Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Re: PD out of touch?

Oct 15, 2012

Thing is, was it effective at stopping the multiple threads, or was it effective at chasing him off the entire forum? That's what we risk when we start to self-moderate others...

I'm of the 'all in' opinion. The more voices, the better. Better to understand the game, better to understand each other. It might be best to tread lightly with guys fairly new to the community. We never know who we might lose.

It's pretty obvious that the forum is being actively moderated. Our 'How to make 1.2 million' thread has been closed. So, perhaps leaving the decisions to our mods lets us simply get on with the topics themselves, and allow the mods to set the tone...?

Message 21 of 33 (234 Views)
MVP Support
44516 posts

Oct 15, 2012

If we moderate ourselves, by not wallowing in the mud, mod action would not be necessary in the first place. Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 33 (222 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Oct 16, 2012

To be out of touch you also have to be out of reach. This forum,as well as the forums on other GT dedicated sites means that PD is definately not out of touch. Our wants and expectations have reached them and have  beem adressed in a manner of a company that is still developing, still listening, and paying attention. Especially in light of a massive earthquake, should we not so easily forget. Out of touch with other  sims? Maybe? Dores it need to reflect the designs of other games / sims... No. It needs to stay true to it's roots and keep the feel of  " Hey man.. I'm gonna turn this thing into a race car! and win or lose i'm going to have a S*&% load of fun.

Message 23 of 33 (198 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 16, 2012

me asking someone to stop posting multiple threads is not self-moderating, because I do not have the ability to force them to stop.  on a forum, moderators don't ask, they act.

I ask people to change their behavior.  that's not moderation, so top saying that, "please" (also not moderation)

lol

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 24 of 33 (177 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Perhaps reread some of your 'moderator' comments, ex... That's not you ASKING people to stop doing things. That's you TELLING them.

You often bring up my 'tone' as something to driticize. Perhaps you might consider yourself not entirely blameless in the same department..?

Message 25 of 33 (165 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4564 posts

Oct 16, 2012

I thought your plan was to leave this stuff to the moderators and stick to the topics.  

Message 26 of 33 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Would be happy to. Seems the issue is far from settled, though.

Message 27 of 33 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4564 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Then let the moderators settle it as per the plan.   Just don't reply, isn't that the lesson?

But by "settled", do you mean when you get the last word?

Wasn't the idea to be above it all?  To include all voices, let them say what they want?

Message 28 of 33 (150 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 16, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

me asking someone to stop posting multiple threads is not self-moderating, because I do not have the ability to force them to stop.  on a forum, moderators don't ask, they act.

I ask people to change their behavior.  that's not moderation, so top saying that, "please" (also not moderation)

lol

Sorry, but this doesn't sound like someone that is ready to give up 'asking' people to change their posting habits. Don't want the last word. But would like it if moderation WAS left to the moderators!

Message 29 of 33 (146 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 16, 2012

any one or group in this community has the right to tell others what they don't like at any given moment, within reason.

that's part of the community.

that's part of the participation.

asking you to stop something that is annoying and harmful to the rest of the discussion is not TELLING you ANYTHING.

even if I don't include a please, doesn't mean it's TELLING you ANYTHING.  it's still an ask.  as usual, you intend to interpret things however you wish so that arguments don't ever die.

I'll remind you again.  NO ONE here has tried HARDER than me to get along with YOU. and you are determined to make ME your ENEMY.

Get a frickin' clue.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 30 of 33 (144 Views)