Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Re: New GT poll, for 2013 changes

Jan 1, 2013

I am not sure indefinite use of an unpaid for track simply because the host has it is good business sense, but I think they made a huge mistake not allowing hosts that had Motegi to host non-purchasers for at LEAST the same 'try before you buy' period that Spa and Kart Space had.

PD also didn't really make the 'try before you buy' period that Spa had a well known fact. One day we could do it, the next... gone! Maybe I missed the period announcement, but I think it caught a lot of people out by surprise.

I think PD would be well advised to return to the 'try before you buy' promotion next track they release as DLC. In fact, it might be best to let ALL players use it whether host or not (some prefer Arcade and Practice mode over online) for a trial month. THEN disable it unless paid for...

I bet they'd sell a LOT more that way.

Message 31 of 108 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Jan 1, 2013

While more Tracks, especially previous GT Tracks was tempting to me, I still voted for better Host Controls. In the big picture, it would make the most positive impact for the largest group of GT Players worldwide. Especially since we can make some new tracks with the "Track Creator" and lots of time/ patience.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 32 of 108 (565 Views)
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I think you're either going to buy a DLC track or your not, why is there a need to test drive it?  If PD did want to do 'try before you buy', simply create a set of Seasonal events using that new track and release it the same week the actual DLC track goes on sale.  Two or three times now within the past couple months we've had Spa as a seasonal event track to race on, can't people do those events even though they didn't buy the DLC?  If so, then that's your try before you buy', if not then they should change it so people can.

PD could release the most requested track we all want, and after a month of people running it, after the newness wears off, people will go back to not running those tracks because of what I said earlier of people being booted from the server or have to sit out because others chose not to buy it.

If you're in a dedicated racing league that's probably not the case and there is no big deal, but for everyone else...

I couldn't even tell you the last time I raced on Spa or Twin Ring online.  I feel like I bought those DLC tracks for nothing, nobody races on them, and because the AI isn't very good, I don't feel like racing them in Arcade mode either.

The solution?  I have no idea how PD tackles this one.  I'm sure PD appreciates the money from the people who have bought the DLC tracks, but I'm sure with all the hard work they put into rendering those tracks, they want to see people racing on them too.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 33 of 108 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

While more Tracks, especially previous GT Tracks was tempting to me, I still voted for better Host Controls. In the big picture, it would make the most positive impact for the largest group of GT Players worldwide. Especially since we can make some new tracks with the "Track Creator" and lots of time/ patience.

I agree, make better the servers and give hosts better online controls, because the online racing experience regardless what track you're running depends on these two things first.

Maybe a more robust track editor in GT6 would work perfect.  PD can still release DLC car packs and leave it to us to create tracks that look like Bathurst if the track editor had more features to actually create tracks, not it just being a radom type feature that you really don't have the ability to create yourself.

Message 34 of 108 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:

I think you're either going to buy a DLC track or your not, why is there a need to test drive it?  If PD did want to do 'try before you buy', simply create a set of Seasonal events using that new track and release it the same week the actual DLC track goes on sale.  Two or three times now within the past couple months we've had Spa as a seasonal event track to race on, can't people do those events even though they didn't buy the DLC?  If so, then that's your try before you buy', if not then they should change it so people can.

I was under the impression that, if you hadn't bought Spa, you couldn't run the Seasonal. Perhaps I was wrong?

Actually, from having bought RouteX without trying it, I'm afraid I DO want to 'try before I buy'. That was money utterly wasted, as far as I am concerned. And sorry, but the principle of advertising doesn't become irrelevant just for GT5 players. The way to sell something is to let EVERYBODY see it, try it, taste it, touch it. Just going 'Here it is, take it or leave it' isn't the way things tend to be done!

Message 35 of 108 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9428 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Finally found the poll and voted......seems as though the big theme is MORE TRACKS.  Basically, I feel like the rest can be sorted out, but if we don't have some more tracks, pepole are going to drop like flies.  My online play has fallen off due to the lack of interest and n number of friends online with whom to race.  If PD is going to succssfully continue this series, they really DO need tol "LISTEN UP" to their customers.

THANK YOU, MGT for putting this together, It is much needed to get PD's and SCEA's attetion.

Kudos, my friend!

Cordially,

Message 36 of 108 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jan 2, 2013

I voted! PD need to get there rear in gear and do something! Prologue lasted longer and seemed more fun then GT5.

Message 37 of 108 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Well, PD said they are focusing more of their time on GT6 now.

I say, let them take their time. People demanded GT5 be released early, and the result was an incomplete game. If GT6 takes another 5 years, so be it. It should be good.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 38 of 108 (493 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 2, 2013

SWERV_GRIFFIN wrote:

While GT5's online does need some help, I'm at the point where there is just not enough content to keep me interested like I used to be. More tracks would help, and not just one or two, we need 5-10 to really make a difference. I wouldn't care if they just brought them over straight from GT4, which had some pretty fun tracks, BTW.  Improving a host's control does no good, if there's nobody there to race. JMO of course. Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 108 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Gojet-64 wrote:

Well, PD said they are focusing more of their time on GT6 now.

I say, let them take their time. People demanded GT5 be released early, and the result was an incomplete game. If GT6 takes another 5 years, so be it. It should be good.

I could be wrong in saying this, I think Sony forced PD to release the game when they did.  PD had already been working on the game for years and still wanted to postpone it because it wasn't finished.  But think Sony stepped in and told they've had long enough and need to get something released.  Again, I could be totally wrong, just what I heard back in the day.

Message 40 of 108 (462 Views)
0 Likes