I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Re: Motegi Has Been Confirmed For DLC w/ the New Scion FR-S

Jun 23, 2012

Great news, I'm down for this DLC. 

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Message 51 of 58 (303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Jun 23, 2012

Looking forward to Motegi in GT5.  And to exX, regarding the drop-off in online users, I say good.  All that will be left are the die-hard racers who most likely care about driving clean!  Less kids who are bored and just like to crash people lol.

Now, if I were trying to make a large amount of money out of one set of DLC, I would tie it in w/ the in-game race selection menu.  For example, release a Weather/Time change version of Daytona (both speedway and road course versions).  Then, they could release two or three more Endurance events.

1st and foremost, a 24 hour Daytona race.

They could also do a Daytona 500 NASCAR race and possibly an evening-into-night Daytona 400.  Quite frankly, I'm surprised that a Daytona 500 wasn't in the Endurance events at the game's release.  Being that we have a third of the NASCARs that are contending in real-life, and how much time it took to model each and every paint scheme, why not have a full-fledged version of NASCAR's biggest race in GT5?

Also, I would bet there could be some DLC to give us yellow flags and a pace car, at least on oval events.  That's the main thing missing from all the GT games, yellow flags and pace cars.  Heck, they already have the pace car with flashing lights (GT Skyline GT-R pace lol).  No BS, I would spend $25 on that DLC!!!

If I were to get exactly what I wanted, I would like the late-model Indycars to be released and make the Indy 500 race in Endurance events with actual Indycars.  Being from Indianapolis, born and raised, and seeing a race called the "Indy 500" being ran with LM prototypes and GT cars is somewhat sacreligious lol.  Don't get me wrong, I love GT5 and everything about it, but I love authenticity to the max!!!  That's why I bought GT5 in the first place, the authenticity of the game is the best out there, IMO.  If they can license F1 cars and NASCARs, they can sure license Indycars too.  I'm sure it's a money/contractual issue that they haven't done so already, but I am a realist and also understand that Indycar doesn't have near the popularity of F1 or NASCAR either.  I can still dream though

Message 52 of 58 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1953 posts

Jun 23, 2012

exXboxFan wrote:

if they are allowed, PD will take 10 years to get that monkey at Trial Mountain to look just right and leave us with no torq thrusts for our standard muscle cars... again.

(dan that one was for you)

Square, triangle, circle,... EX!

Tour de Kart Event Info

SCREAM GT Event Thread

GT Academy Ranking

That there be a truth-i-tude...

But I guarantee the monkey still wouldn't look right, Kaz would do his best Scotty impersonation and claim the machine "just can't do it captain" and we'd likely still have PD telling us what wheels belong on what. More than likely, I would hedge my bet with MastrGT that GT6 will be on the PS3, and will be a polished and slightly heavier featured version of GT5.

It's a tough position to be in for PD at this time. They will undoubtedly have some idea as to a hard release time frame for the PS4, and where that window lies forces them to look at extending the shelf life of GT5 for an extended period or revamping the graphics and game processes in GT5 to be less complicated to make more features and physics engine available.

As I've said before, PD makes many of it's own problems with their programming ways, forcing the machine to do too much when it doesn't have to. Just go to the track creator and then to Grand Valley East. The creator is the last vestiges of the original GT5 graphics system. Just taking a look at what they were able to achieve just with the trees is huge performance boost. When you look at some of the worthless background stuff, the amount and complexity of it as well as the needless complexity of some of the wheel models it's easy to see it's not just the hardware at issue.

Number one on my list at the moment are the crowds. The spectators in the game are horrific at best, and on some tracks must eat up 1/2 the machines potential as it tries to animate 92 groups of flat fans in 1/2 empty grand stands all playing Simon Says and saying "hey, we shop at the same store..!" to each other all race. Totally useless, unwarranted and terrible use of processor and memory going on there. Flying by at 100 mph or more, one large crowd model with a few flags or signs or arms popping up would be fine with me, and would free up a boat load of resources for the real parts of the game to use. Consider how well Eiger and London run without any people at all.

There is a TON of stuff in the game way over the top detailed, and then you have the painfully obvious car shadows that look downright horrible. Shift 2 and F4 both get the look and feel right within the hardware limitations they have. I'll agree Shift2's physics are laughable, but F4's are not as bad as we'd like to think. F5 will be pretty close given the jumps from 3 to 4.

I'd be more than willing to sacrifice a tiny bit of driving for car shadows that weren't drawn with 1983 graphics... I mean it's like Anti Aliasing hasn't been invented yet or something. Honestly, it's not like PD itself doesn't skimp a little on the physics as it is. Just look at what's MIA from the tuning screen. Caster..? Air Pressure..? Both very basic and fundamental aspects of tuning that are completely ignored and/or masked. To me, that's a fair compromise if I can get a game that drives like GT but looks like Shift 2. 

One look at a car flipping in Shift 2, or at any one of the tracks in the game like Mount Panorama, the one they drive the Bathurst 1000k on and you'll have a certain kind of dream hoping PD found some way of buying the title and slapping GT's driving physics under the hood in a heart beat. (...yeah, it looks that good...)

