Highlighted
Nov 15 2012
By: gfMemo92 First Son 27 posts

Please someone for Talos Sake help me!

[ Edited ]
10 replies 336 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

Oh my god! .. The problems i have been having! .. Please someone help me! What the hell is going on! Smiley Surprised

I try to install the freking game (8GB) and it just simply won't install, it won't freaking install what the hell is going on! I've tried 10 times already and it just won't install. I remember last time i played it some long time ago last year i think? It install perfectly without no problems. Now this time it freezes every time. I always wait 4-6 hours and it does not want to. It's not the Hard-Drive cause like i said it works with other games perfectly. The only one that i am having problems with is Gran Turismo 5. I really want to play it again. Goddamit .. Should i just play it without the Install? Please someone help me! Anything! Anyone!

Now the problem is .. if i play it without the Install the A-Spec races work well, but .. the License Tests. They always freeze up on me. So i don't know what to do. I install it freezes. I don't install something won't work .. Well God freaking Talos Sake. What should i do?

(MasterGT) I tried to do what you told me, but i didn't get nothing. What can i do?

Message 1 of 11 (336 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44618 posts

Re: Please someone for Talos Sake help me!

Nov 15, 2012

It is possible that something has happened to your disc, so try using a different one.

Read through the Help post linked in my signature for some more ideas. There are a variety of causes for this kind of install problem, so if nothing there works, then call customer service.

Message 2 of 11 (326 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Nah .. it's not the Disc. The Disc is Brand New .. It's just impossible .. it's super clean. I only used it one time which was last year, then i stoped playing it.

Message 3 of 11 (322 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44618 posts

Nov 15, 2012

It may not be the disc, but we have had players who found that their disc did go bad on them.

Confirming this first may save you some hair-pulling. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 11 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Nov 15, 2012

How does a disc go bad if there are no scratches or any other physical things wrong with it?  I would say not all the data got burned properly to the disc or the lazer eye is not reading correctly.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 5 of 11 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 15, 2012

the "disc going bad" problem is visually recognizable from what I have seen.  someone posted a pic of their disc with a giant ring around it.

for the record, you can get your scratched/scuffed discs fixed by having someone resurface it.  there is a local gaming 2nd-hand store that does this where I live.

but yea if this guy has a new disc, that probably isn't the issue.  I wonder if it's just the disc install or one of the subsequent updates which is freezing?  if the latter, he should follow your advice to install using a wired connection etc.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 6 of 11 (314 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44618 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

The disc problem does not have to be visible, but it can be.

I bought a Blu-ray movie that was from a bad batch. It was exchanged four times, until the fifth one worked (not that the movie was worth the effort...). These wouldn't play from the beginning, but it just shows that BR discs can have problems, and some discs can cause errors later. Like I said, it is just one thing to eliminate when trying to resolve obscure problems.

Buying the latest disc with all of the old content on it can also save some hair-pulling and tons of time.

Message 7 of 11 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 15, 2012

yea, and seeing how much people pay for hair restoration products, buying the newest version disc will actually save money too!  LOL

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 8 of 11 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
492 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Was gonna say, I'm on my 2nd GT5 disc now. My first one I just got rid of 2 months ago. Although there was nothing visible on the disc, it did however take forever to load anything and when in online rooms it was having major problems. Got a new disc and I haven't had a problem since.

Also, had this same problem before (not counting the disc problem, this came before the disc problem) it could be your PS3. My PS3 was having problems with just one game and only one game. In your case it's GT5, my case was NHL '12. Low and behold, a month later the PS3 finally died out. Granted, it was a fatty launch PS3, so it had it's years and I bought a new one. Just keep that in mind also. If you're not a PS+ plus member, backup your game save data.

Message 9 of 11 (231 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Nov 19, 2012

how did u get new disc?

aka smokeethetire
Message 10 of 11 (170 Views)
0 Likes