Nov 29 2009
By: SWERV_GRIFFIN Treasure Hunter 6687 posts

PS3 Internal Memory Card to PS2 Card

21 replies 274 views Edited Nov 29, 2009

1. With PS3 off, plug in the PS3 Memory Card Adapter with a PS2 Memory Card in the Adapter

2. Start up the PS3 and move over in the XMB to Game and up to Memory Card Utility

3. Press X and select the Internal Memory Card you wish to copy the GT4 data from

4. Press X again and select GRAN TURISMO 4 Game Data (top of list on my internal card)

5. Press Triangle on your controller and you will get Copy, Delete, and Information

6. Select Copy and the screen will say Select the Destination

7. Above the "Create New Internal Memory Card" icon will be your Memory Card in the Adapter that you previously hooked up with USB cable

8. Move up with the left stick or D-pad and select it, then press X

9. Copy to the new Memory Card in the Memory Card Adapter(If you have a game save on the card, it will ask if you wish to overwrite the data)

10. Exit memory Card Utility and shut down your PS3

11. Remove Memory Card from Adapter, and Voila`, Success

I just tried this and it worked beautifully. I tested the card I had just made in my PS2 and everything was there, and it worked fine. Regards, SWERV

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 1 of 22 (274 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Re: PS3 Internal Memory Card to PS2 Card

Nov 29, 2009
Was this thread created because a few users were asking about how to use the Memory Card Adapter? The Adapter has been out for a while and isn't the info on Sony's webiste? Or was it taken off or something?
I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 2 of 22 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Nov 30, 2009
There was no current/accurate info on this Forum, in the PS3 literature, on Sony's website, or anywhere I searched on the internet. Now there is accurate/current info. Thanks for asking. Regards, SWERV
Message 3 of 22 (274 Views)
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Nov 30, 2009

Ok, cool man, well done for doing this. It'll help a lot of experienced and amatuer users alike. I thought I'd ask you, rather than stupidly bothering to dig deep in the never ending soil referred to as the World Wide Web.

I'm not 48 | TPRA Podcast | Follow @tunerspit on Twitter!

Wanna race online? Check out tunerspit.com today!
Message 4 of 22 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Nov 30, 2009
With more and more GT4 comps going up, this information is valuable. Actually more valuable than the memory card adaptor itself. I bought one with my PS3, used it, and promptly gave it to my cousin when he bought a PS3. I didn't even own the thing 24hrs, but it served its purpose.
DriverSports.org
Message 5 of 22 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Dec 6, 2009

Here's a highly relevant thread to post this question in.

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

1. With PS3 off, plug in the PS3 Memory Card Adapter with a PS2 Memory Card in the Adapter

etc.

Is the Sony-branded PS3 Memory Card Adapter the only hardware that can be used to perform this operatiion?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 22 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Dec 6, 2009

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

2. Start up the PS3 and move over in the XMB to Game and up to Memory Card Utility

3. Press X and select the Internal Memory Card you wish to copy the GT4 data from

4. Press X again and select GRAN TURISMO 4 Game Data (top of list on my internal card)

5. Press Triangle on your controller and you will get Copy, Delete, and Information

7. Above the "Create New Internal Memory Card" icon will be your Memory Card in the Adapter that you previously hooked up with USB cable

9. Copy to the new Memory Card in the Memory Card Adapter(If you have a game save on the card, it will ask if you wish to overwrite the data)

I just tried this and it worked beautifully. I tested the card I had just made in my PS2 and everything was there, and it worked fine. Regards, SWERV

Okay, I know I may have misread this (i've been awake for 24 hours straight 100%ing AC2, but isn't this pointless (unless you're lucky enough to still own an original 40GB model) because backward compatability was removed?

"
Message 7 of 22 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
717 posts

Dec 6, 2009

Dose it work in the other direction too?

Information from ps2 card to a created ps2 game save file on the ps3.  

Message 8 of 22 (274 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
43955 posts

Dec 6, 2009

Gazz6666 wrote:
isn't this pointless (unless you're lucky enough to still own an original 40GB model) because backward compatability was removed?

Not to those of us with 60Gb models.

And, yes, the process is bi-directional.

Cheers,
Message 9 of 22 (274 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Dec 6, 2009

Gazz6666 wrote:

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

Okay, I know I may have misread this (i've been awake for 24 hours straight 100%ing AC2, but isn't this pointless (unless you're lucky enough to still own an original 40GB model) because backward compatability was removed?

No it is not "pointless" for at least a couple of reasons.

1) My 80gb PS3 is backwards compatible. It is the MGS4 Bundled PS3. Bought it in July 2008, just like many others did.

2) Many people , myself included, do not even use the PS3 to play PS2 games, even though I could with my PS3. I've pretty much always used one of my PS2s.

3) Most importantly IMO, it is the easiest way for me to send someone my gamesave. I can send it via email attachment, nearly instantly. The recipient can either play on their PS3 if it is BC, or transfer to a PS2 card if they are using a PS2.

To answer clacksman's question from a few posts up. I did not even know about any USB to PS2 card adapters until MasterGT told me about them. I would guess that any adapter that links PS2 cards to USB would work. It is a relatively straightforward process via USB, which is usually universal in function. I have only done thia process personally on a Sony brand device.

Message 10 of 22 (274 Views)