I don't see the "huge drop off in production" happening if GT6 is going to the PS4. They would have to keep something going for GT5 for longer than normal. That would mean a slow and steady pace of DLC to string us along, which may actually end up being a good thing. It would also mean a 3.0 update to test new models and physics to make sure they would fly before being fully incorporated into GT6, which again could lead to some very exciting times. It's not everyday an entire game community gets to be beta testers for a major title...

I would expect a drop off if it's going to be for the PS3 though, which has me thinking again GT6 will be a PS3 GT5 with the polish and refinements we saw in 2 and 4 as Master pointed out awhile back. If that's the case, I'd expect little DLC beyond the necessary, but we may still see the 3.0 upgrade as they refine the GT6 engine and features.

Either way, GT5 has proven to so show PD what's not important, what fans still want to see and how not to solve problems. I just hope they actually learned from the experience. If they did, GT6 will rock my world and I'll never look back. If not, I still have the box to turn to when roundy round is just another excuse to be "DZ"...

@Dirty Harry:

I completely understand the position, and the motivations. I personally feel just having people like you active on the forum and stating your opinions is helpful. Just being involved is helpful, as anything that gives PD feedback on their treatment of DLC is useful information that is just as valuable as purchasing information is. I'm sure they'd want the money, but heck, don't we all..? If I were PD, I'd want to know why someone passed on the content just as much as why someone bought it, wouldn't you...?

I appreciate the time anyone takes to write any sort of informed or intelligent opinion...

Even if it isn't necessarily SWERVs...

Or mine.

As an aside, I hope work or a suitable alternative finds you soon. Nothing hurts worse than not being able to act and take care of things, specially when family is involved. I know I never enjoyed those times, and I hope you find relief sooner rather than later.

@ CHAMEELION27:

You go ____ .

I'd say "boy" just to quote the phrase, but I don't know that for sure and didn't want to insult you.

Unfortunately not everyone on the forum realizes we all have opinions, and they are all equally valid. Nor do they realize we are not the same people, they and I and you and everyone else. It would be nice if they would realize that and leave people be to express themselves as they wish, so long as they don't berate another or make it personal.

I can say as one who often posts the negative, I get it.

However, there is something to be said for telling the positive side of  the truth once in awhile too. Not saying that you don't, but the fact it's been brought up and that you responded would lend itself to having some truth in there somewhere.

Posting the positive as well as the negative shows you are not biased nor just complaining, that you are indeed telling the truth as you see it and that what you are posting has some kind of merit, that it's a legitimate complaint or showing of lack in a particular game element. Telling the good with the bad shows you to be a person who actually looks at the whole game, not just the "wrong parts". It's simply a way to make your life easier when you want to express that you are not impressed with a "new car" simply being a slightly restyled and rebadged old car. I can honestly say I'm not terribly impressed by that either. I believe it would fall somewhere between "big whoop" and "really...?", but that's just me.

It also eliminates the need to respond to others who just want to complain about your posts. Knowing you look at both sides and post accordingly, there's no need to defend yourself when someone wants to complain about you complaining.

Please to take the above for what it's worth, which is whatever it cost to put the electrons on the screen for you to read. Consider it a pamphlet on lowering your blood pressure or on how to reduce your daily stress you found on a table at the local diner by accident or something.

Certainly not trying to tell you how to be, but maybe explain how to make your posts more valuable as a whole.

I can say it certainly  helps to lower the confrontational stress dynamic...

Photobucket
Message 53 of 58 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jun 23, 2012

...desired (SOCOM and GTA series.) but thats for another forum. Peace.

GT5 69 Camaro RM 001

Off topic, but wasnt 4 horrible? A lot of the games that I loved for PS2 let me down big time when they tried to jump to PS3.

Get your Portable ID!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/3990
Message 54 of 58 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

**bleep**?? I can not seem to find the Twin Ring Motegi track... or any other track for DLC on the PSN Store. Can anyone fill me as to why this would not be available any more? It was jsut release on 06/22/12, the GT5 website has it listed and says "it is available" for download. I sent a message to customer service and they sent me here to this blog...? this was the closest thread I could find to post to. Can anyone point me to the tracks to download on the PSN.

Side note: the new PSN Store format blows! The search engine is not good at all and leaves one wondering... if I could only type what I want in the search field, I might get more results, than just putting letters in and having it guess what I am searching for.   

Message 55 of 58 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3655 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Search for "G R A N  [space] T U" that should show what you want. Motegi is there. Spa was still missing last I looked, but it and the Kart tracks are the only missing ones now, I believe.

And actually, the new search is WORLDS better than the old, where you had to wade through dozens of videos to find the actual addons...
I like it a lot better.

Good luck.

Message 56 of 58 (265 Views)
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Thanks dmcallis,

I just took another look and it was there! Excellent!

Now that I have used the search a little more I am finding it to be a little better and easier to use. Maybe it is just me and I hate change... I am sure that is what it is and I will get over it.

Peace out YO!

Lunzar   

Message 57 of 58 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I Found the new search functionality cumbersome at first, but once I realized it eliminated letters that had no entry in the store, it seemed rather easy to type a few char and get to where you want to go.

for instance, once I did G, R, A, N  T, the only two letters remaining were O and U.

But let's be honest about something here... what the heck is up with a hge PS update and then a separate store update?  Why not put them both in the same frikkin update?  And the XMB looks exactly the same as before... go figure.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 58 of 58 (243 Views)
0 Likes