Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Re: Just got new seasonals :)

Feb 10, 2011

Couldn't disagree with you more kind sir, game looks and plays absolutely amazing, IMHO. Just played the SP demo and the open beta, anyone looking for something opposite of other shooters should definitely give the demo a go. I warn all though, this is NOT going to play like your favorite shooter as this is NOT that game.

On topic, the new seasonals blows, badly. You might as well just run the beginner series again as it's the same low XP and the same low dollar amount.

Message 41 of 107 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8363 posts

Feb 10, 2011

Dammit...

I looked forward to the new seasonal events every week, because they were something new and interesting to do, and payed out well enough to jump start my bank account into buying another sweet car.

Then they took out all the limitations that made it interesting and challenging. I mean, getting that RX-7 to win at Tsukuba actually took some work before they de-limited it. Even so, without the imposed limitations, I'm still free to limit myself and try to win at minimum cost, and the payouts were still worth it.  And I really liked the way it encouraged and provided for me to buy and try out new cars.

Now it looks like they've taken away everything the seasonals had going for them. The races I can afford to enter aren't interesting or worthwhile, and the interesting and worthwhile races I can't afford to enter.

There's over 150 million cr. worth of cars I want to buy in this game, and I'm running out of career events to do.  If my interest in it is to be maintained, either prize cars or credits need to get handed out like candy. I can't be bothered to run the Dream Car Indy race literally a thousand times to afford the cars I want. This is a video game, and I just want to build a fantasy garage, is that so much to ask? Like it's not enough I feel poor in real life, Gran Turismo just has to rub it in...

Message 42 of 107 (21 Views)
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Feb 10, 2011

I'm hoping that the clusterf--k with the GT Academy is what caused them to phone in the Seasonals this week. We'll see what happens next Wednesday.

Message 43 of 107 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1972 posts

Feb 10, 2011

animal84 wrote:

Im glad if they reduced the pay scale. We've had it way too good in this game. We've never been able to make such easy money even when they had restrictions, we still made massive amounts of money and it was unlike realism and it was unlike all GTs of yore. Im happy to grind out 5 million if i have to. Its going to take about 5 hours of Indy @ American championship but its good skill, money, and practice.

"You're a better man than I am Gunga Din"

Old age is not for sissies.
Message 44 of 107 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Feb 10, 2011

animal84 wrote:

Im glad if they reduced the pay scale. We've had it way too good in this game. We've never been able to make such easy money even when they had restrictions, we still made massive amounts of money and it was unlike realism and it was unlike all GTs of yore. Im happy to grind out 5 million if i have to. Its going to take about 5 hours of Indy @ American championship but its good skill, money, and practice.

that's strange, because previous GT's have not had 20,000,000 cars.  I recal only a couple million, max.  So payouts being smaller was never an issue, and as someone else said, we could sell cars for more and win them again and again for more $$$.  This is just a ploy to get hardcore fans to keep playing longer because they are still working on completing the game...

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 45 of 107 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8815 posts

Feb 10, 2011

you know, in all fairness, after thinking about the payouts some have talked about for the F1 races (I have not had a chance to run any of these yet) I think I can be somewhat happy with this update.

I have a F2010, so I can use that, right?  Or is it the F2007?  IF it's the 2010, I'll be happy that I can run those over and over again and earn back much of the money that I spent on the somewhat useless car.  The fact they can be run multiple times kind of makes up for some of the g@yness...

And it's awesome they finally added something ffor the F1 cars.  Thanks PD, for that.

aka Ex_Stream_Tuna -FR's & Racing done here. ExXboxfan = Netflix only
GT Saturdays Event Thread

Track ShareEx's Racing Videos SupaTunaGTPhoto Mode Pictures
Message 46 of 107 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1312 posts

Feb 10, 2011

wait what is that i hear in the distance???

oh it's a whaaammmbbbuuulllaaannnccceeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish PD could selectivley take back the seasonal events from the little people that just have to complain about everything. hell take it from everyone i don't care. i'm lvl 40 on both a spec and b spec i' don't need or even get the exp points anymore. if you guys are so disappointed with the game just take it out and return it please!!

this thread started out nice with people being grateful that we got to use the f1, but then the little people showed up and ruined it again!!!!

