Jul 13 2012
By: buzbuz33 Wastelander 904 posts

New Seasonal for GT Academy Leaf

93 replies 374 views Edited Jul 13, 2012

There is a new seasonal that must be run using the GT Academy Leaf.  One race and one time trial.  The prize for getting both is a Level 0 ticket.  Since I wanted to keep the Leaf on my secondary account a "zero miles" car, I borrowed the Leaf from my primary account.  That worked fine.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 94 (374 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2561 posts

Re: New Seasonal for GT Academy Leaf

Jul 13, 2012
The Car Restoration Coupon prize caught my eye too... Too bad it's Receive Only Once...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 94 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Record Breaker
8311 posts

Jul 13, 2012

there... now that guy who was B***ing about there being no place to get a level 0 ticket can sleep soundly.  lol

PD, do you check these boards still?  Cuz man, it really seems like you don't.  The inclusion of the leaf AT ALL has received much criticism, and then the fact that it is in your competition is a very poor way to get the car to sell in the real world.  We're racers, not greeny enviro-nazis trying to save the planet.  We're not going to buy a leaf, EVER.  And if there was eveyr a chance we would accidentally buy it not knowing what it was, that chance is now out the window because you've given it to us in the game.

It would have been a much better sales strategy for Nissan to not include the leaf in this game or competition (gt academy that is) and merely promote the heck out of the NISSAN brand, which would consequently sell some "leaves" because it has the Nissan badge on it.  But someone would already have to be interested in such a car.

A very very tiny percentage of GT fans would ever consider one.  The rest of us will PUNT them on site.

Then you make it the FIRST ticket you send us.  You could have just saved the time and "Send" (which is sad to be a term in our vernacular, but forced by you).

Then you make it the first car we have to use in a Seasonal honoring GT Academy 2012.  Don't keep reminding us of your [less than intelligent] mistakes.

Get a clue.  Sincerely, one of your biggest fans who's sick of defending all of these [less than intelligent] decisions.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 94 (345 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

Shame this event is only for those that were awarded the car from the GT Academy. Now GT5 is starting to exclude it's own players if they didn't achieve certain results in another game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 94 (328 Views)
Wastelander
904 posts

Jul 13, 2012

It appears that we are going to have to drag you kicking and screaming all the way through the 21st century.  In 25 years, electric/hybrid cars will probably be the norm.  People like us who prefer noisy gas-powered cars will be considered as "quaint" as the people from the last century who preferred the smoke-belching steam engines of the late 1800/early 1900s.  And steering wheels will become as obsolete as "tillers" once people start driving their cars using computer-assisted joysticks - or mind control.

In any case, I am happy with whatever method GT5 uses to give me more prizes.  I would drive hovercraft if they offered them.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 94 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
904 posts

Jul 13, 2012

You may be able to compete in the event using a shared car.  I have made mine avaiable for all my friends.  Send me a FR if you  want to give it a try.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 94 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

Thanks buzbuz33,

I am one of the lucky ones that got gold on all of the GT Academy events, so I was able to run through this new Seasonal pretty quickly. Nice payout for the time trial.

I hope you are right, though, about using shared cars for this event.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 94 (323 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
40741 posts

Jul 13, 2012

NewYorkNative28 wrote:

Shame this event is only for those that were awarded the car from the GT Academy. Now GT5 is starting to exclude it's own players if they didn't achieve certain results in another game.

Players were whining that they wanted some events using the DLC that is available, but now that we got one, can't we just work with it?

We can't have it both ways at the same time.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 94 (312 Views)
Record Breaker
8311 posts

Jul 13, 2012

buzbuz33 wrote:

It appears that we are going to have to drag you kicking and screaming all the way through the 21st century.  In 25 years, electric/hybrid cars will probably be the norm.  People like us who prefer noisy gas-powered cars will be considered as "quaint" as the people from the last century who preferred the smoke-belching steam engines of the late 1800/early 1900s.  And steering wheels will become as obsolete as "tillers" once people start driving their cars using computer-assisted joysticks - or mind control.

In any case, I am happy with whatever method GT5 uses to give me more prizes.  I would drive hovercraft if they offered them.

let's see what makes more sense here.  take gasolien refined directly from oil that is ABUNDANTLY even today being located and drilled, or take coal and convert it to electricity first, losing a large portion of the potential energy output, THEN convert it again into kenetic energy, losing a % of the energy again.

there is no energy shortage, and yes the establishment keeps telling you that electric is the wave of the future, but I think that future is a LOOOOONG way out.

there is what you are told, and then there's the truth.  "THey" will keep telling you a lot of stuff... for sure.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna (FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only)
GT Saturdays Event Thread
Ex's Racing VideosSupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 94 (310 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 13, 2012
MastrGT,

Don't get me wrong. I'm not whining. There are other DLC that are available that are not being used in Seasonal Events. Is there any performance difference between the GT Academy Leaf and the other premium Leaf? If not, then why exclude the other DLC Leaf from this event?

Why not simply make this a Leaf event so those that purchased that DLC but didn't get the GT Academy car can still participate?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 94 (307 Views)