Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Re: New GT poll, for 2013 changes

Jan 1, 2013

Voted.

Thanks for putting this together MasterGT.

Message 21 of 108 (554 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
967 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

Even with different versions of Firefox and also tried IE, I still can't see the voting panel.

(No, please don't ask me to install Chrome.)

Nevermind....found it on the General page.  Voted.  Thanks!

photo d58a8f35-0ed4-4d38-b0a5-3fd612962a2f_zps9243b7ef.png
Message 22 of 108 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2197 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox 17.

Make sure you update Firefox.

Gojet-64 is now Encvell. (Gojet-64 is now only used for older games and Vita)
Back up your PS3's and PS4's hard drives!
Try repairing your corrupted hard drive without losing data, here.
Message 23 of 108 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Jan 1, 2013

It suprises me most people chose more tracks, yet even with all the DLC tracks we've got thus far hardly no one runs them online.  Spa was a very welcomed track, yet nobody runs it.  Twin Ring is another one.  Most people stick with the tracks that came with the game.  Maybe you all who are in leagues run them, but you don't find people running them in regular public rooms.  So my question is, if you're not going to buy them or run them, what's the point in wanting more?

I voted for more stable online enviornment.  We could get new tracks as DLC this year but if we don't have relyable servers to play on...you get the idea.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 24 of 108 (533 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44616 posts

Jan 1, 2013

If anyone wants to support DLC, make sure that PD can see you using DLCSmiley Wink

If someone wants to comment as to why they are not using DLC, now is the time to speak up.

Message 25 of 108 (527 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44616 posts

Jan 1, 2013

zeedesertrat wrote:
Spoiler

Vote Submitted.  Great effort as usual MastrGT.   All of the changes were well thought out and wish they all could be implemented.  Thanks again and Happy New year to you and all the other GT5'ers/   Smiley Happy

I too wish that I could vote for more than one (the admins are looking into that). All of the ideas to keep us actively playing came from other players and I only massaged them into a poll. A great way to start the year.

Message 26 of 108 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Jan 1, 2013

voted

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 27 of 108 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5017 posts

Jan 1, 2013
Vote submitted. Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 108 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 1, 2013

Voted... was looking for the poll inside the post.

Pleasantly surprised about the tracks being the most popular (but actually voted for better host controls, LOL), but have to concur with the earlier post that, if this WAS the general GT5 player's need, yes, online MUCH more would have the DLC already released. From general open online hosting, I can say that possibly half or nearabouts don't have ALL the DLC, with Motegi as the bigger loser of the two. Spa is possibly 2:1 over Motegi. Is there anywhere to check the sales figures?

I don't know if multiple choice polls will do much good... I imagine everybody would like to see ALL the options offered..! Prioritizing down to your ONE main need is definitely the way to find out what players REALLY want (the most!). Not much point in an election where you can vote for ALL the candidates!

Perhaps PD need to take a far closer look at what tracks the PLAYERS really want the most. I see so many posts about getting back some of the better GT4 tracks, especially non-real ones. I am surprised, given how much cheaper than going out and scanning a new real track (and all the licensing costs involved) simply updating the older imaginary tracks, that PD hasn't seen this as a perfect opportunity to make some easy cash.

Plus, with Bathurst and Silverstone confirmed as already being worked on, why not release those as DLC too? Spa did fairly well, Motegi not so much. But Silverstone and Bathurst seem to usually close to the top of any track request lists I've seen. Thing is, at $5 a track, and maybe only half of the players buying them (lets even call it 33% just to avoid any exaggeration), there are over 9 MILLION copies of GT5 out there. Let's be brutal and say that only 1/3 are being used online. That's 3 million players! and 1/3 of them willing to buy.

Two great tracks at $5 a piece, that's $10 million dollars... Now, I may underestimate how hard it is to code a track, but it's GOT to be a lot less than $5M..! And imaginary ones, a fraction of even that.

What is taking PD so long to go after this obvious bounty..?

Message 29 of 108 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3586 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

If anyone wants to support DLC, make sure that PD can see you using DLCSmiley Wink

If someone wants to comment as to why they are not using DLC, now is the time to speak up.

Didn't PD first release DLC tracks where people could race on the track even though they didn't actually buy it as long as the host had bought it and hosted the room?  Then they changed it where only people who bought it could run it and race it?  I don't know for sure which way it is now.

Why would people want to buy the track when they can just join someone else's server who already did?  Then if you take that privilege away where you can't race on the track unless you bought it, then hosts aren't going to run the tracks because who ever in the room that didn't buy it gets booted from the server or has to sit out.  That's why I think people don't use the DLC tracks.

So based on that, would I buy track DLC in the future??...

With DLC cars I can choose not to buy any, but I can still play online because I have plenty of other cars.  If I don't have the DLC track, then I can't play at all.  It's kind of like penalties in the game, it's a double edged sword where you're screwed either way, so people just don't use it.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 30 of 108 (496 Views)
0 Likes