Highlighted
Nov 30 2012
By: Zombieman007 Hekseville Citizen 277 posts

Problem receiving in-game reward!

5 replies 239 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

Back in August I was awarded the GT Academy racing suit for completing the GT Academy game.  It appears in a list of gifts under community, but when I click on it and try to add it to my items so that I can use it, nothing happens.  A pop-up appears that says "Add to items?" and when I click yes, nothing happens.  There is a sound effect, but the item is never moved to my items.  I have already deleted my game data and spent several hours reinstalling it and all the updates, but the problem persists.  Has anybody had this problem?  Can anybody help?

I want:
1. Use Home avatar as XMB avatar and on ID card.
2. Display trophies of choice on ID card, instead of most recently earned trophies.
3. Iron Man suit (preferably with separate helmet) for my Playstation Home avatar.

Message 1 of 6 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4527 posts

Re: Problem receiving in-game reward!

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

Others have had success with solving similar problems by having a friend send something else as a gift and the stuck item has been "dislodged".  Try that, it might work.

Message 2 of 6 (229 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Dec 2, 2012

That worked perfectly.  Thank you!  Sony should replace all of their customer support people with people like you who actually play their games and have knowledge of them.

I want:
2. Display trophies of choice on ID card, instead of most recently earned trophies.
3. Iron Man suit (preferably with separate helmet) for my Playstation Home avatar.

Message 3 of 6 (193 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44371 posts

Dec 2, 2012

The support staff should know about this, so I will pass this tip on to them again.

Message 4 of 6 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Dec 2, 2012

"again"?  So they were notified about this issue and it's fix?  Because when I called a couple days ago they told me they did not have a suggestion for me except for deleting and reinstalling the game data which I had already tried.

I want:

Message 5 of 6 (175 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44371 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Yes, again. I sent in another request now for this tip to be added to their database, so let's hope it works this time.

It is also added to my help post, just in case it can help players who come here first.

Message 6 of 6 (169 Views)
0 Likes