Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: New GT poll, for 2013 changes

Jan 8, 2013

someone mentioned GT PLanet... and while I like the site, the forum leaves much to be desired.  this poll is about quality vs quantity, if I could sum it up, and that's why it is at this forum Smiley Wink

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 71 of 108 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4596 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

A constructive, hopefully productive, effort like this is more likely to get noticed.   Hopefully everybody who visits the forum votes.  Vote, people vote!

Some other comments seem to suggest we should all just pack away our keyboards and not bother.   However, a positive approach like this just might get the right attention.    

Here's hoping.  Fingers, controllers, wheels and pedals crossed.

Message 72 of 108 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

If GT6 isn't going to be released for a long while yet, then I could see new tracks being made as DLC for GT5 because there would be time to do so.  Most of us know it's a long process for PD to go out, scan a track, then come back to the office and make it reality at their level of detail.

So if the majority of people think more tracks will keep them interested in GT5 for 2013....if there isn't any currently being worked on, how long would it take PD to do so,  IF PD were to see this poll and say, "ok, this is what they want, let's do it"?  With PD mainly focused on GT6, it seems reasonable to me if they are working on new tracks, that's where there going, they won't be coming to GT5.  As I said before in a different thread, gotta put the new stuff in the new game to give you reason enough to drop another 60 bucks.

I think what is reasonable, if PD is still supporting GT5, is like SWERV mentioned and develop more and better host options, let GT5 be the testing ground to see if they're good or not to determine if there worth putting in GT6.  Make the servers more reliable is another, and continue to fix any issues with the game that might be.  Continuing the weekly Seasonal Events keeps people playing, refreshing the online garage as well.  Maybe make some more tweaks to the AI, again as a way for us to test it for GT6.  Maybe throw us a bone with a car pack or two this year.

With GT5 more than 2 years old now, I don't think PD is going to put a whole lot more effort into this version.  In fact, rather than them spending time and man hours fiddling with GT5, I'd rather them spend most of their time making GT6 great.  The more time they spend on GT5, the longer we'll end up waiting for GT6.

Just my opinion, but I say let's appreciate the game we got and focus on giving suggestions to make GT6 awesome.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 73 of 108 (579 Views)
MVP Support
44616 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Twenty-five votes to go... this may take a while more than I hoped.

Message 74 of 108 (569 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

If GT6 isn't going to be released for a long while yet, then I could see new tracks being made as DLC for GT5 because there would be time to do so.  Most of us know it's a long process for PD to go out, scan a track, then come back to the office and make it reality at their level of detail.

So if the majority of people think more tracks will keep them interested in GT5 for 2013....if there isn't any currently being worked on, how long would it take PD to do so,  IF PD were to see this poll and say, "ok, this is what they want, let's do it"?  With PD mainly focused on GT6, it seems reasonable to me if they are working on new tracks, that's where there going, they won't be coming to GT5.  As I said before in a different thread, gotta put the new stuff in the new game to give you reason enough to drop another 60 bucks.

I think what is reasonable, if PD is still supporting GT5, is like SWERV mentioned and develop more and better host options, let GT5 be the testing ground to see if they're good or not to determine if there worth putting in GT6.  Make the servers more reliable is another, and continue to fix any issues with the game that might be.  Continuing the weekly Seasonal Events keeps people playing, refreshing the online garage as well.  Maybe make some more tweaks to the AI, again as a way for us to test it for GT6.  Maybe throw us a bone with a car pack or two this year.

With GT5 more than 2 years old now, I don't think PD is going to put a whole lot more effort into this version.  In fact, rather than them spending time and man hours fiddling with GT5, I'd rather them spend most of their time making GT6 great.  The more time they spend on GT5, the longer we'll end up waiting for GT6.

Just my opinion, but I say let's appreciate the game we got and focus on giving suggestions to make GT6 awesome.

Very well said.... I don't think the logic can be honestly disputed. It would follow the pattern established by the company and discussed in the linked article http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/interview-gran-turismo-creator-kazunori-yamauchi-ar120483.html... My honest opinion is that the more personalization of any form; tracks, livery, hosting, menu and garage options, anything, would help keep things fresh, but are in no way a deal breaker.

We were shuffle racing the other night and Route 7 came up, never ran that track in GT5. Anyone else?

Photobucket
Message 75 of 108 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Thanks for the kind words

Yes I've raced Route 7, I believe that one is kinda like a mini Route X, pretty much just a drafting track and high speeds on the highway.  I don't race on that one very often.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 76 of 108 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jan 9, 2013

21 votes needed for 100 votes total. We're getting there.

Message 77 of 108 (530 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44616 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Yes, if two people convinced two friends to vote, then they went on to convince two more to vote, then we would have good participation. Six complete cycles would make 128 votes.

We can mention this poll in on-line lobbies and on our Facebook pages and it will get more attention.

Message 78 of 108 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 9, 2013

disapointed there's no option for removing forced assists while off track or better FFB/clutch settings.   Offline vs online.  Still voted though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 79 of 108 (509 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44616 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Thanks for voting, buddyfrekind.

You can include those assists in one of the vote selections, either the one about restrictions or as host controls.

Message 80 of 108 (496 Views)
0 Likes