Aug 27 2012
By: ishiban First Son 29 posts

Not able to connect to server for GT5,,please help

59 replies 1149 views Edited Aug 27, 2012

IM not able to connect to the GT5 server since playstation network was hacked a long time ago,i have spent days trying to find info and solutions,i have a sagen sky router and done port forwarding udp and tcp,still no joy,playstation works fine on all other games but not GT5,do any of you guys have a sky router? ,its an old blue sagem unit,any help would be great.

Message 1 of 60 (1,149 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45644 posts

Re: Not able to connect to server for GT5,,please help

Aug 27, 2012

Welcome to the GT forum, ishiban!

There is a network section in the Help post linked in my signature.

See if anything there helps you.

For us to help you further, I think we need a few more details as to what is really going on.

Message 2 of 60 (1,146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Well i tried lots when the system was hacked and i have just done another couple of days reading all the info i can and doing ports in my router and looking through my ps3,,its the only game i want to play online since loosing hardware online arena an ps2,,i will give any info i can ,just ask and ill answere ,just dont know what to say,tried my internet provider and read all the info i can and just get the same answere every time i try to play GT5,it has been unable to connect to the server or words to that effect,,i would very very happy to get any help,my son plays all his games on the ps3 but i just cant play this one game,sucks Smiley Sad   ,,Oh ye,one thing i will mention is i can only set outbound services in my router and not inbound services,,inbound always asks for an ip address to set but outbound doesnt,do i need to do inbound ?if so any ideas ?

Message 3 of 60 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45644 posts

Aug 28, 2012

At the moment, I don't know what to ask.

Start with a fresh attempt to get GT on-line. Tell us exactly what happens, when it stops working normally, and the exact text in any error message.

Is your console wired to the network or wireless?

Did you read over the help notes, especially the networking notes?

Did you attempt doing anything based on them?

Message 4 of 60 (1,120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Aug 28, 2012

Its wired direct to the sagem router,all other games work online without any problems but they are the games that my son plays,the only game i want to play online is GT5,,i have read lots of info on these pages and have done port forwarding ,tried to open the ports in the ps3  also but couldnt find the spot to insert them,i looked all through the internet settings on the ps3 but just couldnt find it,im feeling a bit stressed and a bit dull right now lol,as for what happens in the game,i dont get to play online at all with GT5,soon as it starts to load the disc you get the video intro and click the x to go past,then select online, and it then tries to connect to the server but cant and just says unable to reach the server or connect to server,cant look at GT news ect just gives the same message,im sure it has to do with ports but i have never done this and am missing something ,was hoping that one of the guys reading had an old sky sagem router  and would know how to fix the problem,

Message 5 of 60 (1,105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Aug 28, 2012

Is there a error # ? If there is one, knowing it will help greatly. But you could try and reset the internet conection in the PS3. Options>network settings.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 60 (1,102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Aug 28, 2012

I cant check for a number till tommorow as my son is sleeping but dont think there is,i will check though after work tommorow,i have gone through the ps3 internet settings,messed them about and then reset them so the internet worked again,have done a reset on the router twice also with the reset button and unpluged numerouse times,but as i say its only GT i cant play online,all other games work fine and have never had a game problem untill the system was hacked and havnt been able to race ever since Smiley Sad.

Message 7 of 60 (1,099 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Aug 28, 2012

The funny thing is that after the hack, the main problem was getting back onto the PSN. Once that was done everything seemed to work fine. It's almost like there is something missing. A update or some other info the game needs. This may sound major but deleating the game data ( not the game save) and reinstalling it may help. That way you will get all the GT updates.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 60 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Aug 28, 2012

Sounds cool,i cant look at the ps3 now but havnt deleted things before and dont want to loose all the hard work i did off line "many hours lol"can you give detail so i dont mess it up and have to start off in a citron 2cv Smiley Happy ? ,,oh and thank you for taking the time to message me dude Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 60 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
45644 posts

Aug 28, 2012

We can only help you if you help us more.

At the moment, we have to try to see through all of the fog that you are putting in front of us.

ForgetfuI the noise, emotion and just give us the facts.

Generally, there should be no need for port forwarding to get GT to work.

Something else is going on.

There are certain specific network instructions in the Help post and they need to be explored.

Have you gone over what they are and which ones have you tried?

What were the results?

I have never heard of the router brand / model that you have.

Please give us a link to their web page and/or manual for it.

I want to know what you are dealing with equipment-wise.

Just out of curiosity, what country are you in?

Message 10 of 60 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes