Treasure Hunter
6687 posts

Re: Looking for people to add for daily "Remote Races" - Prizes to be awarded!

Jun 3, 2012

All the carsa LVL 23  produces are LMP cars and Group C Cars, therefore not sendable. So you'll just have whatever car it produces for you( that you settle on). I'd send a copy of the Ticket to your side account first, then you'll always have a copy to send. Save and Back up first.

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Message 411 of 422 (1,278 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Jun 5, 2012

For those who may be interested in a little tidbit of my REAL LIFE Racing group...

"Slowish"  Toyota MR2 Turbo to attempt to show the layout of the track:

And each group from slowest to fastest, Starting with group E:

And coming into the pits...

Group D:

And coming into the pits:

Group C Driveby:

And coming into the pits:

Group B Driveby (2nd fastest group)

And Group B coming into the pits:

Group A Flyby (Fastest Group)

Due to an accident on course, I managed to catch only one of A-Group coming out via the pit lane...everyone else had to exit from another place

Hope some of you enjoy this.  I'm also hoping to be able to get my own live-driving footage soon too, but I need new tires before I can get on the track.  For some reason they just don't like having ice-racing tires on tarmac!  (Yes...my current tires have 6 rows of metal spikes per tire!)

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog
_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_~^~_
20+ Remote Races ran daily as well as daily vehicles & other prizes given out @
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36466084#36466084

See My Garage & Items here!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/32647

For information on my Real Life racing group, as well as track times/dates:
www.speedwayperformance.org

***NOTE*** I do NOT send friend requests. If you wish to join, send me a request, and I'll add you.
Message 412 of 422 (1,278 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Jun 7, 2012

Whelp...it's warm out....and both the little guy and I were constantly sweating to death, so today, we're hoping we have resolved that issue!

IMG_20120606_194124.jpg

Goodnight all, and hopefully the new haircuts will help streamline us for out on the track!!  Anything goes when you're trying to race with a Nissan Leaf!!  LOL

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog

***NOTE*** I do NOT send friend requests. If you wish to join, send me a request, and I'll add you.
Message 413 of 422 (1,279 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Hey everyone!

its been awhile since I posted here.  its been at least a month since I played GT5, and probably the same or longer for posting.   None-the-less, i wanted to see how all my GT5 buds were doing.

seems like LGD, is still the RR BOSS.

Message 414 of 422 (1,279 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Jun 17, 2012

LOL, thanks Super_Vegeta1986....and your always welcome on my FL...

I've been noticing that my thread has been going quite...absent...of other peoples posts...and was thinking of just giving up...then out of nowhere you pop back in!  LOL

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog

Message 415 of 422 (1,279 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Jun 17, 2012

I'm glad I could help!  XD

Message 416 of 422 (1,279 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Jun 19, 2012

Uggg...Long...long, long....looooooooooooooonggg day today.

Early start (5am) and one of the busiest days at work in as long as I can remember, then as soon as work was done, the sprint home (well, more correctly, to the daycare to pick up my little guy) then McDonalds for supper on the way out to the track.  Actually made it for driver registration today (Yay) and even got to announce my special NAPA discount for our participants that will start being distributed next event.

Got about 2 minutes of VERY sparse rain while we were running (haha, only group "Fail" got the rain!!) and otherwise it was a really good outing. NO BLACK FLAGS!  1st event this season where there were no black flags for the entire outing!  Only one red flag too, and that was only due to a newbie in their chump car having it fall apart on the track...oh well, guess that's what we have the tractor for...extrication, and booted off.

I love how both a Ferrari, and a Lotus, both got owned by a Mini!  LOL, and the flame shooting STI was back.  We even managed to pull some people from out of province in tonight too!  Great showing, good times, and good people.  Now, it's time for a little wind-down on the couch, then bed, as soon as I can start dozing.

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog

Message 417 of 422 (1,279 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Jun 22, 2012

Well poo....I'd use fouler language, but it would either get censored out, or I'd get in trouble for it.

My transmission in my RL car decided that it really likes 2nd gear, and WILL NOT COME OUT!  I can move the shift lever all over the place, and it won't do anything.  I checked the linkages, it's all intact, and moves when the shifter is moved, but once it goes into the tranny, who knows from there.  So...no way to back up the vehicle....unless there's two people (one to hold in the clutch, and the other to push) and although the car technically IS able to drive forward under it's own power...it's REALLY hard on the clutch to start in 2nd gear, especially to get out of my parkade @ home, which basically makes you come to a complete stop on a 45 degree incline to trigger the door opener, then continue out a blind tunnel, onto a road.  That, and who really want's to be buzzing around town stuck in 2nd gear, doing only 40km/h, @ 3500RPM!

