Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: PD out of touch?

Oct 12, 2012

that still doesn't explain your need to create two identical thread topics.  you seem to be on a mission to make sure that there are topics specifically calling out PD in the titles on the front page at all times.

the motivation is pretty apparent, IMO.

destin_keyes, I think I may need to pre-emptively point out to you that my complaining about this guy's posting etiquette is in no way dismissive of WHAT he's saying, but rather HOW he's going about it.  if I see a post worth actually responding to the points therein, assuming I can actually read the thoughts and understand them, I will comment as needed.  BUT this is about this guy's posting habbits.  Capiche?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 11 of 33 (276 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44354 posts

Oct 12, 2012

You can cry all you want for things that you haven't got yet, but it is a bit disingenuous to say PD hasn't listened, despite the evidence betore you, when, in fact, they have listened and reacted to our wishes and continue to do so.

Message 12 of 33 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 12, 2012

MGT, trust me it's just an attempt to put negative topics on the front page and keep them here.  Arguing with them is only helping to accomplish exactly what they're trying to do.

it is no coincidence that three or four people with similar opinions suddenly appear and start posting on the same day.  no coincidence at all.  it is also not coincidence that they all start multiple threads each, on the same topic.

I've called out their behavior and will respond no more.  That's the only way to let bad ideas die.

Message 13 of 33 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

You can cry all you want for things that you haven't got yet, but it is a bit disingenuous to say PD hasn't listened, despite the evidence betore you, when, in fact, they have listened and reacted to our wishes and continue to do so.

i could not agree more and ill admit then im an arse so ill give them credit, but mastergt you know to well that some of these issues we are still asking to get fixed were out even when gt5 prologue was out even after it ended nothing was done and you had people like me asking for it. its not like its a new complaint if that were the case i would have not even posted nothing cause i know theres always new complaints but when its one thats been going on for almost 4-6 years now that becomes an issue.

Message 14 of 33 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I hope Forza starts releasing games every two years, spaces them out a bit.  It seems to spur a yearly purge of fanboys flooding every other racing game forum with hate posts.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 33 (264 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44354 posts

Oct 12, 2012

ELITE_CMDR_666 wrote:

MastrGT wrote:

i could not agree more and ill admit then im an arse so ill give them credit, but mastergt you know to well that some of these issues we are still asking to get fixed were out even when gt5 prologue was out even after it ended nothing was done and you had people like me asking for it. its not like its a new complaint if that were the case i would have not even posted nothing cause i know theres always new complaints but when its one thats been going on for almost 4-6 years now that becomes an issue.

So, what have you learned from this? I've learned a lot.

Message 16 of 33 (257 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 13, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

Mr. Destin Keys, I think you sir, need to go back and read and then quote where actually said any of the things you're accusing me of saying.

This dude and others are spamming.  That is a fact.  We do not need multiple threads about the same topic, no matter how much merit it has.  Especially not multiples started on the same frickin day by the same person.

I owe you a huge apology. It was Lord Beelzebub that made the 'the game is fine as is' comment. Thread confusion! I will try to do a MUCH better job of remembering who said what in future. Sorry.

And I am not in disagreement with the spamming issue. Only simply, it should be up to the mods to comment about it. There's an awful lot of self-appointed moderation commentary here, by various people (the same few, usually, though), and it gets a bit confrontational. If the issue is so bad that the mods deal with it, fine. And if they don't, who are WE to criticize (by taking their place) their moderation?

Bottom line is, if you feel it a duplicate thread, maybe just say your piece (about the actual issue) on one thread and leave it at that. Chasing the poor guy all over the forum seems a bit petty.

Message 17 of 33 (218 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 13, 2012

To get back on topic, although GT5 has been massively updated, it is possible to argue that much of it has been fixes to tiny, almost unnoticed things, and adjustments to things that no-one asked for in the first place. I mean.... ghosted races? LOL

It is PD's prioritization that leaves so many of us critics puzzled. Here is a primary request, unfulfilled after YEARS of asking for it, with a pretty simple fix (lined up starting lines and limit of 4 cars on SSX and a quarter mile finish line), but what do PD put in their latest update? All cars ghosted?

What is so hard about a standing start on the start line at TGTT?

Most GT5 forums have a request list for new features. Some of them even keep score, so it is possible to tell what are the main ones, and what ones are minor. The problem seems to be, most of the main requests get ignored, while some pretty minor ones get all the attention. When your customers take the trouble to do your market research for you, and present it in an easily understood format, shouldn't that be your guide to prioritization for updates?

Of course, some things are going to be easier than others, but some utterly mind-numbingly easy things to implement get ignored, while more complicated things that virtually no-one requested get all the coding time.

For me personally, doubling or tripling the number of cars in the Arcade selection (and by extension, the online spec choices) would massively improve that section of the game. Currently, you get 60 cars. Period. And maybe only 35 or so in a medium PP range, where most drivers can handle them on stock or lower tires. That's pretty restrictive, considering that spec racing (with no tuning or upgrades of any kind) is one of the purest, most even aspects of racing in the game.

Honestly, how many minutes of coding would it take to implement that? OK, maybe there's a philosophical reason that ALL cars aren't unlocked for Arcade and spec, but 60 out of 1000+? That seems unnecessarily miserly.

It is this ignoring of simple things with a HUGE impact on gameplay in favor of things that often have little impact that puzzles us.

Message 18 of 33 (211 Views)
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2012

The short answer is in the name "Gran Turismo", French for "grand tourer", as Mr.. Keys has stated previously, "there are multiple genres of the racing world that are not represented in the game", this is one of them. Regardless of how we want to play, or what we want to see, PD is the owner, operator, purchaser, moderator, proprietor, you name it, they are it.  I'm not easily convinced that their decision to omit certain aspects of racing is a marketing flaw, but rather a personal choice made by the development team.

I am certain that most of these discussions that we see here time and time again were had by PD years ago, they sat around a table and figured it was easier to leave out the drag strip then to defend the lack of rails, or wheelie bar options. I mean honestly where would it end? I think most of the truly frustrated responses come from those of us with 9 year olds in the house, not to say that anyone is acting that way, but it can be taxing to explain that a good thing is sometimes just that, a good thing, not a great thing, and you have to be content with that or happiness will elude you. And no the squeaky wheel does not always get the grease, sometimes you run it till it fails, then you replace it. Have you seen labor rates these days.Smiley Wink

Photobucket
Message 19 of 33 (185 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 15, 2012

Destinkeys wrote:

exXboxFan wrote:

Mr. Destin Keys, I think you sir, need to go back and read and then quote where actually said any of the things you're accusing me of saying.

This dude and others are spamming.  That is a fact.  We do not need multiple threads about the same topic, no matter how much merit it has.  Especially not multiples started on the same frickin day by the same person.

I owe you a huge apology. It was Lord Beelzebub that made the 'the game is fine as is' comment. Thread confusion! I will try to do a MUCH better job of remembering who said what in future. Sorry.

And I am not in disagreement with the spamming issue. Only simply, it should be up to the mods to comment about it. There's an awful lot of self-appointed moderation commentary here, by various people (the same few, usually, though), and it gets a bit confrontational. If the issue is so bad that the mods deal with it, fine. And if they don't, who are WE to criticize (by taking their place) their moderation?

Bottom line is, if you feel it a duplicate thread, maybe just say your piece (about the actual issue) on one thread and leave it at that. Chasing the poor guy all over the forum seems a bit petty.

thanks for the apology...

on your bottom line, perhaps you're correct, but it was effective Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 33 (173 Views)
0 Likes