Nov 20 2012
By: RM-SPEC-7 First Son 2 posts

Racing Wheel Cheaters

29 replies 655 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

I am aware of a trend online where people who have certain racing wheels have the ability to defeat the disabling if traction control, active stability management and antilock brakes. I would like to hear what Polyphony plans to do to correct this. It ruins the game for legitimate players by making bad drivers with bad setups cabable of incredible feats.

Message 1 of 30 (655 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Re: Racing Wheel Cheaters

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

RM-SPEC-7 wrote:

I am aware of a trend online where people who have certain racing wheels have the ability to defeat the disabling if traction control, active stability management and antilock brakes. I would like to hear what Polyphony plans to do to correct this. It ruins the game for legitimate players by making bad drivers with bad setups cabable of incredible feats.

What proof do you have?

Also, accusing people of Cheating is against the rules at this Forum. What kind of response do you expect from PD when you can't even follow the rules of this Forum?

Quote from Rules of Conduct for these Forums:

Do Not:

• Accuse others of cheating, glitching, or other malicious/offensive actions. We refer to this as “blacklisting” or “naming and shaming”. If you think that someone is violating the Terms of Service or the Rules of Conduct in some way, report them through the games title itself (if you can) or through the Knowledge Center. Please refrain from reporting In-Game infractions in these forums. 
 photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 2 of 30 (642 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I've never heard of this before, that's pretty interesting. Do you know of the exact wheels that are causing this phenomenon to occur and how? 

With a wheel, it's easier to bring up the RA Function menu to adjust TCS, ABS, brake balance, ASM, and torque split on the fly (you can do it with a controller too, but you might run out of buttons), but when TCS, ABS, etc.  are disabled online, those settings are grayed out and can't be adjusted (unless the wheel somehow changes this). Other than that, the only real "cheating" you can do with the RA Function menu is adjust the brake balance in spec and shuffle races, which you normally aren't able to do.

I don't think "bad drivers with bad setups" would be able to do anything incredible just by enabling a few driver aids secretly. ASM will make you slower for sure. TCS is slower. Even if they could somehow enable ABS, it won't cause anything incredible to happen, just make braking more consistent.

Message 3 of 30 (634 Views)
Fender Bender
3837 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Swerve
In his defense, he never named any specific person, so I do not see any infraction...
Message 4 of 30 (624 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

Sorry, but that is an incredibly  ignorant statement! Are you the only "Legitimate player", me thinks not! There are no facts in the accusation. You have nothing but a broad and unprovable claim of widespread cheating.

As Gar stated, those aids do not make a driver faster. They may make an inexperienced driver more confident, that's all! This looks like another lame attempt to gain some attention through made up sensationalism.

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 5 of 30 (617 Views)
MVP Support
45087 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

RM-SPEC-7 wrote:

I am aware of a trend online where people who have certain racing wheels have the ability to defeat the disabling if traction control, active stability management and antilock brakes.

Before anything can be done, if there actually is a problem, we need details as to how it works.

RM-SPEC-7 wrote:

I would like to hear what Polyphony plans to do to correct this. It ruins the game for legitimate players by making bad drivers with bad setups cabable of incredible feats.

When we are able to prove the ability actually exists, then we can deal with the next step.

This sounds more like a misinterpretation as a result of using the RA menu.

Message 6 of 30 (598 Views)
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Firstly, as mentioned earlier, the RA adjustment is not exclusive to racing wheels. You can use it on a DS3 as well, via the button configuration menu. If an assist is not allowed, you can't turn it on via the RA function.

The only driver aid that lets you accomplish "increadible feats" is Skid Recovery Force. RA does not allow you to turn on or off SRF.

Driver assists don't turn terrible cars into rockets. Hence their name: assists. Assists merely take some control of the car. None of them (other than SRF) increase the car's potential in any way.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 7 of 30 (593 Views)
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I cannot get into the head of the OP on what he encountered during a race.  But here is a fact of a personal experience...

I am no where near the top echelon of the GT5 racers /  drivers.  More often than not, I lag well behind the front or mid runners in any given race.  However, once in a full moon, I have a car tuned to my driving style, which allowed me to compete with the "big boys" and racing for the podiums.  Did I use SRF?  No.  Did I use Active Steering?  No.... and so on, and so forth.  However, I do use RA Adjustment in race for the options that are available to me, e.g. Brake Balance.

So, since I am not a top driver, it does not make me illegitimate to race with the big boys.  According to the the OP, I would be considered as a cheater since I use a wheel.  I take offence to the blanket statement by the OP.

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 8 of 30 (571 Views)
Fender Bender
3837 posts

Nov 20, 2012
For the record, out of neccesity, I do use a DFGT (with the OP's mis-informed idea of a Cheat Button built in).

Knowing it is impossible to do what he is warning of, I do not see it as a problem. Laughable, maybe. Problem, not so much.... Smiley Happy

Anyone who has seen me race wanna say I'm cheating? LOL

I'm more amused by this than outraged...
Message 9 of 30 (521 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5112 posts

Nov 20, 2012

dmcallis wrote:

Anyone who has seen me race wanna say I'm cheating? LOL

Well, you were passing quite a few cars last nite! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 30 (517 Views)
0 Likes