Highlighted
Oct 01 2012
By: batera99 Lombax Warrior 132 posts

PD, I'll give you another $3 when.....

18 replies 476 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

Long time not posting here. Hope everyone is doing well.

I contacted Sony explaining my request and asking for PD's customer service e-mail address. Instead, they told me to post here as the moderators could patch my message to them? Never heard of it, but here it goes.

As it happened with several other people, GT5 crashed right after I accepted one of PD's GT Academy 2012 gift cars. It was the first time it crashed ever since I've got the game on Dec.'10. I lost the Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy) '08 awarded for completing Round 8. So far, I haven't found any suggestions to recover it. I was hoping this last software upgrade would do something about it, but it didn't.

I have every car available in the game just for the sake of collecting (besides the chrome and stealth which were released before I was aware GT5 existed!). I purchased every DLC so far, even more than once to have more paint. Not having the Nissan 370Z Tune Car (GT Academy) '08 broke the collection of cars I can have. So, why bother purchasing DLC for 3 more new cars I don't exactly need, if my collection will be incomplete anyway?

If those GT Academy 2012 gift cars become "tradeable", this problem would go away as we could easily get them from friends.

If those GT Academy 2012 gift cars were "purchase-able", this problem would also go away as we could easily buy them at the  Dealership.

So, while they are not into either of these categories, I offer a trade with PD. Have someone from your staff send me (ID: batera99) another copy of the car I earned and your game crahsed and lost. I'll promise to buy the last 3 x DLC cars right away.

Cheers,

My Garage:

Message 1 of 19 (476 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45091 posts

Re: PD, I'll give you another $3 when.....

Oct 2, 2012

We know of no plans to allow players who missed getting any Academy DLC to recover from errors.

That doesn't mean that something can't be done in the future, but as of now, you will just have to play without it.

Message 2 of 19 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Oct 2, 2012

That's exactly what I've been doing...playing without it. At the end of the day, it's just another car in the garage to complete the collection they expect us to build. But I'll be boycotting any future DLC until it's fixed. Maybe  this trend can catch on and those 10, 100, or 1000 people affected by the same error can get attention from them.

Cheers,

My Garage:

Message 3 of 19 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Oct 2, 2012

this is ridiculous. . you're upset about not receiving a car with a sticker on it.

you can't see the sticker anyways.  and no one will actually do an organized evern with just these cars, so why are you so concerned with receiving them?

you don't go onto a track and say "hey look at what I have and you don't.  I was in Academy and you weren't" because most players at least earned gold on most or all of the academy rounds.

spilt milk, nothing more.  but I hear washing your car with milk makes it go faster, just like stickers on the side do.  so maybe you're onto something lol

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 4 of 19 (406 Views)
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Dear exXboxFan. People like you are the reason I don't come to these forums very often.

The only reason I posted here is because two representatives from Sony stated it was the best way to get PD's attention. I buy software from multiple vendors, some large, some small companies. Each and everyone one of them offers a contact e-mail for feedback and/or support. PD does not offer any form of communication for its buyers.

exXboxFan: this is ridiculous. . you're upset about not receiving a car with a sticker on it.

>>Not exactly a sticker. (1) I'm a collector of cars on GT5. You'll find forums here that have other type of collectors like those looking for tickets, paint, gear, helmets, those looking for multiple copies of Standard cars in different colors, or cars with 0km. People go through great lenghts and hours spent looking for and trading those. (2) The GT Acacemy 2012 cars have different settings than those you can buy at the Dealership. Do some research on google and you'll find more about it.

exXboxFan: you can't see the sticker anyways.  and no one will actually do an organized evern with just these cars, so why are you so concerned with receiving them?

>>I am a collector as I stated on my post. I don't follow organized events.

exXboxFan: you don't go onto a track and say "hey look at what I have and you don't.  I was in Academy and you weren't" because most players at least earned gold on most or all of the academy rounds.

>>You won't find me much on 'tracks' or organized events. As I stated already, due to PD's software glitch, one car I was awarded was lost and the way PD set it up, they are the only ones who can correct the issue at this time. If you're not a collector, most likely you won't understand why people pay so much money for a painting, or an old car, or memorabilia from a dead artist....or in the case of GT5, spend hours seeking, sending and receiving gear, helmets, horns, etc. from other like-minded users. You're clearly not a collector otherwise you would not have wasted our time posting on the topic I started.

exXbosFan: spilt milk, nothing more.  but I hear washing your car with milk makes it go faster, just like stickers on the side do.  so maybe you're onto something lol

>>I guess the lol at the end of your sentence meant it was supposed to be funny? Good for you.

Take care,

My Garage:

Message 5 of 19 (374 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

batera99 wrote:

Dear exXboxFan. People like you are the reason I don't come to these forums very often.

The only reason I posted here is because two representatives from Sony stated it was the best way to get PD's attention. I buy software from multiple vendors, some large, some small companies. Each and everyone one of them offers a contact e-mail for feedback and/or support. PD does not offer any form of communication for its buyers.

exXboxFan: this is ridiculous. . you're upset about not receiving a car with a sticker on it.

