Jan 24 2013
By: Karlemayn First Son 11 posts
Accepted Solution

Numbers on Racing Mod cars

5 replies 321 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

I've put Racing Modifications on my Challenger, and it's car number is 1. Seems like lots of the race-ready cars I get have the number 1. I've seen other Racing Mod cars with different numbers... is there a way to change this? Or maybe I should just be happy that I'm Number One!

Message 1 of 6 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8245 posts

Re: Numbers on Racing Mod cars

Jan 24, 2013

Yes, go into it in your garage and the '99' icon beside the 'sell' icon is where you change the number (1-99).

Message 2 of 6 (317 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Yup...I was curious about the car numbers too when I first started messing around with that aspect lol. Aside from the race-modifiable cars where you can change the number, the GT by Citroen Race Car's number can also be changed, and there might be a few others, but the Citroen is the only one I know of off the top of my head.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 3 of 6 (296 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3091 posts

Jan 25, 2013

You should be able to change the number on any race car that is NOT a "real world" race car.

Example, if you Race Modify a Civic Type R you buy in the new car dealorship, you'll be able to change the number.

Since the Honda Gathers Drider Civic Race Car is a virtual reproduction of a "real world" race car, the number cannot be changed.  It actually WAS that number, so it reamains that number in-game as well.

Message 4 of 6 (263 Views)
Fender Bender
3579 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2013

Basically, once you either turn a street car into a race modded car or if you buy one, just go into the garage.  If you see the icon that allows you to change the car number, then you can change it.  If you don't see the icon, then you can't change the car number.

That's all you really need to know.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 5 of 6 (251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Thanks, folks, exactly what I needed!

Message 6 of 6 (230 Views)
0 Likes