Nov 23 2010
By: scca_ziptie Hekseville Citizen 350 posts

Logitech G27 button configuration with GT5?

23 replies 2450 views Edited Nov 23, 2010

So the game is awesome so far, but here comes the first real issue I have.....   Where's the setup for the Logitech G27 wheel??  A few words of warning so far from what I've noticed...  Don't touch the clutch pedal(it doesn't re-engange the clutch correctly), and very tough to figure out what buttons to assign for the 6 available on the wheel....  Thank goodness the paddle shifters work at least !!!!!!

AWESOME GAME, GREAT FEATURES........   PUT THE G27 WHEEL SETUP INTO THE GAME VIA DLC PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THANKS POLY !!

First rule of Italian driving, "That which is behind you is not important."
Message 1 of 24 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Logitech G27 button configuration with GT5?

Nov 23, 2010

And G25 also. It's a shame that these 2 wheels are not fully supported. Shame on you Poly

Message 2 of 24 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Nov 23, 2010
Did you press the triangle button?
Message 3 of 24 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Nov 23, 2010

Other GT5 users claim the clutch works fine. Did you press the triangle button?

Message 4 of 24 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Nov 24, 2010

The triangle button is a "quick reverse" rather than selecting reverse via the "gate shifter."  It sounds like the triangle button is a clutch for some of you, not for the G27 I can report.. 

The clutch pedal itself just doesn't seem like it has the correct throw...  Seems very tempermental/inconsistent and the relationship between the clutch pedal input and the gear being selected(via gate shifter) just doesn't seem like it is up to the standard that the other aspects of the game are showing......   Hope to see a DL that puts the G27 into the setup area so you can assign button for function and adjust sensativity of the pedals, etc.

Happy to report that as of now(almost all license's attained and some race w's under my belt)that the steering input seems to be quite nice and not experiencing any issue's with the paddle shifter's.  Great game, get the little things dialed and this should be the best selling racing game of all time....  Cheers Poly.

First rule of Italian driving, "That which is behind you is not important."
Message 5 of 24 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Nov 24, 2010

SnakeShady wrote:

And G25 also. It's a shame that these 2 wheels are not fully supported. Shame on you Poly

Agreed....  My G25 is worth a lot more than what I paid for GT5... Why would they not support the top of the line Logitech wheels...

Press triangle AFTER the race starts?  If that's the ONLY option they could come up with, couldn't they at least have an indicator if the clutch is active or not? 

Disappointed.

I played some PC demo in which you could stall the car if you popped the clutch... now that's a simulator.

Message 6 of 24 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Nov 24, 2010

if you hit the clutch it will automatically set the clutch ON. you must properly use the clutch to shift into gear. if you miss, you must depress the clutch, put shifter in the Neutral position,then shift back into gear.

to set back to sequential shifting, just hit one of the paddles on the wheel.

here's a button map i found on my computer...

PSN TAG
Message 7 of 24 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 25, 2010

the clutch works with the g27, all you have to do is press it when your racing and you are driving with clutch, note that some cars don't have a clutch in real life so they won't have a clutch in GT5 either. Pressing triangle doesn't work, other than put the car in reverse. When you touch the paddle shifters again it switches back to being a sequential gearbox.

Message 8 of 24 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Nov 25, 2010

Although the wheel doesn't show under controllers, my G25 have full support.

I don't even have to press triange to get the clutch working, which.. Uhm.. Is weird, but hey, i don't complain.

Message 9 of 24 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 25, 2010

nickolaibrutus wrote:

Although the wheel doesn't show under controllers, my G25 have full support.

I don't even have to press triange to get the clutch working, which.. Uhm.. Is weird, but hey, i don't complain.

What about programming the buttons?  Have you been able to get that to work?

Message 10 of 24 (2,450 Views)
0 Likes