Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3271 posts

Re: Racing Wheel Cheaters

Nov 24, 2012

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

What's up with first time posters who do "hit and runs"?  Create a thread making accusations of how the game is unfair, everyone else replies and sometimes gets into arguements over it, but the origional poster is long gone and never replies back in his own thread.

Some do it just to provoke, then sit back to watch the fur fly, and some are stunned into silence, sitting back in shock when people actually disagree or have a counterpoint.  And some just don't bother to follow up.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (326 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Nov 24, 2012

It's today's youth.  They have the attention span of a ...... Oh, Oh, Oh, shiny object.  What was I talking about?  That's right the youth of today have no patience or attention span for anything longer then a TV show.

DIsclaimer: My opinions are just that, MY opinions. They in no way shape or form express the opinions of anyone else unless they happen to agree with me.

Actual quote from a driver: "I never brake check anyone, but if I see you right behind me, I'm going to brake as hard as I can"
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (313 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3004 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (296 Views)
Wastelander
757 posts

Nov 24, 2012

I guess he realized he was wrong.  Any real player of this game knows that aids slow you down anyways.

aka smokeethetire
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 26, 2012

+1

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

What's up with first time posters who do "hit and runs"?  Create a thread making accusations of how the game is unfair, everyone else replies and sometimes gets into arguements over it, but the origional poster is long gone and never replies back in his own thread.

Perhaps he also was put off by the high and mighty tactics of those self-appointed moderators here?

His first 'reply' was no such thing. It was merely a tirade. You want to call yourself 'welcoming' here? Give first time posters the benefit of the doubt, rather than vitriol...

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Nov 26, 2012

dmcallis wrote:
Swerve
In his defense, he never named any specific person, so I do not see any infraction...

Totally ignored post. Reposted to avoid editing.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
8352 posts

Nov 26, 2012

to me this is either two things... 1, a poster who as some have suggested, just wanted to provoke a discussion about something that would make PD look bad.  2, it's a misunderstanding about a glitch that did once exist in OFFLINE only, where some of the specially challenges/races etc. did once allow you to use the R/A menu to change things which were prohibited during the pre-race menus.

if it's #2, then it's likely to be a controller user who looses very badly against wheel users and then some of his other controller using friends told him "I heard you can actually use that button to cheat"... "oh man I gotta do something about that!"

It would be nice if he came back here and admitted he was wrong, though.  as others have said, turning on TCS isn't going to give you a faster car.  It most likely will slow you down depending on your driver skill.  That is, if you aren't very good at controlling throttle, and you are going to bob and weave all over the track, then of course some TCS will help you manage that and improve your times.  But to be FAST?  You must turn it off to gain the ability to do what the elite racers can do, which is control traction at every moment with your brain, arms and feet.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (199 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41022 posts

Nov 26, 2012

It's pretty safe to say that we won't learn anything new until the OP returns, which he hasn't done since he dropped this on the 19th.

Whatever "proof" he has, he can send to me in a PM, but until then I am going to request locking this nonsense.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (183 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4213 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Hey Guys,

This thread has run it's course and will now be locked.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (175 Views)
0 Likes