Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Re: New GT poll, for 2013 changes

Jan 7, 2013

thanks for the organization of this list MasterGT

Voted for Better Track Editor, personally, after I saw that Tracks had a solid lead, which was my original #1.  I figured if that has a solid lead already..

and I have run Spa and Motegi (East mostly) many many times online w/ friends and leagues... so I think maybe open lobbies are the exception, though they have bigger overall numbers mind you...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 61 of 108 (544 Views)
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Jan 7, 2013
Im w/ you ex. A track pack would net us a few tracks where the editor (if done right) could net us an infinite amount of tracks.

The only other option for me was lifting trade limits. Id love to get rid of older, highr milaged cars as they get replaced w/ new, zero mileage cars. I just cant bring myself to delete a $4,000,000 car. Smiley Sad
Dirty_Harry44
Message 62 of 108 (540 Views)
Fender Bender
3586 posts

Jan 8, 2013

MastrGT wrote:

The poll was created because of discussions and comments by players. The voting lines were not created nor chosen by me nor SONY. I just put the poll together here.

I said, earlier, as an incentive to get members to vote, that when there are at least 100 votes, I will give SCEA the link. This is everyone's chance to let PD know what you need or want in GT the most, through their own community, so there is no need to refrain from voting.

The reason behind leaving the poll up for so long was to allow as many people a chance to votes as reasonable (I am learning on the job, here, too). The trouble is trying to convince the many thousands of lurkers to participate. As you can see, from this and other activities here, it takes a while for things to happen. It doesn't have to be that way, but it is.

Oh ok, thanks for the explanation.

I have an idea outside of the voting selections, how about more car liveries like ground effects, wings, rims, window tinting, etc and the ability to paint our cars via a RGB paint palatte rather than paint chips?   I know I've suggested this before, but I thought I'd mention it again.

I think this would keep people interested in the game with the cars we already have, without adding more.  But I'm sure this idea is already too late for GT5, so maybe GT6.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Message 63 of 108 (530 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44887 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:
But I'm sure this idea is already too late for GT5, so maybe GT6.

That's why it was not included. Smiley Wink

Message 64 of 108 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1712 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Given that some other GT5 forums (names withheld to protect the innocent..!) have organized extensive wishlist polls, Spec improvement polls, polls about this and that, and despite being the largest active GT5 forums, they have had hardly a single issue addressed by PD, we may be tilting at windmills here...

Sure, maybe accelerated tire wear might have been on some polls (but WAY down the list), but I can't honestly ever remember seeing anyone ask for a 'no collisions' option. PD, if they are gathering info from the player base, quite honestly seem to have considerable disdain for it, and go their own way regardless...

TBH, the main request for more tracks seems a longshot at best. People have been clamoring for more almost since the day of release, and we have had very little as DLC (especially when you consider what a moneymaker it could be for PD) tracks.

If PD are listening to someone somewhere, I'd sure like to know WHO, and where! Smiley Sad

Message 65 of 108 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3040 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Id be curious about results from Europe and Japan also. Do their forums have similar polls?
Dirty_Harry44
Message 66 of 108 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Dirty_Harry44 wrote:
Im w/ you ex. A track pack would net us a few tracks where the editor (if done right) could net us an infinite amount of tracks.

The only other option for me was lifting trade limits. Id love to get rid of older, highr milaged cars as they get replaced w/ new, zero mileage cars. I just cant bring myself to delete a $4,000,000 car. Smiley Sad

I used to feel the same way about deleting high-dollar cars. Lately with the 7000 item limit hammering me a lot, I gave in. In the last 2 months, I deleted over 300,000,000 in cars. Many were 0 miles LMP cars such as Pescarolos, Audi R8s, Peugeot 905s, and Group C Cars too. I just needed to trim my car list down to make room, and I really didn't need 15 Pescarolos, 12 Audi R8s, or 7 Peugeot 905s.

Last night after hitting the 7000 item limit for the 3rd time in 2 weeks, I got disgusted and simply deleted 150 sets of Racing Soft Tires(@ 36,000 cr per set). That will give me a month or two of peace. BTW, I still have 500 sets of Racing Softs left on hand, so I'm far from out.

Edited for Spelling errors......

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 67 of 108 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Destinkeys wrote:

Given that some other GT5 forums (names withheld to protect the innocent..!) have organized extensive wishlist polls, Spec improvement polls, polls about this and that, and despite being the largest active GT5 forums, they have had hardly a single issue addressed by PD, we may be tilting at windmills here...

Sure, maybe accelerated tire wear might have been on some polls (but WAY down the list), but I can't honestly ever remember seeing anyone ask for a 'no collisions' option. PD, if they are gathering info from the player base, quite honestly seem to have considerable disdain for it, and go their own way regardless...

TBH, the main request for more tracks seems a longshot at best. People have been clamoring for more almost since the day of release, and we have had very little as DLC (especially when you consider what a moneymaker it could be for PD) tracks.

If PD are listening to someone somewhere, I'd sure like to know WHO, and where! Smiley Sad

I think you would be surprised about how many player issues have been addressed by PD. SCEA does read this board. They also follow GTPlanet and other fan sites and racing leagues. They are well aware of issues that players have or features that players want. I think it's a great idea that MasterGT put together this poll so that SCEA knows exactly what we want and pass it on to PD. With an entire community showing strong support for 1 or 2 issues, rather than a wish list of a million and one things, there is a much higher chance of GT5 getting a favorable update.

Message 68 of 108 (498 Views)
Wastelander
748 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Good job with the poll MGT and just voted.  

Also I totally agree with this post.  If we have the tracks, all else can be worked through.  I can understand why leagues want better host controls and a more stable on-line enviroment would be better for all, but to me, additional tracks are the top priority.

One other thing I personally would like to see is on-line quick races, maybe somewhat akin to what GT5P had, but with a bit more stabillity.  Smiley Wink  Go in with a car that matched the criteria, auto match with others and run.  Quick and easy for those with a limited time frame in which to run.   You would know exactly what your getting, no track hopping etc.  Lobbies as they are now are cool and this would only be an add-on to that, not a replacement.  Downside is of course is it a hit and miss with the quality of racers you'll meet on the track, but for someone with say an hour to run, it would work well enough.

Yeah, Sorry for the late input , I know I'm late to the party with the suggestion, but I just don't frequent this or the Tuna site all that much lately. 

RACE FAST... RACE HARD...RACE CLEAN!!
Photobucket
Message 69 of 108 (485 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44887 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Thanks for dropping in again for voting, JasherX.

Yes, a lot of players are still fond of the quick Prologue-style matches.

Message 70 of 108 (474 Views)
0 Likes