Sep 30 2012
By: GrimReaper1434 First Son 1 posts

Plz assist!

2 replies 197 views Edited Sep 30, 2012
Hi I had tried to update my ps3 at a friends house and it corrupted my files including my gt5 lx edition and it said I needed to delete it and re download it well I did and it won't give me back my cars and I want my red bull x2011 prototype back so dang bad I can prove in my download history I just recently got it can I plz have the vehicles in the boulders gifted to me or is there something I can do to get it all back ? ( already tried backup file) I have Internet for only a short time and really want it back plz? Thanks
Message 1 of 3 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Re: Plz assist!

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

GrimReaper1434 wrote:
Hi I had tried to update my ps3 at a friends house and it corrupted my files including my gt5 lx edition and it said I needed to delete it and re download it well I did and it won't give me back my cars and I want my red bull x2011 prototype back so dang bad I can prove in my download history I just recently got it can I plz have the vehicles in the boulders gifted to me or is there something I can do to get it all back ? ( already tried backup file) I have Internet for only a short time and really want it back plz? Thanks

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully you had a Backup of your gamesave on either a USB Stick, or on Playstation Plus's Online Storage( Cloud). Iff you by chance did not, sadly you will need to start from scratch again. I hope this info helps. As for the DLC cars, you should be able to redownload them and the install them again. Go to the Playsation Store and check your Downloads. Re -download them, then install them in the game using the little download button in-game.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 2 of 3 (193 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45106 posts

Re: Plz assist!

Sep 30, 2012

Welcome to the forums, GrimReaper1434!

Which back-up file did you try to use, one on the console's hard drive or one that you had saved externally? If the back-up file was corrupted too, then it really wouldn't matter, but if you saved a series of files, then chances are you could recover from at least one of them.

Regardless, though, if your only back-up file is useless, you will have to start over.

As for getting GT working again, read through the Help post linked in my signature. If GT5 is still not working, you will need to keep re-installing until it does work. If your install got corrupted through one friend's Internet connection, then you should try using a different connection.

Message 3 of 3 (165 Views)
0 Likes