Smarter A.I.

Don't take my name too personally Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 31 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3837 posts

Re: POSSIBLE UPDATE IDEAS

Jul 16, 2012

A caps-lock key which works both ways?  And maybe special keys for punctuation symbols?  Smiley Happy

Most of these are stuff we have been asking for. 

Welcome to the forums.  (And look at replacing that faulty keyboard...) 

Message 2 of 31 (381 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Way2gd4u956 wrote:

A DRAG MODE IN CAREER AND ONLINE

If it will keep people who just like to go straight occupied, I'm all for it.

LESS OF THE SAME CAR

If they have the cars, there's no reason to exclude them.

ALL CARS  SHOULD BE MADE PREMIUM

Any newly produced cars should, of course, be premium.  However, again if they have the models for existing cars and they are not premiums, there is no reason NOT to include them into the game.  THink of all the cars you would not have using your "standards".  Oh, and can't you see that these things are already being discussed on this forum?

ALL CARS ARE USABLE, AND EVENT EDITING IS AVAILABLE IN ARCADE MODE

You should NOT be able to use any car at any time.  There are very good reasons for that, which if you don't see it, I won't bother trying to explain.  You can set up just about any type of race you choose in arcade mode.  Don't see the point.

A VERY  SMART ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

Maybe they should start with getting the real intelligence smart first?

MORE TRACKS FROM PREVIOUS GT'S

Yep.

MORE CUSTOMIZATION (BODY KITS, VINYLS/DECALS, ETC)

What so you can rice them all out?

AND A.I. IS TUNED INSTEAD OF BORING STOCK CARS FOR BETTER COMPETITION

Actually often times in a-spec and seasonal races the AI is driving a tuned car, even if you don't realize it.  Depending on the situation.  That is not to say they are tuned WELL, but they are modified at least.  Listen to the exhaust on some of the races and you'll see.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 3 of 31 (371 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jul 16, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

That made me laugh... Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 31 (367 Views)
Splicer
81 posts

Jul 16, 2012

so basically you like it the way it is

Don't take my name too personally Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 31 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Jul 16, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

Day was just officially made, Thanks exXboxFan

Message 6 of 31 (318 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Way2gd4u956 wrote:

I don't want to speak for anybody, but If they made no improvements to the way that it is now, I would not be upset. To me the game is great, and they DO keep making small improvements to the game which make it better, like when they added the ability to add wheels to standard cars, of which I was totally stoked about. I'm not saying it couldn't be better, there is always room for improvement, but I'm perfectly happy the way it is. Online play with friends is where it's at. To me at least, I'm just saying Smiley Wink
 photo CIMG1810_zpse1fd5a4d.jpg
Message 7 of 31 (284 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I think they should create a way to build your engine with more detail. Like ignition timing change, injector pulse, injector size. Custom cam grinds, stroke, bore pistons headers size forced injection just to name a few. I think having it with more detail would mean that your car would be more of  " your own ". And maybe even motor swaps in the cars that you can interchange parts like ford and Chevy to name the main stream. Just a thought but I think it would make for more competitive racing and competitive match ups when it came to the Drag racing boys.... When ever they build a track made just for those special racers LOL.

Message 8 of 31 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jul 17, 2012

audioinstaller wrote:

Way2gd4u956 wrote:

I don't want to speak for anybody, but If they made no improvements to the way that it is now, I would not be upset. To me the game is great, and they DO keep making small improvements to the game which make it better, like when they added the ability to add wheels to standard cars, of which I was totally stoked about. I'm not saying it couldn't be better, there is always room for improvement, but I'm perfectly happy the way it is. Online play with friends is where it's at. To me at least, I'm just saying Smiley Wink

I feel exactly like you do, audioinstaller. While I would not mind a few improvements, I'm  satisfied with the game the way it is already. I do appreciate the little updates from time to time.

Any improvements I'dd really appreciate would relate to easier hosting duties, such as choosing specific car types/ groups, fixing the qualifying, and HP/Weight/PP simultaneously.

Some people have a glass that's half full

Some people have a glass that's half empty

Most, if not all people have a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be............Smiley WinkSmiley Very HappySmiley Wink

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 9 of 31 (265 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jul 17, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

Way2gd4u956 wrote:

A VERY  SMART ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

Maybe they should start with getting the real intelligence smart first?

Got to love the new EX... Hammered the point with number one, hit it out of the park with number two.

First and foremost, please to for understand Way2gd4 your caps lock that your concerns are now voiced for what has to be at least the 489th time... Unlike many other games, those here play the game to drive more so than "play with the game". I agree that I too would like to see some changes made, and I voice them regularly as you have. However, I tend to do so in a more constructive, deliberate and debate oriented manner as opposed to dropping a bomb in a thread.

You will find most people who frequent this part of the world respect a decent argument, are willing to debate darn near anything and don't mind having a little fun doing it.

You will also find a very low tolerance for "ghost posts". What are those...? Another term used to describe them is the proverbial "Dead Horse" phenomena. It's the recurrence and reappearance of similar posts time and time again. They're like Zombies. You have to shoot them in the head or they don't die.

Many of us have had enough and tend to just pull the trigger and be done with it, whether the post be zombie or not. Some use them to vent their pent up frustrations with anyone that shows an allergic reaction to using the SEARCH button. Some of us come in after and try to make peace and play nice, just to see how a person reacts.

If the person is willing to learn, is able to be a bit more civilized and provide something of substance, they find a willing and receptive audience that will engage them without issue.

If not, they tend to wander back into the mist from whence they came.

Just figured I'd take a minute to give you a little background on what seems to be a hostile welcome. It's not you, it's the other 488 people that posted the same thing before you that brings out the zombie post protection squad and the radical "just let the dead horses lie and leave them alone action committee." I'm sure you have been in a situation like this in your life, when you just wanted it to stop.

Some of us just want it to stop.

But in the end, we're realistic people who know that it won't ever stop. Just like the zombie apocalypse. They will keep coming and coming and coming. And they'll keep getting the same "warm welcome".

Consider this an olive branch. I apologize for those of us that are pained by the recurring postal nightmare that won't go away.

I'd ask you to stick around, learn a little and post again.

If I may make one suggestion, please consider the situation and exercise a little caps lock restraint, and post something of substance.

Something that can be debated admirably and with meaning.

No one wants to hear the child screaming to his mom at the checkout at the top of his lungs about the candy bar, and how bad he really wants it.

We are however very glad to share experiences, ideas and thoughts presented in a meaningful way that can be tossed around a little.

We all like a spirited discussion. We just don't like to be yelled at.

We don't have a tolerance for those that suddenly appear on the forums going "postal"...

We're people, just like you.

We like it when people treat us as such, just as I am sure you like it when people take you seriously and don't give you a hard time.

Hopefully this will help you in some way, or help future posters avoid the same welcoming responses.

Either way, happy racing, best of luck and Cheers...!

Photobucket
Message 10 of 31 (262 Views)