>>Not exactly a sticker. (1) I'm a collector of cars on GT5. You'll find forums here that have other type of collectors like those looking for tickets, paint, gear, helmets, those looking for multiple copies of Standard cars in different colors, or cars with 0km. People go through great lenghts and hours spent looking for and trading those. (2) The GT Acacemy 2012 cars have different settings than those you can buy at the Dealership. Do some research on google and you'll find more about it.

exXboxFan: you can't see the sticker anyways.  and no one will actually do an organized evern with just these cars, so why are you so concerned with receiving them?

>>I am a collector as I stated on my post. I don't follow organized events.

exXboxFan: you don't go onto a track and say "hey look at what I have and you don't.  I was in Academy and you weren't" because most players at least earned gold on most or all of the academy rounds.

>>You won't find me much on 'tracks' or organized events. As I stated already, due to PD's software glitch, one car I was awarded was lost and the way PD set it up, they are the only ones who can correct the issue at this time. If you're not a collector, most likely you won't understand why people pay so much money for a painting, or an old car, or memorabilia from a dead artist....or in the case of GT5, spend hours seeking, sending and receiving gear, helmets, horns, etc. from other like-minded users. You're clearly not a collector otherwise you would not have wasted our time posting on the topic I started.

exXbosFan: spilt milk, nothing more.  but I hear washing your car with milk makes it go faster, just like stickers on the side do.  so maybe you're onto something lol

>>I guess the lol at the end of your sentence meant it was supposed to be funny? Good for you.

Take care,

Everybody is a computer technichian these days? It seems everyone if you believe the internet, is either a computer technichian, ultimate fightert, or a Navy SEAL. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a comedian!Smiley Tongue

Start learning Japanese, then maybe you'll get a quicker response. 

Message 6 of 19 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Oct 2, 2012

"Start learning Japanese, then maybe you'll get a quicker response. "

Trust me, language is not an issue at all. I can get my message across in any language. I just need an e-mail address for customer service at PD.

My Garage:

Message 7 of 19 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Oct 2, 2012

I wouldn't bother with these forums batera99, you're not going to get any help from anybody out here, just made fun of and belittled.

Good luck trying to get the cars you want.  If it's important to you to collect those cars, that's all that matters, and don't let anyone tell you that just because they think is dumb, not worth the effort, not a big deal, that you should also think the same say.  That's pathetic.  You play the game in how it's fun for you, that's your right, and no one should belittle you for it and suggest it's dumb and no big deal.  I don't know how you can get those cars at this point, but I wish you luck non the less.  Maybe you do need to learn some Japanese, maybe then your concerns will be greated with more respect and sympathy.

Please DO tell all your friends and those you meet about your experience out here.  Let them know that while the game is fun, the community that supports it is vile and attacks anyone who goes against the grain.  Good luck bater99!!

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 8 of 19 (346 Views)
VP of Gaming
29406 posts

Oct 2, 2012

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

I wouldn't bother with these forums batera99, you're not going to get any help from anybody out here, just made fun of and belittled.

Good luck trying to get the cars you want.  If it's important to you to collect those cars, that's all that matters, and don't let anyone tell you that just because they think is dumb, not worth the effort, not a big deal, that you should also think the same say.  That's pathetic.  You play the game in how it's fun for you, that's your right, and no one should belittle you for it and suggest it's dumb and no big deal.  I don't know how you can get those cars at this point, but I wish you luck non the less.  Maybe you do need to learn some Japanese, maybe then your concerns will be greated with more respect and sympathy.

Please DO tell all your friends and those you meet about your experience out here.  Let them know that while the game is fun, the community that supports it is vile and attacks anyone who goes against the grain.  Good luck bater99!!

Hey, in all fairness I never said it was "dumb". Not for nothing, he comes here and gives what is essentially an utlimatum over saying he'll give them "another $3 when"... Really? And does he really think that Polyphony Digital has someone combing these forums ready to enact a trade with all of the 8 MILLION people who've bought this game? If they do it for him, they're going to have to do it for everyone. 

Not for nothing, but this is why you make a back up of your game data and your save data. I lost a lot of data too when my machine crashed. Yeah I had a six month old save, but those are the breaks. I'm not about to demand anything. 

Message 9 of 19 (342 Views)
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

Hey, in all fairness I never said it was "dumb". Not for nothing, he comes here and gives what is essentially an utlimatum over saying he'll give them "another $3 when"... Really? And does he really think that Polyphony Digital has someone combing these forums ready to enact a trade with all of the 8 MILLION people who've bought this game? If they do it for him, they're going to have to do it for everyone. 

Not for nothing, but this is why you make a back up of your game data and your save data. I lost a lot of data too when my machine crashed. Yeah I had a six month old save, but those are the breaks. I'm not about to demand anything. 

No you didn't say it was dumb yourself, but you kudoed the person that did, so you support his opinions, then you tacked on "Maybe you should learn Japanese...."   THEN you want back and edited your reply to add more.  My reply was geared more torwards XboxFan's reply than yours anyway.  It's obvious he thinks no one should care about the GT Academy cars, there just 'stickers' on cars, and his reply sounds as if no one else should care either.  ...and then the whole insult of washing your car with milk, was that necessary?

Dude just wants to collect some cars, that is what is fun for him.  I'm sure he titled his thread the way he did just to bring attention to it so people would read and didn't really mean it as a ultimatium.  I could be wrong, but we take things to serious and personal out here.

I have to say Captain, you being a forum MVP it suprised me you kudoed such a negative reply like XboxFan's.  Don't take my reply personally but this place is out of control.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 10 of 19 (331 Views)