Mar 05 2012
By: ginsunh Splicer 54 posts

Porsche for GT5?

55 replies 7273 views Edited Mar 5, 2012

Porsche just signed a deal with F***a for a DLC. Hopefully that means that a similar deal with Polyphony will bring the Carrera GT, 959, 911 GT2, and all the other great Porsches to GT5 for us. Oddly enough, I'd like a 914/6, as my parents took me home from the hospital in their 914.

Message 1 of 56 (7,273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Re: Porsche for GT5?

Mar 5, 2012

dont hold your breath, EA must hate PD or Sony becuase i will never understand how some of the hand held games have porsche license but PD Cant work out a price for it, and PD has prolly spend an un imaginable ammount of money already putting the current cars into the game. im sure they'd be willing to pay more then most but yet we still have no deal and wont prolyl ever get one. but who cares. Ruf Yellow bird is my Fav comfort tire car.

Listen to the lullaby
of carbon monoxide

Message 2 of 56 (7,273 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Will not happen. Porsche has an exclusive contract with EA for quite a while left and does not allow any other makers to use their likeness or images, etc.

Message 3 of 56 (7,273 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44622 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Years ago, I believe it was in the first GT chat for GT4, we were told that one of the reasons that we didn't get some (unnamed) car brands was that PD & SONY were protecting their fans from expensive licencing fees. Now, they were able to make deals with pretty well all of the major brands except one, so I presume price is still a big part of the problem.

Message 4 of 56 (7,273 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
873 posts

Mar 5, 2012

Well, that's been said many many times over here.  And even Forza was not able to get Porsche this time around because of EA's deal.  But you must not have seen the news which is what the OP is referring to.  http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/05/forza-4-gets-porsche-expansion-pack.aspx

Forza is not an EA game so either they worked out a deal with EA, or the EA exclusive is not true.  I suspect the former is correct and Turn 10 / MS studios makes their money back selling the DLC pack for $20.

If Turn 10 can do it, I'm sure PD could do it.  But my guess is they will refuse to pay EA for the rights and would rather omit Porsche from GT5.  I'd love to be wrong.  It would be great if PD has been working on the premium Porsche models while they work out a similar deal with EA!  Isn't there supposed to be DLC coming in March?

(not getting my hopes up)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 56 (7,273 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2465 posts

Mar 6, 2012

It is even in the FAQ Tome.

Jess

"Speed only counts if you can make the next turn." Jessica King #22
GT5 Pics:
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa195/SnakeEyesRacing/GT5/
Message 6 of 56 (7,273 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28830 posts

Mar 6, 2012

TheMainVR4 wrote:

dont hold your breath, EA must hate PD or Sony becuase i will never understand how some of the hand held games have porsche license but PD Cant work out a price for it, and PD has prolly spend an un imaginable ammount of money already putting the current cars into the game. im sure they'd be willing to pay more then most but yet we still have no deal and wont prolyl ever get one. but who cares. Ruf Yellow bird is my Fav comfort tire car.

Listen to the lullaby of carbon monoxide

Why is it that the standard "gamer" response is that somebody hates someone else? Anyone ever hear the old saying; nothing personal, this is business?

The Volkswagen Auto Group (the company that owns Porsche... yes, another company owns the Porsche brand) negotiated a deal with Electronic Arts, not because of hatred, but because of money. Electronic Arts recognized that it was valuable to them to have the Porsche brand exclusively in their games to give them an advantage over other games. Not because they "hate" Sony.

Porsche is BIGGER than video games. There are people who collect anything Porsche. Heck, I even have a Porsche jacket. The brand is that prestigous.

Message 7 of 56 (7,273 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Mar 6, 2012

Very well said Captain.

Now, my fingers are crossed hopping that PD can make the same deal too.

Now, according to the gameinformer.com article for Forza...

"The pack features 30 Porsche models (including 2010 Porsche 911 Sport Classic and 2010 Porsche Boxster S), 20 Porsche events, 10 achievements, Porsche-themed Rival mode events, and more."

I will buy it for $20 in a heart beat IMO.

Like they say, "what goes around comes around," and I am not talking about Karma.
Message 8 of 56 (7,273 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Mar 6, 2012

Can someone please tell me why having Porshe in GT5 would be great? I'm not saying anything bad or good about it, but I'm just curious as to why it's such a big issue not having this manufacturer in GT5. No offence but i'm more of a tuner, japan imports kind of guy. I truely don't mean to offend anyone of their preference of cars, but once again I'm just curious.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 56 (7,273 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28830 posts

Mar 6, 2012

Kevvo21 wrote:

Can someone please tell me why having Porshe in GT5 would be great? I'm not saying anything bad or good about it, but I'm just curious as to why it's such a big issue not having this manufacturer in GT5. No offence but i'm more of a tuner, japan imports kind of guy. I truely don't mean to offend anyone of their preference of cars, but once again I'm just curious.

If you know anything about cars, you don't ask that question.

Message 10 of 56 (7,273 Views)
0 Likes