First Son
30 posts

Re: NASCAR Trick for Golds!

Dec 4, 2010

Thank you for this information. All those that might be thinking its not true... it is true, i'm not sure why but ive got all golds on all the test in just a few minutes. I wonder if this holds true for all cars?

Message 31 of 39 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Dec 4, 2010
We understand why now... when you disable the ABS, it disables the ASM. Disabling the ASM is what makes the event easier.
DriverSports.org
Message 32 of 39 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
354 posts

Dec 5, 2010

Bump.  This thread should always be in the first few pages.

Message 33 of 39 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Dec 5, 2010

IN THE JEFF GORDON NASCAR DRIVING SCHOOL, turning the ABS off will make a difference.  I use a G27 Logitech wheel setup, no driver aids when possible.  Buuuuuuuuuuuut, like in this school you cannot turn of the ASM but for some reason, turning the ABS off DOES effect the speed of the car.  No more momentum loss mid corner when the car starts to slide, this is about the biggest "issue" that I've had with GT5 so far, and it's a pretty small issue since it doens't have the same effect in the rest of the game...   Turning the ABS off around an oval in a NASCAR will eliminate the ActiveStabilityManagement.

First rule of Italian driving, "That which is behind you is not important."
Message 34 of 39 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12271 posts

Dec 5, 2010

nm

DriverSports.org
Message 35 of 39 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 19, 2011

OK, I'm completly lost now.  I understand what everbody is doing.  My ASM is set to ON by default and ASM is set to 1.  I can't change either option in the normal driving options menu.  I have tried adjusting in race on the fly with the in-game driving option menu, but I can not change ABS from 1 to 0, and so ASM always stays on.  Maybe it's obvious I'm just missing it, but why won't the game let me lower the ABS any lower than 1?  I spent 5 hours yesterday on the Advanced Nascar School challenges and only getting bronzes on the first 2.  It's actually taking a lot of the fun out of the game right now.  Did this "trick" get removed with the new patch?  Help!

Message 36 of 39 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Feb 19, 2011

CMStewart wrote:

OK, I'm completly lost now.  I understand what everbody is doing.  My ASM is set to ON by default and ASM is set to 1.  I can't change either option in the normal driving options menu.  I have tried adjusting in race on the fly with the in-game driving option menu, but I can not change ABS from 1 to 0, and so ASM always stays on.  Maybe it's obvious I'm just missing it, but why won't the game let me lower the ABS any lower than 1?  I spent 5 hours yesterday on the Advanced Nascar School challenges and only getting bronzes on the first 2.  It's actually taking a lot of the fun out of the game right now.  Did this "trick" get removed with the new patch?  Help!

Will check and let you know...

UPDATE: You are right. You can not turn off ABS now, even in the event. Sorry Dude...

Message 37 of 39 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Feb 19, 2011

Some of the events will not allow you to change the driving settings.  The events that will allow you to make the change are where you will need it most.

Message 38 of 39 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
439 posts

Feb 21, 2011

You can still turn ABS to 1 and turn your front and rear brakes to zero. Doing that made a pretty big difference for me.

Message 39 of 39 (34 Views)
0 Likes