Dec 29 2012
By: the_teacher_1907 Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

PLATINUM! - Finally

8 replies 392 views Edited Dec 29, 2012

So after two years of playing; which I firmly intend to continue doing; I finally got Platinum for GT5.

Nurburgring Vettel took just under 3 weeks... Smiley LOL1 week with a DS3 and a week and a half with a DFGT. Suzuka took 4 days and Monza which I left for last took 30 minutes. In addition; I have completed ALL A-Spec and B-Spec events - 100% game completion. 

Only regret is that the DFGT isn't mine but got it on loan. I can certainly attest to the fact that it immerses you more into the game; especially with left-foot-braking. I love Gran Turismo 5; took a little while getting accustomed to the driving physics at first when I just got the game but i'm very happy with it now.

I'm very happy and just thought i'd share my joy with the communitySmiley Very Happy. Thank you.

Happy motoring and have a Happy and Prosperous 2013 when it comes for you all.Smiley Wink

God Bless.

Message 1 of 9 (392 Views)
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Re: PLATINUM! - Finally

Dec 29, 2012
Congrats!!!  Smiley Very Happy  It's something I'll likely never accomplish.

the_teacher_1907 wrote:

took a little while getting accustomed to the driving physics at first when I just got the game but i'm very happy with it now.

Intersting comment about the driving physics.  I've found that most other racing games are a dissapointment now compared to GT5!

Message 2 of 9 (385 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Tease3211 wrote:
Congrats!!!  Smiley Very Happy  It's something I'll likely never accomplish.

the_teacher_1907 wrote:

took a little while getting accustomed to the driving physics at first when I just got the game but i'm very happy with it now.

Intersting comment about the driving physics.  I've found that most other racing games are a dissapointment now compared to GT5!

I was playing GT4 when I got GT5; transition was mildy strange - took a couple of days. You're right though... I bought Shift 2 Unleashed and i'm very dissappointed with it. Also hate the physics in F1 2012. In my honest opinion; the first Need For Speed Shift was way better than Shift 2. 

I'm hoping for both GT3 and GT4 PS2 Classics or better yet; an HD Collection. I also have GT1 and GT2 which are PS3 compatible.

Message 3 of 9 (382 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Congratulations, Sir!!

That is an awesome accomplishment, and one few people have the talent and perseverance to complete!

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 4 of 9 (360 Views)
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Dec 29, 2012

CONGRATULALTIONS!!!

That's an awesome accomplishment, you should be feeling VERY proud of yourself, you deserve it, and thanks for sharing your good news and excitment.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 5 of 9 (352 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Grats Teach. I would think that GT5 has one of the most time consuming platinums out there so that is awesome you got it. The only thing keeping me away from platinum is laziness ( maybe a lack of skill too lol ) .

Message 6 of 9 (326 Views)
MVP Support
44894 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Congratulations, the_teacher_1907! Well done!

That still leaves new Seasonals and on-line to keep you busy with it, though.

Message 7 of 9 (316 Views)
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Dec 29, 2012

That is awesome!!!!  Now you can change your name to the_professor_1907 Smiley Wink 

Seriously though this is why I'm happy they didn't lessen the requirement to get platinum, anyone who knows anything about GT5 realizes what you just accomplished, truly amazing.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 9 (302 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1089 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Way to go Teach! I bet you you are totally stoked! As you should beSmiley Very Happy I too will eventually get there some day or never. Part laziness part other priorities too that tend to get in the way. Like my kids running on track to get my attention!! Plus , I have too many other hobbies that I take turns giving attention to. But I won't rule it out completely. Dude, great job!

" A defeat is good for the character if you take it the right way."

Who said it?
Message 9 of 9 (277 Views)