Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Re: New GT poll, for 2013 changes

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Chrome_Tuna wrote:

While GT5's online does need some help, I'm at the point where there is just not enough content to keep me interested like I used to be. More tracks would help, and not just one or two, we need 5-10 to really make a difference. I wouldn't care if they just brought them over straight from GT4, which had some pretty fun tracks, BTW.  Improving a host's control does no good, if there's nobody there to race. JMO of course. Smiley Happy

I don't really see a shortage of people to race. Perhaps a shortage of CLEAN people to race, but that is fixable with better host controls and filters.

We're out there, it's simply tough to find us, online.

I think the main trouble with more tracks as the primary need is, it doesn't really fix your problem, and possibly 50% or more don't even have the DLC that is ALREADY out there! But better host controls, and particularly, filter controls (be GREAT if 'Race for Real' actually mandated most of the aids off and sim settings on) would make the clean and pro community easy to find...

Message 41 of 108 (594 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Thanks for the effort MGT!

Voted.  More tracks please.

Message 42 of 108 (583 Views)
MVP Support
44352 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Welcome to the GT forum, Boston77Bruins!

Thanks for finding the poll and voting. We're still a long way from even one hundreds votes, however, so I hope more concerned players participate soon.

Message 43 of 108 (575 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

Chrome_Tuna wrote:

While GT5's online does need some help, I'm at the point where there is just not enough content to keep me interested like I used to be. More tracks would help, and not just one or two, we need 5-10 to really make a difference. I wouldn't care if they just brought them over straight from GT4, which had some pretty fun tracks, BTW.  Improving a host's control does no good, if there's nobody there to race. JMO of course. Smiley Happy

I don't really see a shortage of people to race. Perhaps a shortage of CLEAN people to race, but that is fixable with better host controls and filters.

We're out there, it's simply tough to find us, online.

I think the main trouble with more tracks as the primary need is, it doesn't really fix your problem, and possibly 50% or more don't even have the DLC that is ALREADY out there! But better host controls, and particularly, filter controls (be GREAT if 'Race for Real' actually mandated most of the aids off and sim settings on) would make the clean and pro community easy to find...

I don't expect you to be familar with me or the fact that my name has Tuna in it, but those who know can vouch that finding a community of clean racers is not a problem that I have. A problem I do have though is, a game that I have enjoyed thoroughly is seemingly to become stale. I couldn't ask for a better or more imaginative group of online friends, that have come up with interesting races, and innovative ways to execute them, going all the way back to GT5P. We as players can only do so much with what to me, has been a misguided focus on too many cars, and not near enough places to race them. I just think in the track selection department, GT5 was a downgrade compared to GT4.

Message 44 of 108 (569 Views)
MVP Support
44352 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Chrome_Tuna wrote:

We as players can only do so much with what to me, has been a misguided focus on too many cars, and not near enough places to race them. I just think in the track selection department, GT5 was a downgrade compared to GT4.

I've used this analogy before and I will repeat it here: Tracks are the canvases and cars are our brushes. We can mix paints and use whatever brushes we want, but we need a much bigger variety of canvases on which to practice our art.

Message 45 of 108 (557 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 4, 2013

My vote has been cast on here

Message 46 of 108 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jan 5, 2013

The cars may be the brushes but how many usless nubs of brisles do we need. Do we need 18HP Sub Compacts and in two years? I do realize PD is out to include manufactures that made significant leaps in automotive technology but at some point they need to remember this is a Race Game. That means cars and tracks that we as comsumer want. Drop the kiddy toy cars and one off oddballs that nobody wanted in real life and include more of what is needed. I could do without the NASCAR and F1, but I understand why it is here. You have every year and varity of Skyline, WRX, Miata and such. There is only two cars from the 70's Trans Am Series, and a poor representaion of USA Muscle. Very few Europen and Aussi Touring Cars and Rally. Rally courses that are long, not 1:45 laps, make Norburgring a rally cource or sections of the Baja 1000.They(PD) need to look back at GT4 and bring back some of the tracks they left out.

Message 47 of 108 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Jan 5, 2013

would it be possible to add some more customization ablity to the garage? ><or would that be too big of an update

Message 48 of 108 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I don't want to slide to far off topic but it seems that new tracks and greater host control are the prime subjects. There is a large organized group of racers out there, it's just that we all belong to small leagues.  I suggest  that the organizers of these various leagues  get together and provide a larger context  league where all of us can come together and race. Leagues can become teams and teams race against each other. Full grids, rules, regs, and great racing. As more games become user developed and driven, we have an opportunity to show PD what can be accomplished in the GT community and how vibrant it is. I certainly realize that more tracks and controls would help to energize the community and provide greater leveles of racing, however the league structures and organization that I have come to enjoy certainly overcome all of these perceived obstacles and still provide a more than challenging racing experience . Bringing more committed racers to league organized events where rules and regs are enforced produces quaity racing for all and further develops the GT concept. We as committed users of GT need to combine efforts and develop a more cohesive group of serious racers under one banner. We all love to race and we definitely like it organized otherwise we would not be involved in a SIM. As we see other titles in development  we as a community need to realize that  as a group we have the ability to effect how " our " game / Sim develops. I certainly appreciate seeing everyone's ideas and dreams for an improved experience in GT, but  the one thing I see most lacking is cohesiveness in the community from league to league. There are great organizers out there that need to get together and produce a larger landscape  for the GT community. It happens on the Academy level with all of the BS required so I am sure a great group of skilled and focused organizers can take the GT community to the next level.  If your waiting for PD to bring more to the table in order to keep the game interesting look at racing in general..You go to the track knowing who and what will be the competition, you prepare, practice, and execute to the best of your ability. You come back to the same track the next week with a better plan and more practice and hope to gain a position or two. So how  many tracks do you want to memeorize and become proficent with? This is a sim as I understand it and would love to see that aspect greatly expanded, mainly through Rule/Reg.impimentation so our online exp. can be as realistic as possible. Cheers!

Message 49 of 108 (496 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44352 posts

Jan 5, 2013

There used to be a board time trial challenge, mainly in the GT3 & 4 days, because GT wasn't on-line. About 8 or 9 boards participated, as I recall. It would take a lot of dedication to put one together today.

Message 50 of 108 (487 Views)
0 Likes