17 replies 493 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

THE ONLY DIFFERNCE BETWEEN THESE CARS IS THE NAME/PRICE

6507730359_c5a2964d8a_z 8004349111_3e1f251e1b_o

I HOPE THEY HANDLE DIFFERENTLY!

Message 1 of 18 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: ONE OF THESE CARS AIN'T LIKE THE OTHER!

Sep 21, 2012

the subaru has a different suspension, so it should handle a little differently.

all will be similar, though.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 2 of 18 (489 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
392 posts

Sep 21, 2012

The front facia is also different between the two cars.

DIsclaimer: My opinions are just that, MY opinions. They in no way shape or form express the opinions of anyone else unless they happen to agree with me.

Actual quote from a driver: "I never brake check anyone, but if I see you right behind me, I'm going to brake as hard as I can"
Message 3 of 18 (475 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 21, 2012

and the subaru is blue!  lol

Message 4 of 18 (471 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4916 posts

Sep 21, 2012

and closer  Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 18 (469 Views)
Gaming Beast
2087 posts

Sep 21, 2012
Plus the interior views are different. I wonder which manufacturer will have the best handling from the showroom floor??
 photo 3da2a2f2-f5ac-48ee-92a6-ef916fe7b8b4.jpg
Message 6 of 18 (466 Views)
VP of Gaming
29407 posts

Sep 21, 2012

redrumblefish wrote:

Nothing new, auto makers have been doing this for years. The SAAB 9-2 X wagon was essentially a Subaru WRX Wagon. Many GM and Ford models are exactly the same, just rebadged.

Message 7 of 18 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Sep 22, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

redrumblefish wrote:

Nothing new, auto makers have been doing this for years. The SAAB 9-2 X wagon was essentially a Subaru WRX Wagon. Many GM and Ford models are exactly the same, just rebadged.

This is true  GMC and Chevy vehicles are virtually designed the same just with different model names.  Subtle differences, just like the two cars posted here.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 8 of 18 (407 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1178 posts

Sep 22, 2012
There is one minor difference remaining, but it will only be picked out by the true enthusiasts. Behind the wheel, both the FR-S and BRZ feel lively, supplying just the right mix of balanced handling and rev-happy power. But the FR-S will demonstrate a slightly (but noticeably to those with a nose for it) greater willingness to rotate--that is, to move around its central axis. The Subaru BRZ, on the other hand, demonstrates a very slight bias toward understeer at the limits. This fundamental difference is due to Scion's revised rear spring and bushing choices. While it may sway the true sports car fan one way or another, most people won't--and shouldn't--notice the difference. Other than that its merely standar featured and facias.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 18 (377 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

redrumblefish wrote:

This is true  GMC and Chevy vehicles are virtually designed the same just with different model names.  Subtle differences, just like the two cars posted here.

True, but this is to my knowledge the first time that Subaru has collaborated in such an intimate way with another Japanese auto-maker.

This IS something new.  GM and Ford are separate companies, and do not share chasis, drivetrains engines, or bodies, or anything else for that matter.  But they DO produce multiple versions of the same model (each).  Ford will have a Contour and Mercury will have a Mistique (coined the "Mistake" by those who have had to send it in for countless recalls, but that's another story).  GM will have a Chevy, GMC, Buick, and Pontiac version of some cars.  Others have a Cadillac version in place of one or the other previous ones.

While Scion is merely a restyled Toyota, just like Lexus is, Subaru is its own separate company.  So seeing them collaborate is a milestone.  Especially to have Subaru supply the engine and not the drivetrain.  Subaru actually PO'd a lot of their loyal fans by straying from AWD and allying themselves with Toyota.

Mitsubishi did something similar in the 90s by collaborating with Chrysler to produce cars made by a joint operation called "Diamond Star Motors" (DSM).  The Eclypse was essentially the same as the Eagle Talon.  Interestingly enough, at one autocross event I attended several years ago, where the field was split into two main competition groups "Domestic" vs "Import", the Eagle was termed domestic while the Eclipse was assigned the status of import even though they were built in the US.

Similarly, the Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT were essentially the same car.  There may have been other examples, but those are the two that jump to mind at the moment.

For this reason I feel what Toyota and Subaru have done here is more closely compared to what Mitsubishi and Chrysler did in the 90s, rather than what GM or Ford do today within their own companies many brand names.

Message 10 of 18 (317 Views)
0 Likes