Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 02 2010
By: G00dfella25 First Son 15 posts

PSP GO ISSUE: Gran Turismo Issue (Save Data - SAME PSP)

3 replies 430 views Edited Jan 2, 2010

I have discovered an issue with the PSP GO and Gran Turismo (GT PSP), that is quiet frustrating to say the least.

I purchased GT PSP November of 2009.  Excellent game; excellent gaming experience on the PSP GO.

I purchased a 16GB M2 (Memory Stick Micro) December 2009.  Only issue I immediately noticed (but one I will not bark about since Sony states this is the case); Sensme Channels fails to work with the M2. (upsets me; since Sensme Channels works on previous PSP models which would have to have songs saved on memory stick).

Since my purchase of the PSP GO in October 2009; I have had Media Go installed on my laptop to both backup and manage the digital content.  Its great.

From early november to late december I put alot of time into GT PSP; both learning tracks and gaining cars. After getting the M2 in late december; I decided (naturally) to re-organize my PSP GO content; using the recommened Media Go.  Since the songs I have on my PSP GO will only work with Sensme chnnels if they are stored on the Internal Drive and not the M2; I decided to dedicate the Internal Storage to Videos/Audio (Songs)/Comics/Demos/etc; everything but downloaded full games).  I proceeded to delete everything off of my PSP GO - using media go and NOT hardresetting the device; I then put my videos/audio/comics/demos on the internal storage and moved all of my saved fully downloaded games to the M2 (one being GT PSP of course).  I also ensured to move the save data accordingly (save data for PSP GO games on M2 were also moved from internal -> M2)

Everything was running great until I fired up Gran Turismo and it told me that my saved data is from another PSP and it will be wiped out (of course I hit the PSP button to quit game and stop the process).  I still have it backed up; but either the PSP GO/M2/ or media go application screwed up the file.

Even if I move GT PSP back to internal and move save data back; it still fails.  Media Go CANNOT successfully back up your GT PSP save data using Sony Media GO; regardless; even if you do not own a M2; do not ever remove it from your PSP because it will be corrupted. 

I understand the need for GT PSP to attempt to encrypt the data; but either the games save data fails to work as it should; OR; the M2 on the PSP GO has some serious limitations imposed on it; so far as to make the system believe that data on it is not bound to the internal ID of the PSP. 

In all honesty; I think the problem here is with the GT PSP save file and not the M2 (for example; Sony limits Sensme to run on internal only even though it runs fine on M2 from a Sony cell phone)  Once the GT PSP data is backed up and erased from the PSP GO - its locked and will never work again.

It's also important to note, if your PSP GO malfunctions and you need to send it in for repair, they will tell you to backup your device. Good luck if you are backing up Gran Turismo PSP save data.  It didnt work for me.   Also; all other games worked fine moving to the M2.  I moved the other games saved data to the M2 and picked up right where I left off on the internal storage.

Back to the track.......

- Cheers

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (430 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41477 posts

Re: PSP GO ISSUE: Gran Turismo Issue (Save Data - SAME PSP)

Jan 2, 2010
Non- transferable game save may be a continuing problem, going forward.
It's something consumers are going to have to manage the best they can.

Some versions (Blu-ray Prologue) give the consumer options, but others (GT PSN downloads) don't.

Cheers,
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (430 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 2, 2010
Sadly; even if you save your GT PSP data on the M2 from the get go (if your using a PSP GO) - if yo uever need to service your PSP GO; no doubt the save file will see this as a new device and disable itself from use.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2795 posts

Jan 2, 2010

I dont know if this is at all helpful.

On my PSP3000 I can run and use multiple game saves, storing them on my PC harddrive.

What is different, and may or may not be helpful to you, when I am moving gamesave files around I ALWAYS use USB mode and just cut/copy/paste the appropriate folders directly.

May be worth trying.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (430 Views)
0 Likes