Jan 21 2013
By: MinionMax Lombax Warrior 122 posts

PD stop the Auto Pit Stops

4 replies 298 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

FIT it ! There is no need YOU telling  OUR B Spec driver pit EVERY time during weather changes. It is up to us to desire when to pit and change drivers. We can not make the AI pit every lap during weather changes, why do you tell ours to. This is not a glitch, this is just **bleep**ED PROGRAMMING, FIX IT.

Message 1 of 5 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Re: PD stop the Auto Pit Stops

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Whoa, calm down holms.  LOL

All you have to do is cancel the command and your driver won't pit.  The game is set to do it automatically for those people who want to leave the race going on its own unattended.

The only other solution is for there to be a setting option to change the AI before the race starts to,    Auto pit: ON or OFF.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 2 of 5 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jan 22, 2013

The Auto Stop is set at 20%, it works great when it is 0-15% and 80-100% of rain. It is from15- 80% , approximant %,  of rain when you have to cancel the pit stop every time it starts a new lap. If not it stops and does a driver change, tires and fuel. It wants to put on slicks or rain tires before it should. We act as Crew Chief  and desire when to pit and what tires to use, not the opponents. Run the last two Endurance's in B Spec and see, just set the Auto at 20% and tires you want next and let it  go. Waite for the change to or from rain and see what it does on its own, let it go then it will start the every lap pit cycle if you do not stop it. I had 13.5 Hours on the La Mans and went 17 laps down in 35 minutes from 2 lap up. And now in the 8th hour in 24 hour at Nurburgring, it went from 1 lap up to 2nd in 12 minutes. I had pitted and stayed on rain at 80% and driver #3, went to feed the cat and came back with car coming out of the pits on intermediates and driver #1. This is from start of lap 50 when I left to the start of 52 when I came back. Now with 60 laps and 9.5 hours and can not pause the race for the night not knowing if it will change again do I stop and not bother with the last two Endurance's?

Message 3 of 5 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I don't remember it being that way back when I was doing B-Spec events.  Of course that was a LONG time ago many many game patches ago.  Maybe they messed it up since then, IDK.

But, you are right.  In B-Spec we are supposed to be the crew chief calling the shots so no pits stops should be made unless we give the command to do so.  Or at least have the option like I said above to turn on or off auto pitting of the AI.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 4 of 5 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Its at a certain time, dependent on the tire wear (when it is very low) that the game will automatically make your car Pit. You will have to cancel the action.... and it will get down to the point where every lap the pit action has to be cancelled.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 5 (216 Views)
0 Likes