Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 23 2012
By: reju I Only Post Everything 1109 posts

Mazda Furai color rarity

12 replies 582 views Edited Aug 23, 2012

I regret to ask this question  but here  it goes anyway.....I know there are several colors available but  last night during a level 23 ticket flip I discovered a dark metallic grey one with red accents on the tail fin, the scoop on the roof, and around the rear lights....it almost looks like te real thing.... is this one the harder to find version?

Ilook forward to the answrs of my highly educated friends......SWERV_GRIFFIN among them.......

Message 1 of 13 (582 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41965 posts

Re: Mazda Furai color rarity

Aug 23, 2012
Message 2 of 13 (576 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Aug 23, 2012
Yep it's a furai. I've got two in red/black and once before on my old ps3 I had the gold paint version.

Not sure if this helps but, best I can do :-/
"Art is only art if you truly enjoy it"- Sonny Moore.
Want a good shootout on gt5? Let me know.
Message 3 of 13 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6675 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 23, 2012
800px-Mazda_Furai_Detroit_2008.jpg
reju wrote:

I regret to ask this question  but here  it goes anyway.....I know there are several colors available but  last night during a level 23 ticket flip I discovered a dark metallic grey one with red accents on the tail fin, the scoop on the roof, and around the rear lights....it almost looks like te real thing.... is this one the harder to find version?

Ilook forward to the answrs of my highly educated friends......SWERV_GRIFFIN among them.......

That one is the Furai Prototype. The " Dark Gray" is how the car was first shown in 2008 in Detroit according to Wikipedia

( grain of salt, no extra charge:smileylol:)

. A noteworthy detail is that there is no color named above.

Or so I was told somehere else on the GoogleTubes. I can't find the quote right now, so you'll have to believe my report of something that was reported on the Interwebs.

We ALL know that everything on the Interwebs is true...........:smileyvery-happy:

I can personally attest to the fact that it IS rare. I flipped Tickets and got one, accidentally restored over it , and it took forever to get another one in that color scheme. I do once again have one in 0.0 Miles condition.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z179/ZRX_PAUL/GT5%20Screenshots/P8050344.jpg

I still have yet to get one in Gran Turismo Green Metallic, or as I like to call it " Money Green", Son.:smileywink:

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 4 of 13 (539 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Aug 24, 2012

You lucky dog! I have been flipping LV 23 tickets and have yet to hit on one of this car. "AHHHHHH"!

Photobucket
Message 5 of 13 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6675 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

White_R34 wrote:

You lucky dog! I have been flipping LV 23 tickets and have yet to hit on one of this car. "AHHHHHH"!

It's not luck, it lots of time-consuming hard work. On my main account, I am flipping (over 20) LVL 23 Tickets. It takes an unbelieveable amount of time to go through them and then reset, just to do it all again. The Furai in any color is very rare to ever show up, let alone in a color that I don't yet have.

Colors that I have ( so far)  on my SWERV_GRIFFIN Account:

Prototype -Color not officially named ( Semi-Gloss Dark Gray with Red Accents )

Gran Turismo Black

Gran Turismo Red

Gran Turismo Blue Metallic

Gran Turismo  White Pearl

Gran Turismo Silver

Still looking for:

Gran Turismo Green Metallic

Gran Turismo Yellow

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 6 of 13 (511 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

I got a the Concept one by running the "B" spec race. The Miata race I believe. No flipping needed.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 13 (507 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

Ahhh your talking about the 4hour endurance race. Man 4hrs, I think I'll keep flipping! :smileyvery-happy:

I want the version "SWERV" has!

Photobucket
Message 8 of 13 (496 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

After getting the  "prototype" the last one I need is the "blue" one....I got the lovely shade of green first and  either bought them at the dealer or ticket flip.......I use a different method  then SWERV, do one level 23 a night and see what comes up....have a lovely Audi collection along witheFurai's..........this pursuit helps me build my colored R8 LMS as well......

SWERV....thanks for the color info asit helps me with the search..........you're a great resource.

Message 9 of 13 (490 Views)
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Aug 24, 2012

White_R34 wrote:

Ahhh your talking about the 4hour endurance race. Man 4hrs, I think I'll keep flipping! :smileyvery-happy:

I want the version "SWERV" has!

No. I believe its on the second set of B-specs races. I just did it a few days ago. I think its the N-RA race, IIRC.

Yeah, getting these non-tradeable cars in all colors would definately be a huge PITA. Goodonya for having the patience to flip. I tried once for about 5 cycles and said," screw this!"

Dirty_Harry44
Message 10 of 13 (481 Views)
0 Likes