Fender Bender
3066 posts

Re: Just broke game disk in half and smashed controller....this game sucks

Feb 9, 2011

snobord99 wrote:

WAGG__da__DOGG wrote:

Trading is the preferred way to get a X2010.

I don't know how true this is. Personally, I preferred to get the various X2010s by bronze, silver, and golding the Vettel challenge.

Total goldaholic: 60 License golds (done), 58 offline Special Event golds (done), 134 A-spec golds (3 to go), 136 B-spec golds (1 to go)

Amen to this.

And I don't know why people call it "trading".  We know darn well people aren't giving anything (that they've earned) for it.

Perhaps "da_Dogg" should have just wrote "cheating is how a lot of people who don't have skills get an X2010".

PSN ID: U2EDGE

60/60 Gold Licenses
S. Vettel: All Gold

A: 40 - B: 40

Message 81 of 107 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Feb 9, 2011

snobord99 wrote:

He doesn't know the difference between a F1 and a Geo Metro and you expect him to know the difference between a Cessna and a P51 Mustang?
Total goldaholic: 60 License golds (done), 58 offline Special Event golds (done), 134 A-spec golds (3 to go), 136 B-spec golds (1 to go)

epic lulz. this thread is still funny.

Message 82 of 107 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Feb 9, 2011

Epic!!

Message 83 of 107 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Feb 9, 2011

I agree the game kinda sucks but you don't need to go breaking the game. Have you not seen the Gamefly commercial? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGHEhKo5Ils

Message 84 of 107 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1410 posts

Feb 9, 2011

Digitalwisdom wrote:

ok, i did the work, got to lvl 24 and bought the F1 car only to find that it totally sucks. It cant steer worth crap and if you dare hit a patch of grass you're flying out of control. Really? thats what you intended? IT wont even freaking turn. This is the extreme level, AI cars drive like they are on rails and i have a 5 million dollar *** that cant steer or brake without losing control?????

What a joke you  game designers played on me. ANyways im done with it. Thankfully it only wasted a month of my time.

Shame, i loved gt3 and gt4 was the best ever but gt5 means i wont ever buy a sony game again. Honestly i bought my 600.00 ps3 in anticipation of GT5. It took a few more years for the unskilled designers to put the finishing touches on this crappy game. I had my hopes up for some epic racing only to find that most of these cars have no ability to get a wing and control downforce and surprisingly despite having soft racing tires they have 0 traction.

Have you tried a racing wheel?  What about online?

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/arcadias1595
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/arcadias1695
Message 85 of 107 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Feb 9, 2011

It's like anything else...it takes knowledge and _experience_. There is a lot of writing available in books and online about race driving technique. Read it and practice, practice, practice and after a while it gets easier. Not everyone becomes another Andretti, but almost anyone can get good enough to have some fun and a win now and then.

Having done the FGT races in GT4 many times, I was more than ready for what GT5 offers. I won the GT5 FGT series first time out and have won the separate races many times since then. And lost a few times as well. At the Nurburgring and Monaco you mainly have to be ready to dodge the wrecks that happen in front of you in the same turns almost every race. Other than that, just be smooth and consistent and hit your marks and the wins come fairly easily. Indy is my favorite. Yeehaw!

Message 86 of 107 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Feb 9, 2011

Amazing that this thread, after 24hrs of nonsense, is still going. I hope you all enjoyed feeding the troll. Next.

Message 87 of 107 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 9, 2011

Certainly! Good fun

But I think by now his computer's already at the other side of his smashed window

----> Otherwise... CarTown on FB could be something for you?

Message 88 of 107 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

Feb 9, 2011

Haha, it's not the cars, the setups, the upgrade parts or anything but you and only you. Because of your over the top temper (OP should get some anger manegment classes) now you'll never know the pride that comes with mastering something that is hard to do. Ever see a real F1 car hit grass? This game is branded as a 'simulator' as it says so right on the case. that means the cars drive like real cars. If it was easy to master, there'd be no pride or honor in it. But, you'll never know now that you threw a hissy fit for something that is your own fault.

Message 89 of 107 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 10, 2011

That has to be the funniest thing ive read ever.

Message 90 of 107 (18 Views)
0 Likes