Dec 18 2010
By: Flame7532 First Son 6 posts

My headset won't work, help please!

15 replies 4059 views Edited Dec 18, 2010

So I got GT5 (hooray) and after playin for a while I went online and tried to use my headset. Its the official ps3 headset, the first version and it won't work online with GT5, i've re-registered it but nothing. So what is going wrong with it?

Message 1 of 16 (4,059 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Re: My headset won't work, help please!

Dec 18, 2010

Wht won't work, voice or mic?  Mine doesn't have any problem.  When in a lobby you should be able to see the icon come up by your name when you talk.  Check all your mic settings to make sure input/output are correct.

Message 2 of 16 (4,059 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 19, 2010

It won't work at all, like I can't talk through it nor can I hear other people through it, it just won't work.

Message 3 of 16 (4,059 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 9, 2013
I had the same problem. Check under the settings menu and then go to audio device settings and make the input and output the device you are using. Then make sure it is connected and you should be good.
Message 4 of 16 (3,922 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5361 posts

Oct 9, 2013
First, is your NAT type 1 or 2?

Second, is your online settings for lounges set for chat? (I had this problem, and I couldn't talk in a lounge until I changed it.)

If these don't work, then let us know. We'll help all we can.
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 16 (3,900 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4574 posts

Oct 9, 2013

The question was asked in 2010.  Hopefully they have it working by now!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16 (3,897 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Oct 9, 2013

OzDaddy62 wrote:

The question was asked in 2010.  Hopefully they have it working by now!  Smiley Happy

If not, then they have probably given up by now!

BANG

photo BANGNOLUFSENSigPic4_zpsa53ba0de.jpg
Message 7 of 16 (3,890 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 1, 2014

my official headset would do the samething i've tried almost everything and im pretty sure it's nothing to do with the mic itself help me please

Message 8 of 16 (3,676 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Jan 2, 2014

TRLWNC wrote:
First, is your NAT type 1 or 2?

Second, is your online settings for lounges set for chat? (I had this problem, and I couldn't talk in a lounge until I changed it.)

If these don't work, then let us know. We'll help all we can.

What do the Nat levels have to do with it?  I had a headset that used to work on line but does not any longer.  Can't figure out what the problem is.

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 9 of 16 (3,661 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5361 posts

Jan 2, 2014
NAT 1 is hard wired directly from modem to PS3.You may still have to bridge your modem.

NAT 2 is wireless with restrictions (no voice chat, might not be able to enter a custom lounge). This is caused by not having the modem and router bridged.

NAT 3 is open wireless (full access).
If you are a Christian, copy and paste this in your sig. In life, and especially as a Christian, in order to finish first, you must first finish. What's YOUR first place? donoharm.us #sharethegift #peaceispossible #BecauseHeLives #Hallelujah

I am autistic, but not always eloquent.

"Racing makes a heroin addiction seem like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan
Not all curves that you brake for are corners that you turn for-Matterhorn.... Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 16 (3,655 Views)
0 Likes