Wastelander
695 posts

Re: My guide to GOLD in every S. Vettel Challenge

Feb 4, 2011

Good post! (liked it already), and i believe the OP here used a wheel, although he doesnt say exactly, #5 from the 1st section leads me to believe he did.

The question i have(and have posted to no avail) is Anyone ever achieve even Bronze with a DS controller?

Photobucket
Message 11 of 15 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Feb 4, 2011

I ran force feedback at default (5).  I don't have noodle arms like you guys  j/k   Also, I found ABS didn't make much of a difference and I favored the setting at 1 to help slide the car around.

Message 12 of 15 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Yes, great post, but I have the same question as Shane...  Anyone do this with a DS3??  Would be good to know since I'm trying it now...  Got only within 8 secs of bronze on my first complete lap at Nurburg...  I DQed a bunch of times before that, but honestly I haven't put hours into it yet....

Shanetune1 wrote:

Good post! (liked it already), and i believe the OP here used a wheel, although he doesnt say exactly, #5 from the 1st section leads me to believe he did.

The question i have(and have posted to no avail) is Anyone ever achieve even Bronze with a DS controller?

A shantune Tag
_________________________________________________________________________________

Check my garage.......... http://www.mygranturismo.net/7008
Message 13 of 15 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3212 posts

Feb 4, 2011

@ OP nice write up. With the DS3 I found ABS 0 and Brakes 10/10 to be very effective at Monza, but kept to ABS 1 and 5/5 elsewhere.

'I can't see a thing in the video, I can't hear a sound on the radio, in stereo in the static age'
Message 14 of 15 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Thanks everyone. 

YES, I used a wheel (if you read through it you'll see I used a Logitech Driving Force GT).

The reason for my post is I noticed an error in the write up.

In MONZA, Turn 7.  It should read like below, (brake more than 6, not more than turn 5)

Turn 7.  Brake more than 6, turn early, use the full width of the track.  Carry your speed.

Message 15 of 15 (87 Views)
0 Likes