Jan 25 2013
By: WS6transam96 First Son 4 posts

Question on how i get to drive all the cars in the game

10 replies 347 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

Right now i am at a level 14, almost 15.  But how do i ever get to the point where i get to drive some of the cars that cost like 5 million credits.  That just seems really daunting.  Then its like for some races i have to buy say an older japanese model and waste money on a car that i am only going to use for a handful of races.  Is this just how it works?  Sorry just kind of confused.  Thanks

Message 1 of 11 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3840 posts

Re: Question on how i get to drive all the cars in the game

Jan 25, 2013
The biggest source of cash in game are the seasonals. Running them will give you a lot bigger payout than anything else in the game, even if you do not win.

Secondly, make and put online as many B-Spec drivers as possible. Then get on the friends list of folks who run a lot of remote races. If you are just starting, this is another source of cash, even when your PS3 is turned off and you are sleeping. To keep people running your drivers, it's nice to return the favor and run theirs. If you are doing something else and not really using the PS3, just start a race with your friends drivers and come back every twenty minutes or so and start the next one. Or You can watch if you want, naturally...
This kinda menas making friends so getting online (and coming here (done)) are good ways to start.

Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 11 (334 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Hi there, keep in mind that GT5 is huge and has the main goal to give various racing experience to different racers. There's a lot to do and this game will keep you hooked for a long time. More hard the race will be, more credits (cash) you'll receive, plus if you log everyday you'll get bonus.

That said, 5000000$ credits is not so much with the Seasonal Events now. Some races give close to a million with the bonus for the 1st place. Now can you lead it? That's the question =)

Also you won't drive every car I'd say, not needed. Try all the Premium I would suggest, then some of the stardards are pretty good.

And enjoy! But if you're running to complete this game, you'll find the path pretty long. Take your time.

Message 3 of 11 (325 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Benny and DM thanks alot for the replys! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jan 25, 2013

while there are some good shortcuts to getting cars quicker, I would hate for you to miss out on the learning opportunity of having to race the slower cars etc.

if you want a challenge, keep your car's PP close or below the PP of other cars in the a-spec races so that you have to actually drive well to win.

learning on slower cars will allow you even greater speed when you get to the fast ones.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 5 of 11 (315 Views)
Fender Bender
3271 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Also don't forget to try to log into the game daily if you can, to keep that daily log-in bonus at 200%!  Even if you can't spend much time playing that day, keeping that bonus up pays off when you do score big! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 11 (308 Views)
MVP Support
45127 posts

Jan 26, 2013

WS6transam96 wrote:

Right now i am at a level 14, almost 15.  But how do i ever get to the point where i get to drive some of the cars that cost like 5 million credits.  That just seems really daunting.  Then its like for some races i have to buy say an older japanese model and waste money on a car that i am only going to use for a handful of races.  Is this just how it works?  Sorry just kind of confused.  Thanks

As you increase your experience level, more accessibility opens up. A greater variety of cars can be used and you open up more challenges. Once you get to about level 22-24 somewhere, most content will be available.

However, if you want to meet good players and make use of the cars that you own, please join in on the forum events made just for this. The Monday and Saturday events are long-term and on-ging ways of mixing everything up, and for having fun.

Message 7 of 11 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 27, 2013

A) I'd counsel not getting too worked up about the multi-million cr. cars. Your driving skills are going to improve the fastest driving lower price cars with lower grip tires (CS or SH) and no aids except ABS=1. Later on, when you get those beasts, you'll be able to drive them well. Getting them too soon and just sliding through every apex or looping it on most corners isn't going to help you any!

B) Once you have those basic racing and driving skills nailed, winning most of the Seasonals is pretty easy, and the money just pours in. By which time, you can actually control them without SRF and all the other aids.

C) Don't be in such a rush to get all the cars, especially the multi-million ones. Best guess about GT6 is probably another 2 years. Give yourself something to work towards in a year's time!

D) Time in the seat is what gets you the money, in the long run. Practice diligently, learn your racing lines and braking points, learn how to drive clean in a pack, and money won't be an issue. Then go online... Don't forget, shuffle and spec racing provide quite possibly the closest, most even racing out there short of full on League rooms. And the cars get provided for you there, you don't need to buy them!

Take your time, enjoy racing online, don't worry too much about the high priced cars. In all fairness, they seldom provide the best quality racing you'll find in the GT5 community. Pace yourself!

Message 8 of 11 (257 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jan 28, 2013

When I first started the game on launch day, I lusted after some of the high end cars. The joy of the game for me, is progressing both in skill and garage size. Personally, if I could instantly buy and race every car,  I would be quickly bored.

As stated previously, the Seasonals are a great way to make some quick cash. In the matter of 1/2 hour, you could easily make enough to buy yourself 2 of those 5 million dollar beauties.

I have every car in the game and and 18 million in the bank. I often will buy a 20 million dollar car, just to give myself another challenge. A couple of hours of Seasonals and I have 15 mill in the bank again!

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 9 of 11 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2125 posts

Jan 28, 2013

If you get a level or year ticket, look here to see what cars are available. If there's a car you really want eg. Chaparral 2J, then you can have a go at flipping the ticket until you get the car you want.

Tutorial on ticket flipping : http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/Flipping-Tickets/m-p/37260633#M60...

Message 10 of 11 (203 Views)
0 Likes