2 bonuses (well, maybe 3)

1 - I'm just under 140,000km on the vehicle, with a 160,000km powertrain warranty, so it should get fixed for free (including towing to the nearest Mitsubishi Dealership)

2 - As the nearest Mitsubishi Dealership is where my car got broken into 3 times, I don't want it to go there, and warranty will not tow to anywhere but the physically nearest dealership, I have AMA, which I have 5 free tow's left for this year, with each able to be up to 160KM.  Free.  So all I have to do is find out what dealership (out of the ones I like) can take the car in the soonest, and send it there, still getting the work done for free

(MAYBE 3) since this is transmission work obviously, and under warranty, they may just end up replacing the entire tranny for me, as I believe 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear synchros are toast!  YAY!

I was hoping to wait a bit longer to get them to inspect the transmission for replacement until I got my stage 3 clutch and racing flywheel, so that I wouldn't have to pay for the labor to get them installed, but oh well, small matter.  Getting the tranny fixed is of most importance now, as it's undrivable.  Before, without the synchros...I just got REALLY good at rev-matching, for both up and downshifts!  LOL

Here's hoping it's a quick fix, as unfortunately, with the vehicle being out of commission, I have no way to get to and from work.

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog

Message 418 of 422 (1,279 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
583 posts

Jul 10, 2012

Well everyone....the wait is over.  I'm finally going to reveal what my new car is today.  Both with a quick walkaround video, and a bevy of pictures.  I'll also keep you all updated with my progress with her as time goes, but for now, I'm happy with her just the way she is.   Unfortunately, she's still just a she.  No name has came to me for her yet.  I know my last one was Gina...but that came to me/us on a road trip.  Every vehicle's name MUST come to the owner of it's own accord.  So for now, here's my new wife!

IMG_20120604_174712.jpg

Hahaha, just kidding...although that one would be nice.  It's all show, and no go.  Never have I seen the owner bring it ON track...just TO the track!  LOL

Realistically though, here's a bunch of pictures of MY new car!

2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R w/6 speed paddle shift

IMG_20120709_123200.jpg

Side View

IMG_20120709_123213.jpg

Wheel/Tire combo - All factory.  Will make some pretty winter rims eventually.

IMG_20120709_123237.jpg

Nose...not too aggressive looking for now...but I've already priced out a full body-kit, including new front/rear bumpers, side skirts, front canards/splitters, hood, and rear spoiler...,

IMG_20120709_123403.jpg

Kindof basic and dull looking in here, but hey...it's a bone-stock QR25DT.  Sourced out some nice cold-air intakes, and even found some turbo-kits for it as well.  Those will come MUCH...MUCH later!

IMG_20120709_123603.jpg

Fairly basic guage cluster.  left Tach, right speedo, centre MFD.  Blah...Taking pictures with my phone, which, while driving, has another 11 guages showing at once, makes it difficult to show how that works!  LOL  You can see the tops of the paddle shifters on the wheel here.

IMG_20120709_123626.jpg

And this...my friends...is what I use to shift up to the next gear!

IMG_20120709_123632.jpg

And this side...is how to shift down....fairly basic isn't it!  LOL.  At least there's no more clutch to worry about!  YAY!  Especially since I live downtown, and either have massive construction, or massive weather that makes it next to impossible to get over 20km/h some days...this will/is a VERY welcome addition, whilst still having control over what gear you're in!

IMG_20120709_123649.jpg

Factory Center Stack.  Interesting how they have additional guage pods sticking out of the top of the dash.  In my case, it's an oil pressure guage (left) and G-Force meter (right)  The open cubby just below the gauges is where my phone mounts, and gives me an additional 11 gauges, (give or take...I can change them around at will)  Basic stereo, as even the upgraded one doesn't have a bluetooth option (**bleep**?) so I figured instead of spending an extra $2500 for 2 more speakers, and 2 subs to be factory installed, I'd keep the money myself, and replace the entire deck with a bluetooth enabled one, and more speakers/subs of my choosing at a later date, that will still be better, for less than what could come from factory!  LOL

IMG_20120709_123716.jpg

These seats, as you can see, are actually REALLY supportive, both for long-haul trips (nice and comfy) AND for aggressive manuvering, such as like on the track.  Nicely stitched with the SE-R logo, both front seats have thigh, kidney, shoulder and leg supports that hug you nicely, with a nice, grippy, yet not sticky surface, to help hold you in your place!

Lastly, a quick walkaround video.  Kinda corny, and GOD was it bright out when I did it, but hey...whatever....It's officially mine as of today, including the full detail, and 3rd full tank of gas!  (LOL)

Well, comments are always welcome.  I'll keep everyone updated as new stuff arrives for me!

Thank you:
Lil_Guard_Dog

Message 419 of 422 (1,268 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Jul 10, 2012
LGD,

Nice car man! I can only imagine how excited you are. Congrats!

Best regards.
Message 420 of 422 (1,266 Views)