Oct 08 2012
By: Solo240 First Son 5 posts

Nascar oval and abs

[ Edited ]
25 replies 305 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

I read everywhere that I can turn the stupid abs and asm off but for some reason I can't, lowest option on ABS is 1 ans ASM keep being turned on

What the hell? Can somebody help me with that

Oh and btw, trash those nascar and put some real racing with DTM and Australian V8 supercars

**bleep** I hate nascar

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 26 (305 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Nascar oval and abs

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

and also its so unrealistic having car during a race putting their brakes on when ur about to pass it or cars going 300km/h and u hit them they keep perfect balance...Gran Turismo THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR

My **bleep**.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 26 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3530 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Solo240 wrote:

and also its so unrealistic having car during a race putting their brakes on when ur about to pass it or cars going 300km/h and u hit them they keep erfect balance...Gran Turismo THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR

My **bleep**.

I assume you're referring to the AI cars in this statement?  Yeah the AI programming isn't the greatest.  I'm pretty sure the slogan of "Real Driving Simulator" refers to how each car in the game handles like the car in real life handles.  When you leave the car stock and don't do any upgrades to it.  Once you start doing weight reductions, engine upgrades, suspension tweeks, etc, that slogan statement will no longer be true.  Just don't confuse real driving simulator with real racing simulator, there is a difference and I don't think any racing game where you race against AI is ever 100% accurate to real life.  After all, you're essentally racing against a pre-defined program.  If you want a more realistic racing experience, you'll have to race real people online.

photo PSForumSigPic1_zps15f972f0.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 26 (289 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 8, 2012
we are talking about nascar here, all the car are the same and you cant really change stuff on it, so it should be realistic
and doesnt tell me why my stupid nascar brake for me when i didnt press the brake
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 26 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Oct 8, 2012

sounds like your car has aids, turn off the aids. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 26 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 8, 2012
i cant remove the aids, asm isnt selectable and set to "on" and lowest setting for ABS is 1, what would you do?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 26 (274 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1033 posts

Oct 8, 2012

buddyfreakind wrote:

And there in lies the crux of the issue, it's been a while since I actually checked any of the offline Nascar events myself but I believe a number of patches back PD (in their infinite wisdom) decided to force the use of certain driving aids such as ABS and ASM. 

I think we've always been forced to use ASM but "way back when" you could simple turn ABS off which would then negate the ASM, but they "fixed" that so now the car will automagically slow down when taking a banked corner at Daytona even when there's no need for it to (or at least not nearly THAT much).

Photobucket

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"
"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.. "
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 26 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Oct 8, 2012

I'ld figure out how to turn off the aids.    I've never had a problem turning them off before.  It could be that you had them on then joined a room that had them disabled, that would make it greyed out.   Could be something messed up with your gamesave?  Never heard of this happening before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 26 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3530 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Do you play with a controller?  Maybe that's why you can't.  I play with a steering wheel and pedals so I can turn ABS completely off, I can turn ALL driving aids off, but maybe with a controller you can't.  Just guessing.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 26 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3530 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Feldynn wrote:

buddyfreakind wrote:

And there in lies the crux of the issue, it's been a while since I actually checked any of the offline Nascar events myself but I believe a number of patches back PD (in their infinite wisdom) decided to force the use of certain driving aids such as ABS and ASM. 

I think we've always been forced to use ASM but "way back when" you could simple turn ABS off which would then negate the ASM, but they "fixed" that so now the car will automagically slow down when taking a banked corner at Daytona even when there's no need for it to (or at least not nearly THAT much).

Oh, is he talking about doing events in A-Spec and can't turn the driving aids off?  In those instances that might be the case, but for online racing, Practice mode, Arcade mode he should be able too.

IDK, he isn't being that specific in which he is encountering his problem

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 26 (264 Views)
0 Likes