Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2013
By: dookiecat First Son 15 posts

Returning to GT5, encountered problem

27 replies 253 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

I've seen numerous freezing issues about installing, so I apologize if this is repetitive, but I believe my issue may be a little different. I had previously played GT5, sold it, and recently purchased it again, this time the GT5 XL version.  After putting my code in to redeem the DLC, I started the game.  Now, it seems like everytime I go to select one of the new cars, especially the Red Bull Formula1 car, the game says its installing in the lower right hand corner but never does anything.  I can't leave the screen, but I can access the XMB still so its not the PS3 freezing.  What can I do?  Again, I've seen some posts about similar issues, so if anyone can point me in the right direction or assist me, it would be much appreciated and apologize if this is a repetitive post.

Thank You in advance

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (253 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
893 posts

Re: Returning to GT5, encountered problem

Jan 21, 2013

I just want to say that I am really sorry to hear that. Seems like the problems are getting numerous as to this kind of or similar problem. I hope PD fixes it soon or there are going to be some very unhappy fans out there. Keep checking back for I am  no expert in this matter nor has it happened to me yet from what others have been experiencing.

If a MasterGT sees this he will be able to point you in the right direction or at the least give you a couple of options.

" The problem is, when you push it to the limit it's irresistible. And as soon as you've done it you want to do it again."

Who said it?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (248 Views)
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Thanks for your help! Kinda bummed because I was really looking forward to diving back into the game, but tech hiccups happen I suppose.  

Would also like to add that I am already hard-wired to my PS3, not wireless.  Don't think that would make a difference, but I honestly have no idea.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (242 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41025 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Welcome to the GT forum, dookiecat!

It may not be easy, but I think, this time, you will have to determine if the problem exists in your game save or your game updates.

[edit] I wanted to ask first, when did this problem first start? Was it a while ago or just after the 2.10 update?[/edit]

If it exists in your updates, then deleting the game data and re-installing them should clear it up.

If the progress file has a problem, do you have an earlier back-up that might not have the problem in it or is this your only file?

Read through the Help post linked in my signature for ideas about how to tackle this.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (212 Views)
Fender Bender
2749 posts

Jan 21, 2013

dookiecat wrote:

I've seen numerous freezing issues about installing, so I apologize if this is repetitive, but I believe my issue may be a little different. I had previously played GT5, sold it, and recently purchased it again, this time the GT5 XL version.  After putting my code in to redeem the DLC, I started the game.  Now, it seems like everytime I go to select one of the new cars, especially the Red Bull Formula1 car, the game says its installing in the lower right hand corner but never does anything.  I can't leave the screen, but I can access the XMB still so its not the PS3 freezing.  What can I do?  Again, I've seen some posts about similar issues, so if anyone can point me in the right direction or assist me, it would be much appreciated and apologize if this is a repetitive post.

Thank You in advance

I had the same issue when switching from the original GT5 disk, to the XL version.

What fixed it for me was,, I saved the game save file on a flash drive so I would not lose my progress.

Then I deleted all GT5 data from my PS3.

I then installed the XL version as a new clean full install, once that was completed, including loading GT5 game data to HDD, I restored my game save file.

When I restarted GT5 after that everything worked again as it should.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (203 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Thank you so very much. Was sitting here watching GT5 youtube vids to cure my itch while waiting to fix my problem haha

I will try this now and let you know how it works for me!!

Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41025 posts

Jan 21, 2013

nuTTTz wrote:
I had the same issue when switching from the original GT5 disk, to the XL version.

I am pretty sure this compatibility issue had not been reported before, so it has been now.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (194 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

@MastrGT  This is my first time picking the game back up in over a year, so I imagine it's from the 2.10 update as I had no problem before this. I am reinstalling as we speak and will edit with my results! Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

--Edit--Boy, this full reinstall is taking forrrevvvverrr lol

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
4382 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

nuTTTz wrote:

What fixed it for me was,, I saved the game save file on a flash drive so I would not lose my progress.

Then I deleted all GT5 data from my PS3.

I then installed the XL version as a new clean full install, once that was completed, including loading GT5 game data to HDD, I restored my game save file.

When I restarted GT5 after that everything worked again as it should.

Hope this helps.

Thanks much for the tip Nuttz.

I'm going to copy this into a .txt file for future reference. :smileyhappy:

One question though...

Did you wait until your game was updated completely (latest version #) before restoring your original gamesave file?

Proud to be a Monkey!
 photo GTLogoMonkeySig.gif

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2649 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Now it was a couple of updates ago, but when I replaced my disc with an XL one, it worked fine with no reinstall needed. It was just put the disc in and go.

Data had been saaved to USB but did bot need to reinstall it either.

For me it was completely transparent going from one disc to the other.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (171 Views)
0 Likes