Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/14/2010
Offline
2171 posts
 

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA discussions

Dec 3, 2012

Sounds interesting. Did you guys take shifts of two hours each and added up the total times to determine the winner or did you do something different? I haven't participated in an enduro since last year when spxshark put together a 2 hours of LeMans event that was quite fun. With only 2 seconds difference between first and second over 6 hours, that's insane. Must have been intense.

Message 31 of 132 (405 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/04/2003
Offline
44895 posts
 

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA discussions

Dec 3, 2012

Total time and lap-counts.

 

Our team was down by two laps, for instance.

Message 32 of 132 (397 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/29/2008
Online
835 posts
 

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA discussions

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Sounds interesting. Did you guys take shifts of two hours each and added up the total times to determine the winner or did you do something different? I haven't participated in an enduro since last year when spxshark put together a 2 hours of LeMans event that was quite fun. With only 2 seconds difference between first and second over 6 hours, that's insane. Must have been intense.


It was done in "Free Run". An incoming driver would sit in the pits until the outgoing driver stopped in his pit stall, then he would hit the drive button. The outgoing driver would then exit the pits. This way there was always open pits for incoming drivers.

Each team decided on their own driver stint, anywhere between 45 minutes and 2 hours.


Sig by: exXboxFan.
Message 33 of 132 (388 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/04/2003
Offline
44895 posts
 

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA discussions

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

peyepete wrote:
It was done in "Free Run".

Right. Once you start a normal race, no player changes are allowed to the lobby and the race time is fixed to the setting. In Free Run, team members can come and go as needed to get the job done.

 

Keeping track of all of this places an unnecessary burden on the race administrators, however.

 

[edit] I was just thinking that running more races in a mode that allowed for driver changes would allow for disconnected players to jump back into the race. It would be handy for a lot of people.

Message 34 of 132 (375 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/14/2010
Offline
2171 posts
 

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA discussions

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

I had never thought about running races in free run. That opens up lots of possibilities when you think about it.

Message 35 of 132 (341 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/22/2011
Offline
3789 posts
 

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA discussions

Dec 3, 2012
I kinda wish I had known how this was to work. I thought the teams had to be together... I wanted to participate but thought it impossible for me.

Now I know and will keep it in mind for next time. If there is one.

Glad you guys got this to work. Great that your "what if we did this?" worked.

This kind of thing is what we need more of, the getting around imposed limitations. Good work.
Message 36 of 132 (336 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/03/2008
Online
1060 posts
 

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA discussions

Dec 3, 2012

If anyone is interested the races is now available on YouTube.  The last 30-40 minutes are missing at the moment.  Moose is planning on getting the missing part loaded tonight.  It was the first time he tried loading a 6 hour 15 minute, 24.4 gig video to YouTube, seems like it may have been over the limit.

 

 photo Can-AmRacingjimmy1971SigTPRA_zps51398178.jpg
Message 37 of 132 (328 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
Registered: 12/04/2003
Offline
44895 posts
 

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA discussions

Dec 3, 2012

For 25 Gb, having a torrent source would really help. Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 132 (310 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/07/2008
Offline
2967 posts
 

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA discussions

Dec 4, 2012

jimmy1971 wrote:

If anyone is interested the races is now available on YouTube.  The last 30-40 minutes are missing at the moment.  Moose is planning on getting the missing part loaded tonight.  It was the first time he tried loading a 6 hour 15 minute, 24.4 gig video to YouTube, seems like it may have been over the limit.

 



Unfortunatly the last 30-40 minutes came out blank. We havent yet found  the cause, but we think it may be buffer size related.

 

We aplogize and have steps already coming into place to ensure this is not a recurring problem.



Message 39 of 132 (277 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/04/2008
Offline
967 posts
 

Re: RACING WITH THE TPRA discussions

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

dmcallis wrote:

Glad you guys got this to work. Great that your "what if we did this?" worked.

This kind of thing is what we need more of, the getting around imposed limitations. Good work.

It is wonderful what "thinking outside the box" can do.  Other examples would be last night's MastrGT Mayham on TopGear track, or OzDaddy's Egg and Spoon event to give GT5 a different taste and more fun.

 

 photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 40 of 132 (274 Views)
Reply
0 Likes