Aug 23 2011
By: adam9k Lombax Warrior 256 posts

New NASCAR Seasonal Event, In-game Jeff Gordon racing gear up for grabs

43 replies 191 views Edited Aug 23, 2011
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New NASCAR Seasonal Event, In-game Jeff Gordon racing gear up for grabs
Aug 23, 2011

Enjoy this special race event, and don’t miss the chance to unlock this very special prize.

The Seasonal Events area within Gran Turismo 5 is home to a variety of online race events and time trials that are updated regularly.

*Exact start time of the event is subject to change.
*To participate in seasonal events, you must be signed in to Playstation®Network.

------------------------------------------>
Δ9Κ's garage
<------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------COLLECT'em all
Message 1 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
256 posts

Re: New NASCAR Seasonal Event, In-game Jeff Gordon racing gear up for grabs

Aug 23, 2011

The trades will gonna BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EHEHEHEHEHEHE

Thank you so much PD!!!

This game only keeps better and better!

------------------------------------------>
Δ9Κ's garage
<------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------COLLECT'em all
Message 2 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1039 posts

Aug 23, 2011

I swear to everything holy, this BETTER not be all we get with this series of updates over the next few days. I will be extremely dissapointed if all we get is 1 cabbage helmet and 1 cabbage suit.

Kitty

Photobucket
Message 3 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1034 posts

Aug 23, 2011

I guess it depends on your point of view, I personally neither follow nor car for Nascar so the theme of this coming event is largely a non-event for me.  But, on the flip side of that I am glad to see that they're at least giving us free updates and new stuff so even though it's not my thing I at least can appreciate the gesture. 

I guess I'm neither a glass half empty or glass full person, I'm just happy to have a glass .

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Message 4 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1039 posts

Aug 23, 2011

Oh, I totally agree with you Smiley Happy It is pretty sweet that PD gives us free stuff every few months, for sure. I just mean I'll be pretty bummed if that's all the new content we get this time. I hate NASCAR, but you're darn right that I'll try to get the stupid things lol

Kitty

Photobucket
Message 5 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
274 posts

Aug 23, 2011

SevenKittyArmy wrote:
"I hate NASCAR" 

Hay watch the hate talk about NASCAR. LOL

Photobucket
My Garage http://www.mygranturismo.net/27333 See anything you want or need ask & I might trade you or share.
Message 6 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 23, 2011

All I'm saying is... How much money and time did PD waste on nascar when they could have done some proper Premium racing cars.  Kaz is all about the N24 and no 458? non-spec series racing gtr? How about an m3 gtr that isnt 2 iterations old? I (kinda understand the porsche thing but are you telling me the Racing Lizard or Farnbacher teams wouldnt have lisecnced their liveries and cars for next to nothing? how about the r8 gt3, new mclaren gt3, or the new merc gt3 (all of which were dicing for the lead at N24)?  Or an lmp car that isn't 2 iterations old? Instead they spend what is sure to be a sizeable chunk of money and time modeling and liscencing NA$CAR "racing" that could have been modeled easily by simply flushing a bag of M&M's down the toilet. "To each their own," I say but Sony and/or PD needs to put a person with Kaz to ensure that PD stays on point and appeals to the widest group of folks possible.  I can't help but feel that PD spent far too many resources chasing the impossible down the rabbit hole and while I am pleased with the overall gameplay of GT5, had there been an outside arbitor at PD during development to ensure variety and efficiency much more could have been done.

Message 7 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
274 posts

Aug 24, 2011

Fisrt off you need to look at how much nascar really is in the game. Till this event what 1 challenge series and 1 race event. And look at how many NASCAR cars are in the game what 12 out of 1034. Second Kaz did promise NASCAR and I was disappointed with what he gave us at the beginning. 2 tracks out of 25 -30. 12 cars out of more then 50. Ya he spent way to much on NASCAR (sarcasam). I love the GT5 and I love how he HAS broadened the types of racing. I an one that loves ALL forms of racing.

Photobucket
My Garage http://www.mygranturismo.net/27333 See anything you want or need ask & I might trade you or share.
Message 8 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Aug 24, 2011

Nascar is awesome. GT5 is awesome. Add them together and you get .

Can't wait to race in this event. My only gripe is why does it have to be Jeff Gordon? Why not Tony Stewart?

Message 9 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Aug 24, 2011

I certainly would rather have anything but Nascar, it was cool when they raced actual production cars, but now it's hilarious that they even claim someone is driving a Ford, a Chevy, or a Toyota.  I would actually watch if they went back to actual production cars, until then, it's just a racing soap opera.

That being said, I will still drive the events, I will take content over no content any day.

Message 10 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes