Mar 01 2009
By: Flekken First Son 20 posts

Porsche in Gran Turismo 5?

51 replies 5859 views Edited Mar 1, 2009

Someone who know why the Gran Turismo games don`t have any Porsches? Porsche is one of the best manufacters in the world, why not inlclude them in the Gran Turismo games!!?? I really hope that there will be a Porsche or two in GT5!

Sorry for bad english, I am from Norway. (A country in northern Europe, a little bit north for Germany and east for the UK Smiley Tongue)

Message 1 of 52 (5,859 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Re: Porsche in Gran Turismo 5?

Mar 1, 2009
EA Games has, or at least held, the licensing, preventing PD from developing them for the game.  This may have changed, as rumors are circulating that PD is trying to get Porsche.  Just be happy we finally got Ferrari.
Message Edited by McClarenDesign on 03-01-2009 11:23 AM
mcclarendesign.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/CarOfTheWeekNStuff/videos
https://plus.google.com/+McclarendesignBlogspotGTReviews
http://www.twitch.tv/mcclarendesign
Message 2 of 52 (5,859 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6096 posts

Sep 23, 2009

Alright, I'm going to bump this thread real quick because I pretty much wanted to ask the same question. As of now, Ferrari has been added in GT5: Prologue and Lamborghini is now in GT for the PSP (which means they have acquired the license).

Any news on what's going on with Porsche and if their exclusive deal with EA has expired yet?

Message Edited by IronFistedChamp on 09-23-2009 01:32 PM
Message 3 of 52 (5,859 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44352 posts

Sep 23, 2009
Kazunori has already said Porsche ain't happening, at least with GT PSP.

GT5 will be around for a very long time, to who knows, in the long run?

Cheers,
Message 4 of 52 (5,859 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Sep 23, 2009
I think EA doesn't feel threatened by Forza.  They do feel threatened by Gran Turismo, so they blocked gran turismo from getting Porsche.
Message 5 of 52 (5,859 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6096 posts

Sep 23, 2009

MastrGT wrote:

Cheers,

Hmm, then I guess the TGS GT5 blowout isn't going to be full of too many surprises. I do however hope that at some point down the line they will be able to add Porsche vehicles to Gran Turismo 5. I don't care if I have to pay for them.

Here's hoping for weather and night tracks revealed at TGS though. 

Message 6 of 52 (5,859 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1487 posts

Sep 23, 2009

IronFistedChamp wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

Cheers,

Hmm, then I guess the TGS GT5 blowout isn't going to be full of too many surprises.

Don't hold your breathe, there is an endless possibilities of surprises to be had

Message 7 of 52 (5,859 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Mar 3, 2010

Who wants to go for a little stroll with me down speculation lane?

So, lets set the scene here. Nascar is a welcome new addition to the GT franchise, and has been a big bit of news for the last year. However, there was a time when the possibility of stockers being featured in GT was laughed at, by myself included. One afternoon, approaching exactly one year ago, while watching some silly left turning, an eagle eyed GT fan spotted this:

...in a Nascar Digger promo (37 seconds). Clearly a copy of this GT5Prologue shot:

It wasn't long after that, that the infamous E3 trailer introduced us to Nascar in GT.

Now, what does this have to do with Porsche?Smiley Happy

http://www.netcarshow.com/porsche/2010-918_spyder_concept/1024x768/wallpaper_0b.htm

This is a shot of the dash of the new Porsche 918 Hybrid Concept. Yes, that's GTPSP's track selection screen you see there:

This is not an amateur photoshop joke. These are official press shots, from Porshce. Furthermore, that screen can be briefely seen in the video now playing on Porsche's website:

http://www.porsche.com/uk/

Click Start Web Special, then, again, click Start Web Special on the screen that pops up. That electric car they show, from 1900, sure looks digitaly rendered. I wonder if PD did that? later on you can see the dash of the 918, with the PSP screen on it. Smiley Surprised

DriverSports.org
Message 8 of 52 (5,859 Views)
MVP Support
44352 posts

Mar 3, 2010
Message 9 of 52 (5,859 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Mar 3, 2010

The two theories I can come up with are:

1. PD went viral, as it appears they did with Nascar. It's a subtle kind of viral, but the GT community didn't miss it.
  2. Porsche is poking fun at Nissan for having a video game company design their digital display. Of course, that could potentially open them up to lawsuits...

I'll take 1. please. Someone at GTP mentioned that waiting out the end of EA/Porsche's contract could be the reason for the delay. I don't know the specifics of that contract.

DriverSports.org
Message 10 of 52 (5,859 Views)