Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Re: New GT poll, for 2013 changes

Jan 5, 2013

I know that a lot of you have very predictable schedules and such, so participating in long term Leagues is doable, but I'm sure there are a LOT of us with far less time on our hands (or the ability to predict WHEN time will open up) that want to be able to easily find a bunch of racers of similar skill and ability and cleanliness...

Hence the need for some simple changes to the GT series to make matchmaking less painful. If the game tracked contact and track cutting, races quit prematurely, overall average lap times for the Spec cars under race conditions, things like that, it might be easier to set up rooms asking for a minimum 'experience' level. The current 'experience' system is an utter waste of time. It doesn't track experience, simply time on track.

If the game reverted to some of the more severe contact penalties for the License tests, perhaps they might make a worthy filter, but PD have done nothing but nerf those since the game came out. Apparently, if a ten year old can't get all Licenses, it's a financial disaster for PD..! Kaz needs to acknowledge, somehow, that GT5 is played by experts as well as noobs. Setting the game up so the noobs can all feel like they have 'beat' the game and deserve to call themselves experts is a slap in the face to the upper echelons of GT racers (of which I can assure you, I am NOT!).

I have suggested, in the past, that 'Race for Real' be set up so that all 'Sim' settings are on, and all aids turned off with the exception of ABS. At least by using this in the main Lobby, it would be a piece of cake to filter out the boost rooms and kiddie bashfests, and perhaps make it easier to see what rooms were a bit on the more serious side... Let's hope PD can see the advantage of making it easier for the 'pros' to separate themselves from the 'not so pro'!

Message 51 of 108 (581 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44615 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Another 30 votes would be really cool, about now. Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 108 (543 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 7, 2013

This may be late but i think that the views without a rearview camera need one not only the ground view

Message 53 of 108 (525 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44615 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Would that be enough to keep players active in GT throughout the year?

Message 54 of 108 (510 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44615 posts

Jan 7, 2013

There are some interesting patterns showing in the poll results.

Players obviously want and need more places on which to race, but they also want more control over GT.

The more players who vote, the better the results will be.

Message 55 of 108 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Ive been saving mine as IIRC the OP stated that we had 6 mos. to vote. I did vote mind you and am surprised about the visible results. I went w/ updated track editor since that should trump a "map pack", or so I thought. :/
Dirty_Harry44
Message 56 of 108 (503 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44615 posts

Jan 7, 2013

The poll is designed to allow changing your vote while it remains open, so there is no need to hold back.

Message 57 of 108 (500 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I voted.....I want more cars that are missing....Like the MUSTANG (2010 and newer GT, GT500, Boss 302, etc)

Message 58 of 108 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

The poll is designed to allow changing your vote while it remains open, so there is no need to hold back.

Are you conducting this poll on the behalf of PD, are you submitting these results to them?  If PD are the ones inquiring and you're short on votes, PD should have put a news bulletin within the game asking people to vote and provide a link to where this pole was.  Then you would have had a ton of votes to really get a good idea of what people want.  From a lot more than just 100 people, and the pole wouldn't need to stay open for 6 months to get definitive feedback, would only take one month if hundreds were voting.

I don't know what the big picture intent of this pole is, just saying.

If it takes half the year just to tally votes, even more months after that to make any changes that are requested, obviously there isn't going to be anything done to the game to keep us interested in 2013 because it's going to take almost the whole year just to collect votes and make changes.  Again, unless I'm missing the bigger picture.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 59 of 108 (485 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44615 posts

Jan 7, 2013

The poll was created because of discussions and comments by players. The voting lines were not created nor chosen by me nor SONY. I just put the poll together here.

I said, earlier, as an incentive to get members to vote, that when there are at least 100 votes, I will give SCEA the link. This is everyone's chance to let PD know what you need or want in GT the most, through their own community, so there is no need to refrain from voting.

The reason behind leaving the poll up for so long was to allow as many people a chance to votes as reasonable (I am learning on the job, here, too). The trouble is trying to convince the many thousands of lurkers to participate. As you can see, from this and other activities here, it takes a while for things to happen. It doesn't have to be that way, but it is.

Message 60 of 108 (471 Views)
0 Likes