Oct 25 2012
By: Destinkeys Uncharted Territory 1712 posts

PD have fixed the servers? Really?

9 replies 338 views Edited Oct 25, 2012

Personally, I think that PD may have been a bit premature with their announcement. Black screens are way up, random room kicking is way up, log in times to rooms is way up. Haven't seen it this bad in a long time. Rooms get disconnected, then sometimes in main Lobby, no servers to be found!

Before anyone starts jumping in and telling me to troubleshoot my connection, please remember, this all was on a bomb-proof system BEFORE the online update. Same for just about everyone else. This isn't happening to people that didn't used to have a stable GT5 connection. It is happening to people that GT5 used to be fine on. Pretty obvious where the blame lies.

Perhaps PD need to take down that notice on the start screen! Salt in the wound...

Message 1 of 10 (338 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Re: PD have fixed the servers? Really?

Oct 25, 2012

BTW, already did the PS3 update. Nothing different.

Message 2 of 10 (337 Views)
MVP Support
45098 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Complaints here, so far, are way down.

Message 3 of 10 (329 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Oct 25, 2012

LOL

Destinkeys, I really don't think GT5 is for you.  I don't think I've seen one thread or one reply in a thread were you have had one positive thing to say about this game.  Everything is a catastrophe, doesn't work, isn't good enough.  Do you realize how much you complain about this game?

I'm just laughing at this point that you seem to be the only one having so many horrible issues with this game.  I can't help but wonder why you keep subjecting yourself to such a 'poorly' designed game.  It's not realistic enough and the servers don't run well.  If I had as many issues with this game as you seem to have, I would have taken it to a local Gamestop and sold it by now.  LOL

You have become entertainment to say the least.

Good luck with your server issues.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 4 of 10 (312 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Oct 26, 2012
PD may well have fixed issues they found with their own internal servers which would make their announcement perfectly valid.

What PD cannont fix is connection problems possibly caused by the PSN itself or other people's ISPs. Having someone in the room with a bad connection can cause everyone problems, even when they're not the host.
Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 5 of 10 (293 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Oct 26, 2012

No problems here on the west coast.  All is well!

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 6 of 10 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Most rooms I was in today had issues of one kind or another.

Message 7 of 10 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

LOL

Destinkeys, I really don't think GT5 is for you.  I don't think I've seen one thread or one reply in a thread were you have had one positive thing to say about this game.  Everything is a catastrophe, doesn't work, isn't good enough.  Do you realize how much you complain about this game?

I'm just laughing at this point that you seem to be the only one having so many horrible issues with this game.  I can't help but wonder why you keep subjecting yourself to such a 'poorly' designed game.  It's not realistic enough and the servers don't run well.  If I had as many issues with this game as you seem to have, I would have taken it to a local Gamestop and sold it by now.  LOL

You have become entertainment to say the least.

Good luck with your server issues.

Denial. It's not just an Egyptian river, eh? LOL

Message 8 of 10 (274 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I was racing with friends in a private lounge tonight for a few hours and didn't have any problems beyond the norm.

By "norm" I mean like one driver who has any internet connection that can be spotty at times and another that connects from halfway around the world, so sometimes there are the odd bouts of "expected lag" and occasional discos but those are not things PD can fix.
Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 9 of 10 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 26, 2012

was in those same races, and he's right that nothing PD could fix was happening.  one typically laggy conection from one driver mostly and that was it.  he knows he has a bad connection, though, and when he had problems, didn't blame SONY or PD but his ISP.

what was that thing someone said about d'nile?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 10 of 10 (221 Views)
0 Likes