Jan 02 2012
By: Dasher-99 First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Problem with arcade mode

10 replies 315 views Edited Jan 2, 2012

Hey all,

So i have been playing GT mode for quite sometime so I haven't been on arcade mode recently. Yesterday though I went to play with a buddy of mine but came across a problem. When we enter any for of arcade mode (singe race, time trial, drift challenge, or 2P Battle) we get to the map selctor and all seems fine, but once we select a map the screen goes blac for 2 seconds and we get back to the main arcade mode screen... I tried deleting the game data (not profile data), restarting the game and re-updating. Still no anvil.

Can someone help? Or has anyone had this problem?

Message 1 of 11 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Re: Problem with arcade mode

Jan 2, 2012

Dasher-99 wrote:

Hey all,

So i have been playing GT mode for quite sometime so I haven't been on arcade mode recently. Yesterday though I went to play with a buddy of mine but came across a problem. When we enter any for of arcade mode (singe race, time trial, drift challenge, or 2P Battle) we get to the map selctor and all seems fine, but once we select a map the screen goes blac for 2 seconds and we get back to the main arcade mode screen... I tried deleting the game data (not profile data), restarting the game and re-updating. Still no anvil.

Can someone help? Or has anyone had this problem?

Sounds odd. 

It works fine for me right now (I don't use arcade much).  When you pick a track, the game wants to load your list of favourited cars (as they can be used in Arcade mode and are what's selected from in the next menu), so maybe try changing what's in there.  If your favourite cars list is empty, favourite a car; if not empty, remove one or all of them and see what happens.

Message 2 of 11 (315 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 2, 2012

ill give that a shot. At the moment im trying the "install" where it copies 8GB of data to make load times faster.

Message 3 of 11 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Jan 2, 2012

A re-install often helps.  Beyond that I don't know what to suggest.

Message 4 of 11 (315 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 3, 2012

well, that didn't work...

Message 5 of 11 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Jan 3, 2012

Only thing that I could suggest if that still doesn't work is to completely delete all of your game data (REPEAT GAME data, NOT SAVE data) via your XMB, restart the PS3, then start the first install/updates for the game again.  It's VERY time consuming, as you have to not only go through downloading ALL of the updates all over again (and there's a LOT) and installing them, but you'll also have to re-download any purchased DLC as well.

Just deleting the game data via the in-game options menu doesn't actually remove the game data, or update information just what's stored on the disk originally that can be (optionally) installed in one shot, or as you go.  The above method removed all traces of the game entirely from the system (other than the save data, which I stress to NOT delete), and makes you have to re-install/re-update absolutely everything, which if it's a corrupt file somewhere in there that's causing the issue, the in-game removal will not solve, but this method will.

Another bothersome part about this method, is not all, (IE: MOST) of your garage's thumbnail pictures will not show anything until you click on "refresh thumbnail" on every individual vehicle.  I discovered this when I had to do this to fix a corruption issue with my game.  As I have over 1100 vehicles, I don't even bother with the vehicle thumbnails anymore unless I'm actually looking to select the vehicle.

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog
_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_
20+ Remote Races ran daily as well as daily vehicles & other prizes given out @
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36466084#36466084

See My Garage & Items here!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/32647

For information on my Real Life racing group, as well as track times/dates:
www.speedwayperformance.org

***NOTE*** I do NOT send friend requests. If you wish to join, send me a request, and I'll add you.
Message 6 of 11 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Jan 3, 2012

clacksman you got it right, once i revoed my cars from favorites it worked.

Lil_Guard_Dog I think i did that process and it took most of the day haha.

To both of you, thanks. I really do appreciate the replies and happy new year!

Message 7 of 11 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Jan 3, 2012

Nice.

Message 8 of 11 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jan 3, 2012

Obligatory photo worx 2

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z179/ZRX_PAUL/derail9ni.jpg

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 9 of 11 (315 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Ive started playing in arcade mode again and for some reason after i finish a timed or any kind of race it freezes on me. Can someone help resolve this issue? Or is there a update comming out to fix it?

Message 10 of 11 (291 Views)
0 Likes