Message 47 of 107 (21 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

Feb 10, 2011

dharbert wrote:

choochie49 wrote:

Depends on what you call EZ

AI cars are even more limited in HP than they were before and your vehicle still gets to have unlimited HP and tires.

The only one that might be a bit of a challenge is the Ferrari F1 race.

And for all of those who have been looking for an Escudo forever, it's in the updated online dealership.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/10464 1032 unique vehicles and counting.....let's trade

Im at work and you just enlightened my day by telling me this... I cant wait.

Message 48 of 107 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1924 posts

Feb 10, 2011

I missed the seasonals last night....I checked, and they were still the same ones as the last 2 weeks, so I made a trade, and shut 'er down.

I am THRILLED at what i am reading:

1)lower pay out BUT you can now re-run them just like all other GT LIFE races and get paid over and over(it's like adding in a whole new series folks)

2)I recently traded for a lvl 24 ticket and it ended up being a F2007. I had no desire to purchase a F2007 or F2010. I drove the F2007 in GT5P, and while it was fun, I wasn't going to go buy one. Now i am reading that PD instituted a race for the Ferrari F1 cars for folks to run them against other cars, and i think this is GREAT for everyone.

3)It sounds like you no longer have to go out and BUY a "specific model car" to run the Bonus races only to more than likely park that car and never run it again after getting over-paid with the old format. You can now select a car from your garage that meets the requirements OR go buy one.(am I correct? I have yet to check them as I am not home and wont be until later on today)

So people....please...do NOT whine about any aspect of the SEASONAL BONUS RACES.

They are DLC that everyone was asking about/looking forward to when the game first came out.

For those who are at a platteau and higher up in lvls, the Seasonal Events are like winning an extra ball on a pinball machine(kiddies that are too young to know what a pin-ball machine is can close this thread and go read another one).

FREE UPDATED GAME PLAY MATERIAL is a good thing in a video game. if you don't like it....I don't want to read about it.

go change your diaper and ask mommy to cut the crust off your sandwhich for you and let the rest of us PLAY THE GAME that keeps getting BETTER every time Sony/PD blesses us with UPDATED MATERIAL that we do NOT have to pay for. We paid for a game that is growing which means, you are getting MORE bang for your BUCK.

as for the Escudo in the OCD...and all the RUF cars....I need to start seriously grinding. I want a Porsche and a Escudo.

Or I'll line up some trades.

Thank you Sony/PD

My garage

http://www.mygranturismo.net/1724

Drafting? Draft this!

Message 49 of 107 (21 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Feb 10, 2011

Just a suggestion for PD and Sony (if they read this).

Would it be possible to put a "Difficulty Slider" or something in some of the bonus races to adjust opponents strentgh, XP and prize money?

For example, the new Ferrari F1 races (which I hear from friends are tough) - Set the slider to level 1 and it pays $10,000 for 1st place and the CPU cars are easy, set it to level 10 and the payout is $100,000 and they are as strong as possible and maybe the XP is adjusted as well.  Something like that?

I think we were spoiled with the bonus money and XP, but now it's over and I'm stuck on level 29 with what looks like a long grind to 30.

Also, to answer your #3 comment BlackIceLSC:  The 3 new seasonals that have FF - FR and 4WD cars you can run any car that meets those requirements, it just shows what your average opponents car has in HP.  ie - FF is 200hp, FR is 300HP and 4WD is 400 (approx.) so you can use any car you have in these and challenge yourself I guess by chosing your car.

I just tried one of the 4WD races last night (it was late, I was tired) with the 744HP ZZII and blew them all away, using something that was 4WD with 350-400HP would prob be a good challenge for someone my skill level.  And you did get prize money, think it was $12,000 or so - and not great XP, but something new and fun to try, more that most console games give you every week or two.

Thanks,

-Pro-PC

Message 50 of 107 (21 Views)
0 Likes