Treasure Hunter
5069 posts

Re: PD, I'll give you another $3 when.....

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:
... this place is out of control.

This alone deserves a Kudo.

First, I want to clarify that what I'm about to say is NOT towards any one person.

I don't really know what's happened to this place lately.

At first I thought it was just a bunch of newcomers flaming, spamming, fighting, etc, etc. You name it, it's going on right now. It all needs to stop people. Are we adults here, or not? Granted, I know there are younger people here too, but there are quite a few of us who are old enough to know better than to act like this. I think newcomers are coming in, seeing all this immature, kindergarten recess nonsense, & figuring "Hmmm, I guess this is how it is here." So, they either join right in with the same ridiculous behavior, or (the more mature ones) say, "Wow, this isn't anything I want to be a part of." and then quickly move on to "better" places. But in all actuality, IMO this IS the BEST place to talk all things GT. at least it used to be. (sorry for all the caps) All we have to do is act our age people, "newcomers" AND "vets" alike.

Message 11 of 19 (362 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

i was not tring to belittle your need to get support, but was just trying to give you some perspective on how much you should care, or not care about receiving this little gimmicky car.

it doesn't net you anything in life.  what's more? it doesn't even net you anything in "GT life" because you'll never use it, show it off, or anything.  And if you do, no one will be impressed because everyone has it.

Do you know how much people moaned about the fact that PD eventually gave out pre-order cars to apologize for some other issues experienced by users?  They moaned about how their car was supp;osed to be exclusive, and that it wasn't fair that others were now receiving it.  Same type of complaint.  No one drives those cars and when they do, no one is going to say "Whoooaaaa, you shop at gamestop!?!?!?  WOWWWWWW"

Just like no one is going to say, "Whoooooaaaa, you werei n GT Academy 2012?"  because they were also.

Sorry if you find this rude, but stating ultimatums because you didn't get some crappy gift, which is all it is, just seems petty.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 12 of 19 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 3, 2012

ahem, LB, where was the negativity in my post?  Saying it was ridiculous to make demands about not receiving a sticker?

that is not negativity, but fact.  it is ridiculous.  make demands about things that matter and will actually change your life if the demand is met.

having that sticker, having that car sitting in your garage collecting dust and never being used, should NOT reflect someone's affinity for purchacing DLC cars at a later day when those DLC cars are actually very likely to be driven and used in the racing that GT has to offer.

He was crying about spilt milk and someone needed to give the perspective that it is what he was doing.

If he purchased DLC and did not receive it, then that would be a SERIOUS problem, and it wouldn't be "spilt milk".  Get it?

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 13 of 19 (327 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Hi folks, thanks for the replies.

I do agree that this forum started to degrade a while ago towards cyber bullying. I stopped visiting here more than 8 or 10 months ago. I wasn't gaining anything but aggravation trying to participate in discussions.

exXboxFan: when you start a post with "Ridiculous..." you set a not-so-friendly tone for the reader. Just think about it. And I love drinking milk and cookies with my kids, I'd never waste it washing a car! ;-)

When the guy from Sony's support told me to come here I laughed. I wrote back it would render no result. Then the second guy told me the same. Well, my point was proven.

Yes, the title was to catch attention, obviously. I have no idea if we are 10, 100, 1000 or 1 million people affected by the problem of game crashing and losing those gift cars. With any other gift, if you go back to the previous save, the gift is awarded again. But not with these gifts awarded by PD. It might be just a handful of people, and if so, than a single customer service agent can fix the issue and please these users in less than one hour's work at PD. But where can we register our complaint for them to assess how many we are? I was hoping this post would gather others with the same problem. But again, it'd cover just USA users. I'm sure there are people all over the world with this same issue that would be pleased if PD did the right thing.

Yes, now I know I shall save the game every time I accept a gift because the software is not perfect, or even due to a power failure at home. But unfortunately I only read it once I researched the issue on Google....after the fact. I'm not a frequent forum participant.

Anyway, no big issue. At the end of the day, it's just a game. Still the best driving simulator I've ever used.

Cheers,

My Garage:

Message 14 of 19 (305 Views)
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Thank you batera for keeping a cool head and promoting a civil discussion, kudos. I've been lurking, posting, helping, ...whatever I could do to promote friendly correspondence about gt5 here for a long time but have recently stepped back as I'm tired of the fight. 

The ebbs and flows of common courtesy are in direct correlation to the attitudes of the most vocal members, they in no way reflect the overall determination of the core members to ensure that questions are answered and "the game goes on'". You would find, given time that many people here are friendly and responsive, but also very in tune with the tides. At this moment in time I would say it reeks of discontent, the smell has driven many of us into a more palatable place but we are still here waiting for a good rain. I'm sorry for your loss, but am happy you have found peace with it. We need more calm and discerning input so I hope you stick around.

Photobucket
Message 15 of 19 (276 Views)
MVP Support
44896 posts

Oct 4, 2012

batera99 wrote:

When the guy from Sony's support told me to come here I laughed. I wrote back it would render no result. Then the second guy told me the same. Well, my point was proven.

I have mentioned this problem to SONY a few times, but it still happens because their CS people just don't have all of the correct information and it is their easy way out. We just have to recognize it for what it is and deal with it.

I also have asked many times about having a way to recover from this loss of Academy cars situation, but each time I mentioned it, I was ignored, which is why I wrote what I did in the first reply.

Message 16 of 19 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2967 posts

Oct 4, 2012

jaejsteele wrote:

Thank you batera for keeping a cool head and promoting a civil discussion, kudos. I've been lurking, posting, helping, ...whatever I could do to promote friendly correspondence about gt5 here for a long time but have recently stepped back as I'm tired of the fight. 

The ebbs and flows of common courtesy are in direct correlation to the attitudes of the most vocal members, they in no way reflect the overall determination of the core members to ensure that questions are answered and "the game goes on'". You would find, given time that many people here are friendly and responsive, but also very in tune with the tides. At this moment in time I would say it reeks of discontent, the smell has driven many of us into a more palatable place but we are still here waiting for a good rain. I'm sorry for your loss, but am happy you have found peace with it. We need more calm and discerning input so I hope you stick around.

discount tent

Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19 (244 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Oct 4, 2012
Thanks for trying MastrGT. I don't know how or where PD gets their feedback from. For example, how many people worldwide use GT5 in 3D, or multiple monitors or tracking head movement? Do they know how many? Now they are advertising the 4 x HD version of the game. They must spend a lot of man-hours on the development of these features for the benefit of how many? Just wondering. Cheers.
My Garage:

Message 18 of 19 (222 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44896 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Bbelieve it or not, PD listens to us, one way or another. They may not always respond as we wish them to, but tbat's their job, to sort it all out.

But if you have concerns with GT, this is definitly the place to be.

Message 19 of 19 (214 Views)