Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3026 posts

Re: PS Blog: check out the post about the GT forum and events tomorrow morning!

Feb 8, 2013

Much awesomeness!  Thats sure to draw some new people in.  :smileyhappy:

Message 21 of 28 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4467 posts

Feb 9, 2013
Very nice! Thanks to Sony & MastrGT for helping to get the word out. :smileyhappy:

Race how you expect to be raced.
 photo GTLogoMonkeySig.gif

~~~ SupaTunaGT ~~~

Message 22 of 28 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8434 posts

Feb 15, 2013

we had two people send a Friend Request to GT Saturday last week, but they didn't join the race.  Maybe this week?

be sure to send requests sooner rather than later, and someone will definitely check prior to setting up the room for racing.  don't worry if it's hours before the race and it is not accepted.  It will be prior to race time.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 23 of 28 (211 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41678 posts

Feb 15, 2013

That's good to hear, Ex. I was meaning to ask how it went last Saturday.

We had three show up on Monday and two of them look interested enough to hang around. I'm not sure how young Max found us, but he may have been a drop-in. It seems that, two years after release, it will take more than a blog post to get some traction with players who are either set in their ways now or who don't know how to find other good drivers.

If anyone out there is sitting on the fence, you can easily join either event and you are assured with help in getting going and with having good clean fun.

Message 24 of 28 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3913 posts

Feb 16, 2013
I thought of one other thing that I would like to see for on-line. I want to see ALL of the rooms that are in use online so I can watch the races.

Then, if I want to join, I can be invited.

Not sure the best way to work that, but it could be interesting!
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... :smileywink:
Message 25 of 28 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8434 posts

Feb 17, 2013

that's a nice idea, but even watching a race takes bandwidth from the race so I think for networking reasons they might only allow you to watch if you join...

posting replays of races, however , is something we could do more to demonstrate what the races are like.  i need better equipment.

Message 26 of 28 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3913 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Anything that would let us watch what others do.
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... :smileywink:
Message 27 of 28 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8434 posts

Feb 18, 2013

yea posting replays is something I've always wanted to do with greater ease.  I need to get a capture device that allows for better quality.  I only have a device that will do standard def videos, and they don't really look good enough to make people watch them.

posting GT Saturdays races and many others would be a great way to get people acquainted to what some more organized racing is like.

afterall, if one is reluctant to join, they usually don't get to see what it's like unless they actually do join.

FWIW, there will be people of all skill levels in races like GT Saturdays.  Long time racing veterans, relative newbies, and everwhere in between.

If you think you can at least get a car around the track in a semi-controled fashion and can watch out for other traffic and play nice, then it is best to just send a FR to GT Saturday and join a race.  That's the best way to get acquainted at this time... just show up!

Message 28 of 28 (135 Views)
0 Likes