Whew! I made it just in time.

Now you're not last anymore jj. Smiley Wink
Message 42 of 59 (467 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4561 posts

Re:RESULTS - VOTE # 3 for The Essential Car List - VOTE RESULTS

Oct 19, 2012

So folks, we have good news and bad news.  First, here is the good news.  The result of the third vote, with a clear winner, a two way tie for second and a four way tie for third.  All would be excellent additions to the game:

1M1BMW1978Germany
2Pantera Group 4DeTomaso1972Italy
2MP4-12C Can Am EditionMcLaren2012UK
3Javelin SST 390 "Go-Package"AMC1969USA
3250GTFerrari1962-1963Italy
3T70 MkIIIBLola Cars1969-1970UK
3Formula Mazda ProStar Race Cars2009-2012USA

Now for the bad news: 

This is the third vote and this project has been given enough time to prove its value.  Of the number of views of the original post, even assuming some multiple views by the same people, less than 10% actually thought it was worth voting.  The number of people that voted in the third round is down when compared to the first two votes, when the hope was to see an increase.   There have been disappointments, from the unwillingness or inability of some folks to buy into the nomination format, to some cars not receiving any votes, meaning the original nominator has moved on or doesn’t care.

The community has spoken, or not spoken, depending on the view.  There has not been sufficient support from the community to warrant continuing with this effort as it is.  Perhaps, dare I say it, currently the community is not as influential or does not have, or want to have, the powerful voice that some would hope.  I will take my cues from the community as a whole.  So it is quite likely this will be the last vote and the list will be no longer be maintained.  Unless somebody else is willing to pursue the idea in some form, it will end.

The Essential GT Car List thread is still there for those who wish to use it, whether your intent is to make a constructive effort, or just to tell everybody you think a car is cool.  I urge anybody making a request to put in a little effort, to make it something others will say, “Yeah that would be a great addition to the game”.

I would like to thank all those who have contributed and provided encouragement.   A special mention should go to reddsun1 the King of all nominators, defender of the faith and he of the bruised forehead , and also to the migrating Tuna who popped in for the fishing, and even the guy who was so enthusiastic he voted twice.  The intent was to provide an organized positive means to help the community, but it can’t go on as a pet project for a few people.  My apologies to anybody who is disappointed, but I can no longer justify the time and effort.

It’s time for me to put this horse out to pasture and let it wander through the field.  I hope it stays out of the thistles.

Thanks again to all who have helped.

Message 43 of 59 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5002 posts

Re: Re:RESULTS - VOTE # 3 for The Essential Car List - VOTE RESULTS

Oct 19, 2012
Too bad my nomination never made it Smiley Sad but I can see why when put up against so many great cars. Smiley Happy

Oz, I just want to say thanks for all the hard work & effort in this, and all you do here. You're a great member of this community, and it just wouldn't be the same without ya. It's sad to see it stop, but I totally understand the reasons.
Message 44 of 59 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Re: RESULTS - VOTE # 3 for The Essential Car List - VOTE RESULTS

Oct 20, 2012

That's too bad, Oz. Is it a significant amount down? I can assure you I've viewed the OP at least ten times, from reading new messages on page 1, and also looking for reference.

Those who don't participate are just missing out. It's their loss. It means that us who care about improving GT5's car selection will have more weight in our votes.

I think, regardless of participation level, you should continue holding votes, for as long as there are sufficient nominations. Which given the number of nominations still open for voting, means we could have at least a few more votes, even if we didn't receive any more nominations from now on (which is highly unlikely).

But if this is true, that you will no longer be holding votes or maintaining the list, I may decide to take over responsibility. I do hope we can make a truly beneficial impact on the GT5 car selection, and that we're not just playing around in a sealed democratic box.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 45 of 59 (433 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

Oct 20, 2012

2 of my votes got in!  Yay

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 46 of 59 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4561 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Gojet-64 wrote:

That's too bad, Oz. Is it a significant amount down? I can assure you I've viewed the OP at least ten times, from reading new messages on page 1, and also looking for reference.

Those who don't participate are just missing out. It's their loss. It means that us who care about improving GT5's car selection will have more weight in our votes.

I think, regardless of participation level, you should continue holding votes, for as long as there are sufficient nominations. Which given the number of nominations still open for voting, means we could have at least a few more votes, even if we didn't receive any more nominations from now on (which is highly unlikely).

But if this is true, that you will no longer be holding votes or maintaining the list, I may decide to take over responsibility. I do hope we can make a truly beneficial impact on the GT5 car selection, and that we're not just playing around in a sealed democratic box.

Yes it is too bad.  I took a three strikes and you're out approach and on the third strike, despite the encouragement from a few in the crowd, the community swing just wasn't there.    It wasn't a snap decision and I'll ponder some more over the weekend, but I doubt I'll continue, for the reasons mentioned and more.  You are welcome to take over and if you do I'll support it and vote.   No matter how I look at it, I'm finding it hard to convince myself to keep it going.

Message 47 of 59 (429 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44507 posts

Re: Re:RESULTS - VOTE # 3 for The Essential Car List - VOTE RESULTS

Oct 20, 2012

Thanks for your time, effort and ideas for this project, OzDaddy!

If Go-jet64 can manage it from here, I know I will welcome his effort, too.

However, after watching this experiment, I am even more convinced now that PD needs to do something themselves, in GT (such as a Wish List Mode), to keep us directly involved with nominating new content. It is the only way I can think of to open wish lists up to any GT fan, so that we can have some meaningful input for getting more cars and tracks that we want.

Message 48 of 59 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 20, 2012

Seconded (or thirded.  or something).  Many thanks for your efforts. 

Oh well...

That's the beauty of democracy: the people get the results they deserve.

So for all the whiners; the grabastic thread starters; the (I suspect) Microsoft-sent trolling spammers: feel free to direct your I-wants, your please-gimmes, your PD-outghtas, and refer them to the nearest brick wall.  Your underwhelming response speaks volumes--much more so apparently, than any concerted efforts at rational thought and participation (and reading simple *bleep*ing instructions) could have. 

Message 49 of 59 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 22, 2012

thanks oz for all your work on this.

the main problem is that the whole community doesn't come here, and there's no good way to advertise to everyone that's out there in open lobby land.  sure, a few forums heard about this, but no one else.

MastrGT's idea of doing it in-game is probably the best way to cure that problem.  hopefully it's something that can happen.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 50 of 59 (351 Views)
0 Likes