Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Re: Online players hitting to win...

Sep 30, 2009
I hate it when people do that too.  I mean, if someone is out there to win, they will smash into you around corners because it is technically the best and easiest way to overtake someone in this game.  I don't think there's any real way to deal with it, because if everyone passed through eachother then there would no longer be any blocking tactics to stop opponents from overtaking you.  I still think there should be a game mode where cars can pass through eachother though, because that's the fairest way to race and it would basically be a time trial sort of thing but multiplayer.
Message 11 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Sep 30, 2009

AUTOSHOCK wrote:
I hate it when people do that too.  I mean, if someone is out there to win, they will smash into you around corners because it is technically the best and easiest way to overtake someone in this game.  I don't think there's any real way to deal with it, because if everyone passed through eachother then there would no longer be any blocking tactics to stop opponents from overtaking you.  I still think there should be a game mode where cars can pass through eachother though, because that's the fairest way to race and it would basically be a time trial sort of thing but multiplayer.

There most certainly is a way to deal with it: just read and follow the above posts from Neptune and myself.  I personally guarantee that it will make a HUGE difference.

http://www.tunerspit.com
Message 12 of 21 (3 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Sep 30, 2009
90% of the time bashers dont know how to go fast WITHOUT bashing. when i find myself near a basher, i'll just stay behind them until they bash themselves into the wall. what the point of winning if you have to wreck your competitors to do it?
Too tired to sleep
Message 13 of 21 (3 Views)
Gaming Beast
2166 posts

Sep 30, 2009

It's been a while scince I have seen a basher,(they never get close enough)

Run the pro events as 95% of the drivers there are "Pro's" and alot of them got this way racing with the TPRA. When you run the practice times, you will be with the biggest group of clean drivers that I have met. We are also very helpfull with getting you up to speed.(If needed) I try to post as many tunes as I can to help out the masses. There is a regular group that runs the practice times, many that run TPRA events and some that don't but know were to find good clean racing. See you there.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44383 posts

Sep 30, 2009
On-line is the land of opportunity, opportunity to learn.

You can stay in the Beginner and Intermediate events and work on your avoidance tactics, if you wish, but you can learn more by playing in the Expert events, where there is no catch-up effect, longer races and cleaner drivers. The enjoyment factor will also be much higher and you will stick with the racing longer because of that.

Focus on how to get what you need and you're bound to find it. Without passworded rooms, it may not be easy getting it every day you race, but it is there waiting for you.

Cheers,
Message 15 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2160 posts

Sep 30, 2009
Expert is really the only way to go, though ive seen those get ugly to.
Message 16 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 30, 2009
I just whitnessed last night that I entered an entire race full of them, they all were playing "tag" more of a who gets the last hit race, everyone faught over hitting eachother while I went around the track properly staying clear of them screwing around.  I won by about 20 seconds as they just faught and smashed eachother around the track behind me.
Message 17 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44383 posts

Sep 30, 2009
Message 18 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 30, 2009
Fugi 2005 750pp
Message 19 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Sep 30, 2009

AssassinatorPie wrote:
I just whitnessed last night that I entered an entire race full of them, they all were playing "tag" more of a who gets the last hit race, everyone faught over hitting eachother while I went around the track properly staying clear of them screwing around.  I won by about 20 seconds as they just faught and smashed eachother around the track behind me.

Meanwhile, we were at Suzuka East 550 FWD getting in some door-to-door, nose-to-tail non-stop action.  Think I only saw one basher all night (and he didn't last long Smiley Wink).  Think I only saw a few races won by over a second.  Much more fun than "time trialing" out front by yourself, IMO.  There were a couple super-fast guys, some fast guys, and some average guys.  Tons of fun.  If you don't check it out, you're missing out.  Smiley Happy  Thanks, guys, for all the great racing!
http://www.tunerspit.com
Message 20 of 21 (3 Views)
0 Likes