Mar 07 2013
By: imflyinn First Son 20 posts

Lost game data

6 replies 305 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

A few weeks ago my Ps3 kept freezing on the home screen and I was forced to reformat my hard drive. I had never done a back up and realize now that I should have, but long story short all of my in game data is gone. In reading through other posts I realize that I will never get my hours on hours of saved data back, but is there any way for me to get the free downloaded and special event cars that I had gotten from playing?

Message 1 of 7 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1980 posts

Re: Lost game data

Mar 7, 2013
I would try to download the freebies again; and do the special events again, or try to trade for the cars you need. Lots of good folks to trade with here, just head over to the Marketplace section.
Message 2 of 7 (296 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44613 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Anything that you downloaded through the PSN you should be able to recover, except some special gifts that you had to earn within GT. Even some players who earned the cars didn't always get them and there was nothing they could do about that, either.

So, most of what you had before you can get again. If there are any special cases that you need in a hurry, then go to the GT Marketplace and request some help in borrowing or gifting them.

I trust that you will do back-ups more frequently, now.

Message 3 of 7 (296 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Awesome Ill start downloading what I can, and will definitely be doing more back ups thanks for the help

Message 4 of 7 (286 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Mar 7, 2013

If you add me, I can send you a Peugeot 908 racing car as I have a spare ticket for one......not currently playing GT 5 but I can load up the gme and send it your way if you are willing to be patient........

Message 5 of 7 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1665 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Yeah I have some extra tickets too.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1690 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I do believe that both the Stealth GT-R and Stealth NXS are no longer downloadable since they were limited-time promotional things - I never got the NSX due to not knowing about that particular event or something similar. I'm surprised the GT-R is still being advertised on the main GTpage (on the left-hand side of the screen).

Life is what happens while you're making other plans - taken from the movie "Kuffs"

MY RIDES: http://www.mygranturismo.net/10853

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/rojovo74

"Who is more foolish...the fool or the fool that follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Message 7 of 7 (260 Views)
0 Likes