Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: Le Mans 24 hour B-Spec 10 More Times!

Jan 19, 2011

Then it's apparent B-Spec isn't the mode for you

Message 11 of 62 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
550 posts

Jan 19, 2011

@redrkt and Outerfuel:

B-spec is not a game. Games are actively enjoyed. B-spec is more of a movie...the longest, most boring cut-scene in the history of video-games and you can't skip through it. Pressing "play" and walking away is not playing a game. If there is no need to hold the controller in your hand, it is not a videogame. It requires no skill, no practice, no thought, no challenge: only time and electricity.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 62 (109 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

Jan 19, 2011

I have to admit that PD had not thought of many things in Gt5. Which is for sure a huge problem. When you consider how much the game has to offer you think that would not be a problem, but some of these issues are really enough to make you stop and wonder what on earth they were thinking.

I did not care much that the fast forward system is not in Gt5. But to have a sloppy leveling up system, increadably inapt damage models, and terrible menus makes me think that this game was, ironcally enough, RUSHED out the door. How else would you explain some of these odd design concepts.

One thing that drove me mad was the F10 '10 which, as many now know, is useless in the career despite it being considerable worse then the X2010. I however, did not, I spent 10 million on it thinking I was buying a great vehicle.

PD needs to release a patch. To me it's enough proof that this game was only nominated for ONE award (racer of the year) and even that it did not win. It's an amazing game to be sure, but after all the hype so much has let people down. Anybody who disagrees is loyal indeed, but I speak the truth.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 13 of 62 (109 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1793 posts

Jan 19, 2011

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

@redrkt and Outerfuel:

B-spec is not a game. Games are actively enjoyed. B-spec is more of a movie...the longest, most boring cut-scene in the history of video-games and you can't skip through it. Pressing "play" and walking away is not playing a game. If there is no need to hold the controller in your hand, it is not a videogame. It requires no skill, no practice, no thought, no challenge: only time and electricity.

I am of total agreement. Do you know how  much more amazing this game would be if PD would have focused only on A-spec? Stating "it's a racing simulator" is an invalid argument, and has loopholes all over it. 1) A racing simulator is RACING. Not watching an AI race for you. 2) GT5 is in no a way a simulator. If it's a simulator, where's a my fully costumizable tranny? Where can I change my tire psi? Why can't I upgrade my brakes?

tankresize
Message 14 of 62 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
604 posts

Jan 19, 2011

Hastatus_Atratus wrote:

Yep.  I agree.

And now for all the farmers to say "THEN DONT PLAY IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT RAWRRZORZLAWlroflownednoob*

Photobucket
Message 15 of 62 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Jan 19, 2011

redrkt wrote:

WOW, imagine that.... A game that you can't finish in one week, how horrible and rotten the people at PD were for ever thinking that people would ever want to play a game for more than one week!

Well bud, guess what, 65 million people seem to think differently, and have been playing the game since 1998.

Original username: Redrkt Original reg date: 12/30/03

AMEN...this must really piss some people off. I like that you HAVE to put in some serious time and effort to gain ExP.

Message 16 of 62 (109 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1924 posts

Jan 19, 2011

reju wrote:

If you can wait until next week, I have a Toyota GT one that I won from LeMans that I could trade to you as I have 2....bought one the first time it was in my UCD.....she has no miles on her.

for some reason, I am on my third GT-ONE race car, all have shown up in my UCD like a RX7!

I bought one, lost it in a bad game save, bought another one, traded it, and now it appears again...so I bought it...AGAIN.

why?

because it always seems someone out there needs it. I sure dont. But i bought it just in case.

Hoarder?

perhaps.

so if you get tired of running the PS3, let me know...I think I even put some SOFT slicks on it and changed the oil.

it's used...but it runs!

My garage

http://www.mygranturismo.net/1724

Drafting? Draft this!

Message 17 of 62 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Jan 19, 2011

yup, one dude figures it would take at least 500 hours to Plat GT5, 7 hrs per day, 7 days a wk 4 6 wks

Message 18 of 62 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jan 19, 2011

CoolSOB wrote:

Thank god for a full time job. I'm going to grind the 9 Hour Tsubuka Race in B-Spec while I'm at work everyday to gain the necessary experience. I won't even notice it.

^^^ Same here when the opportunity shows

Message 19 of 62 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Jan 19, 2011

BlackIceLSC wrote:

reju wrote:

If you can wait until next week, I have a Toyota GT one that I won from LeMans that I could trade to you as I have 2....bought one the first time it was in my UCD.....she has no miles on her.

for some reason, I am on my third GT-ONE race car, all have shown up in my UCD like a RX7!

I bought one, lost it in a bad game save, bought another one, traded it, and now it appears again...so I bought it...AGAIN.

why?

because it always seems someone out there needs it. I sure dont. But i bought it just in case.

Hoarder?

perhaps.

so if you get tired of running the PS3, let me know...I think I even put some SOFT slicks on it and changed the oil.

it's used...but it runs!

Aint nothing wrong with that when it comes to games...

Message 20 of 62 (109 Views)
0 Likes