Dec 31 2011
By: MLT24 Uncharted Territory 1684 posts

Nascar Setups?

14 replies 707 views Edited Dec 31, 2010

2 questions:

First I have done several searches, and all I get is Nascar 09 threads. How do we do searches related to certain areas. I want to just search GT5 for Nascar Setups and I can't seem to do that.

Of course the other question is I am looking for Nascar Setups. Especially interested in how people are setting up their suspension.

I see people runing 40 second laps on Daytona, and without touching suspension, I can get 41's. Need to knock that second off. Anyone getting sub 40 without drafting?

Thanks!

Mom can I have another quarter, pleeezzzzzzzz!!!!!
Message 1 of 15 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3066 posts

Re: Nascar Setups?

Dec 31, 2010

If you can turn 41 second laps at Daytona without any help from a push or the draft, then you don't need advice from us.

A good qualifying lap at Daytona in real life is in the 47's...the best most people can do in a single-car run is mid-to-high 41's on GT5.

If anyone CAN turn 40's by themselves, I'd love to hear the setup as well.  Best I ever turned in HOURS of "Daytona testing" is 41.708.

PSN ID: U2EDGE

60/60 Gold Licenses
S. Vettel: All Gold

A: 40 - B: 40

Message 2 of 15 (707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 31, 2010

I would love to know how you are setting up the car to turn 41 seconds at Daytona.  The best I am getting is 44 and I am getting trashed on the 10 lap Nascar race.  Thanks for any info.

Message 3 of 15 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Dec 31, 2010

As far as the Nascar Event in the Extreme Series the only race I changed anything on was Daytona. I achieved gold in the rest without having to make those adjustments. Daytona was another story seperately. Suspension wise I simply lowered the car, -25 in the front and -20 in the rear. Increased the downforce by setting it to I believe 20 in the front and 50 in the rear. Now I also adjusted the LSD by desensitizing the breaking to 0. Lastly I checked my driving options and made sure ABS was at 0. All that and I still only won the race by .088 sec. Only other advice I could give you on that track is no brakes needed just maintain good throttle control especially in turn one. Come off it for just a split second to drop below 215 mph and them slam it to the floor. Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 15 (707 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 31, 2010

Thanks, I'll try it.

Message 5 of 15 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3066 posts

Dec 31, 2010

LordZain wrote:

As far as the Nascar Event in the Extreme Series the only race I changed anything on was Daytona. I achieved gold in the rest without having to make those adjustments. Daytona was another story seperately. Suspension wise I simply lowered the car, -25 in the front and -20 in the rear. Increased the downforce by setting it to I believe 20 in the front and 50 in the rear. Now I also adjusted the LSD by desensitizing the breaking to 0. Lastly I checked my driving options and made sure ABS was at 0. All that and I still only won the race by .088 sec. Only other advice I could give you on that track is no brakes needed just maintain good throttle control especially in turn one. Come off it for just a split second to drop below 215 mph and them slam it to the floor. Hope that helps.

Not sure if you meant to reply to me or not, but...

I had no problems with the Daytona races.  And as far as throttle control, if you get the setup right, you should never need to lift at Daytona.

60/60 Gold Licenses
S. Vettel: All Gold

A: 40 - B: 40

Message 6 of 15 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Dec 31, 2010

U2EDGE wrote:

LordZain wrote:

Not sure if you meant to reply to me or not, but...

I had no problems with the Daytona races.  And as far as throttle control, if you get the setup right, you should never need to lift at Daytona.

I was replying to the OP, no worries. On the throttle control, no matter what setup I tried the only turn I ever had to lift on was turn one. If I didn't I always bumped the wall in turn two.

Message 7 of 15 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1684 posts

Dec 31, 2010

OP here. My time was a very high 41, and that was messing around with ride height, downforce, and top speed in gears.

I was testing online with some people I didn't know and they were getting low 40's. I was trying to listen to them and set mine up like theirs, they were messing with all kinds of suspension, dampers this, toe that, then I got disconnected from the lobby so I never got to hear it all. Figured some one on here has set theirs up completly and have shared it here. So that is what I am looking for.

Message 8 of 15 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1684 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Nope, I was wrong, my best was high 42 with just a few tweaks. But last night I tweaked everything and tested for 5 hours, and the best I could get was like 42.023.

What was real confusing was I had to raise, not lower, my ride height to get more speed. That is just wrong, we all know the lower the faster we should go. So what is up with that?

I still know there are people out there getting into the 40's, sure would like to know how.

Message 9 of 15 (707 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1684 posts

Jan 3, 2011

bump test

Message 10 of 15 (707 Views)
0 Likes