Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: New Seasonal for GT Academy Leaf

Jul 13, 2012

NYN makes some good points.

last year they did a GT Academy commemorative event that mirrored the custom track and car used in the semi-finals for Europe and gave us a seasonal TT to pretend like we were participaiting in their event.  That was a good celebration IMO.

but this year it is an event that only includes those who already took part in the competition.

we already know how crappy the leaf is, it's the REST of the players who need to still see it for themselves Smiley Wink

not only that, but the fact that the DLC leaf can't be used is just an oversight that is very similar to the typical "too obvious for us" mistakes that they make.

Native, just keep in mind they usually don't blunder like this on purpose, but due to an inability to realize that it will be a blunder.  It would almost be innocently cute if it weren't so aggrivating  Smiley Mad

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 11 of 94 (264 Views)
MVP Support
44635 posts

Jul 13, 2012

I anticipate getting more of these Seasonals for the exclusive content.

More of just a feeling that I have than anything definite.

I just view it as a compromise and part of everyone's learning curve.

Message 12 of 94 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Jul 13, 2012

NewYorkNative28 wrote:

Shame this event is only for those that were awarded the car from the GT Academy. Now GT5 is starting to exclude it's own players if they didn't achieve certain results in another game.

Message to Master GT

Remember when i posted this:

Re: Top 10 most wanted GT5 updates

With the new track that would be great if PD gives us more A-spec & B-spec offline event. That's what they should have done with SPA... If the track's a DLC then when you buy the DLC you get the events. I bought SPA and there's nothing to do on this track when your not online

And you answer me:

As far as I can tell, PD does not want to add off-line content because it will make two classes of GT5 players - those who can get the new content and those who can't.

I don't know what difference that makes to them, but that's how it looks.

Looks like PD is doing just that... Two class of GT5 players... Those who made GTA 2012 and those who didn't.

I don't want to start a feud over this, but my point is that i bought the DLC and should be able to do something offline with that DLC.

By the way Master i understood your answer but today when i saw this (see above) i just wanted to bring up that point.

Please PD give us Endurance races. 24 minutes is not enough...
Message 13 of 94 (254 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44635 posts

Jul 13, 2012

On-line Seasonals are different than the fixed off-line content. Smiley Wink

However, I just made the case for using the original cars, so wait and see if the events are modified.

Message 14 of 94 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

Jul 13, 2012

So you are using a gasoline powered PS3?Smiley LOL

You are right in that gasoline has some advantages.  However, one major disadvantage is that the primary source of polution is the car itself.  In the case of electriciy, the primary source of pollution is the power plant.  This makes electric cars much better suited for high density traffic areas, since you can locate the power plant outside of the city where it will not add to the problem.  And the poor range of electric cars is not as big an issue in the cities.  And given that most people live in or near major cities, I expect that the electric car will eventually win out.

The trouble is, you may not see it coming because electric cars are very very quiet.  SDBSmiley Embarassed

Photobucket
Message 15 of 94 (240 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44635 posts

Jul 13, 2012

One other advantage that gets overlooked is that car owners can make their own energy for electric and diesel powered cars, but it is nearly impossible to do that for gasoline powered cars. Apparently, diesel engines are not popular here because of the way US roads get paid for with taxes. Better fuel mileage means less tax income to pay for better roads. Sort of self-defeating.

You also have to take the whole production and usage processes into account, too. For example, coal power can be more easily controlled with exhaust scrubbers, so coal isn't necessarily all that dirty. Coal can be replaced with cleaner natural gas supplies when the price advantage is in its favour, too.

Message 16 of 94 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jul 13, 2012

my problem with it is that it is part of a planned agenda to depopulate the rural areas and get everyone into large compacted cities... so yea if you follow their agenda you'll be fine.

you'll also be living in an apartment this size...

micro

the "agenda" is called UN Agenda 21 and it is being implemented without public debate.

Message 17 of 94 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

The trouble is, you may not see it coming because electric cars are very very quiet.

There is some talk about making electric cars more pedestrian-friendly by adding sound effects, which may become like ring-tones.

I want my Leaf to sound like a 1960's UFO.  Smiley Happy  You know like the Jetsons "putt-putt-putt-putt...:

Think we could get PD to do it?  Could be a new collectable like horns...

Message 18 of 94 (227 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Jul 13, 2012

MastrGT wrote:

For example, coal power can be more easily controlled with exhaust scrubbers, so coal isn't necessarily all that dirty. Coal can be replaced with cleaner natural gas supplies when the price advantage is in its favour, too.

yes coal is virtually 100% clean now, exhausting almost nothing except steam from smokestacks of coal plants.

but the contradiction lies in the way that propaganda is placed in our various avenues of life...

coal plants are clean, but they are used on movies warning that loads of CO2 will ruin our planet even though those smokestacks don't put out CO2 per se.  doesn't matter, you see a huge smokestack (steamstack if you will) and you get scared.  (the public that is)

then part of the global agenda to "green" the planet up, is to force inustrialized countries to cease construction of new coal plants while allowing China to build dozens of them per year to meet their demand.  If we need all this electricity to fuel our cars and that is the "wave of the future", then why are the powers that be trying to keep us away from coal?  Where we going to get all that electricity?

their leveling everyone out globally, and that does not mean lifting the 3rd world up to our standards.

it means bringing us down to theirs.

at least the copenhagen treaty was defeated partially because 3rd world nations realized the sham, and also because of the Climate-Gate scandal erupting around the time of the summit.  It unearthed the fact that most of the climate change stats and figures, including the stat that "most scientists agree" were fabricated by a particular university and worked with world bodies to make sure that anyone who challenged their statements was shut out of jobs in the industry and their jobs sabotaged.

There is a lot more going on here than mere innovation to try and bring about better technology.  There's always a REASON why things are pushed and when you see a coordinated effort especially by western media outlets and governments, it shows a very well planned agenda.

Hint:  The people creating the agenda are NOT thinking of your best interests, even if tthere are some positives to adopting their ideas.  You can bet there are some negatives that they will never tell you about.  Then when someone comes along to tell you about them, there are a bunch of labels to place on those people.  "Denier!" "Kook" "Tinfoil hat!"

Keep an open mind people, and I will do the same.  So basically, I'm not against electric per se, just don't want to go along with their agenda (21).

oh, and polar bears can swim. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 94 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jul 13, 2012

Back to the Leaf. I liked the Leaf. I like driving low powered cars. Yes I can handle the Ferrari F1 too. I felt these events were like a trophy for completing the GT acadamy. Since I get no other trophies I was honored. 

Racing is not always about having a highpowered "scary" car. Lots of SCCA and indoor karting drivers go to events and just drive what they can afford. If you have someone else to race in your class it is still lots of fun. Driving low powered cars helps train (or re -train) you about the importance of driving the correct line. Good events. Thanks PD.

Message 20 of 94 (207 Views)
0 Likes