Jul 31 2010
By: autofusion Lombax Warrior 242 posts

Pay tuition to take license exams in GT5?

9 replies 33 views Edited Jul 31, 2010

To me, that would make sense because I had to pay about $10 to $20 out of my pocket for me to get my driver's license for my state (Georgia, USA).  But how would this compare to taking in-game driving lessons in GT5 toward a license?!  Get my drift?!  I mean, don't forget!  Back in simulation mode under GT4, we would have to pay a small fee (in-game credits) to use a race track for time trials.  Imagine that...

Do I look like someone who really cares what God thinks?!
Sorry, I do not offer any one-on-one troubleshooting or support via PM or e-mail.
----------------------
PS3 Slim 120GB
20" Acer X203H LCD @ 720p
Creative MF0320, 2ch
Message 1 of 10 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1695 posts

Re: Pay tuition to take license exams in GT5?

Jul 31, 2010

I like that idea. IMO we should pay for everything, such as new tires or repairs. I think GT should include much of the budgeting that real race car drivers have to deal with. Between buying new cars and upgrading them, there wasn't much you could redeem your credits on.

I think it should go further than $20, though. Perhaps we could pay hundreds/thousands for the actual driving lessons.

Message 2 of 10 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2166 posts

Aug 1, 2010

Neptune15 wrote:

I like that idea. IMO we should pay for everything, such as new tires or repairs. I think GT should include much of the budgeting that real race car drivers have to deal with. Between buying new cars and upgrading them, there wasn't much you could redeem your credits on.

I think it should go further than $20, though. Perhaps we could pay hundreds/thousands for the actual driving lessons.

I'm opening a driving school once GT5 comes out, and I take paypal. Smiley Wink 

Photobucket
Message 3 of 10 (33 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Aug 1, 2010

I've been hoping for a General manger or Team owner mode for a long time now.

Throw away the b-spec mode and replaced it with a team owner, paying drivers, pit crews, engineers, having to replace parts and damage, Expenses(like fuel, tires, travel even) pay for Research and development, sponsors, there tons of options and a way they could revamp the b-spec mode

Listen to the lullaby
of carbon monoxide

Message 4 of 10 (33 Views)
Lombax Warrior
238 posts

Aug 1, 2010

TheMainVR4 wrote:

I've been hoping for a General manger or Team owner mode for a long time now.

Throw away the b-spec mode and replaced it with a team owner, paying drivers, pit crews, engineers, having to replace parts and damage, Expenses(like fuel, tires, travel even) pay for Research and development, sponsors, there tons of options and a way they could revamp the b-spec mode

When i first saw your team mode idea i thought of another game nitto1320. its basically a game where you drag race. but their team mode you had actual players on your team and you raced other teams for money, pinkslips, and for fun. and everytime you won you would get a share of the money. it was pretty fun in nitto1320. but i dont know if it would be the same here.

PS3 80 GB (CECHL01)
52" WestingHouse 1080p
Onkyo tx-ds777
Snell cr 5
Snell type cv
Snell type q
Velodyne Subwoofer
Message 5 of 10 (33 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 2, 2010

Formula 1 drivers who scored a lot of points in the previous season pay upwards of $250,000 for their Super License.  I think $100,000 would be pretty decent to pay to unlock the S License tests.

Message 6 of 10 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Aug 2, 2010

I like the idea of a fee to get into Licensing. A small fee.. but a fee none the less.

Message 7 of 10 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

Aug 2, 2010
I don't think too many people will want to pay a fee for every time they have to take a driver's challenge. It could get costly and be discouraging to a lot of drivers.Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 10 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
703 posts

Aug 2, 2010

Id go for that paying for track time type idea for a license.
 Heck why not have a entry fee for racing?The more running(up tp 16 of course)the bigger the winnings and so on.I would say keep it to a max of 1500CR for super and of course lower class lower rate.It would help with the CR. farmers running with a friend in  private rooms to buy cars they IMO shouldnt own or paying for damages they have due to aggressive driving if paying for damage  is a factor.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 10 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Aug 2, 2010

can see it now, GT gambling. All racers put money into pot, 1st through 3rd split money how ever race creator desires. could even go further as to give money for pole position if there is qualifying and fast lap in race.

Message 10 of 10 (33 Views)
0 Likes